Waskom 13-0 vs West Rusk 12-1 at Longview Lobo Stadium 7:30 Friday. WR Home Team

Wild74

Waskom 13-0 vs West Rusk 12-1 at Longview Lobo Stadium 7:30 Friday. WR Home Team   

90 members have voted

1. 1. Waskom beat West Rusk first time 40-0 in the rain, will WR get revenge

I think it will be a closer game than last time for sure. Waskom still wins just because I feel like WR athletes are one tier down from Gunter and Arp. It's one thing to know how to stop something and a whole other thing to actually stop it. Waskom-40

WR-24

One tier down from Arp? Seriously? What a joke. Thanks for the laugh!

If waskom offense stays the same against WR as I has been against Gunter and Arp they will prop sqeak by the Raiders, but Henrietta or Idalou will send them to the bball court round 5. They need a spark. I'll still take the wildcats in a close one for this game

Waskom will most likely face Idalou in the semis. I don't think WR will get within 21. Waskom is well coached and they have learned something from Gunter and Arp. And they seem to be able to bust one when you think you have them shut down. They also know how to play defense which is the biggest key at this point in the playoffs. You can get some decent gains, but sustained drives and scoring in the red zone are not easy against Waskom.

• Like 4

Trying to go ahead and figure this out. But if I attend as a neutral football fan, will I automatically be accused as a Waskom hater?

LOL. Horns you gonna have to sit on the Waskom side to verify your not a hater! And you are welcome to sit with Wild 74 and " Buddy Garrity". I am volunteering them.

I've been wrong alot more than usual lately, but I'm gonna have to go with West Rusk. I've underestimated them for the last time. They are hungry and run back games are DANGEROUS.

Yep, they absolutely look dangerous when you look at their last 5 games. 128 touches for 927 yards averaging 7.2 yards a touch and 285 yards per game BUT let's look at their game previous to those 5 games which was against our State Champ Wildcats. And don't forget that WR was coming into that game undefeated and ready to give Waskom their first loss. WR was hyped to win disrict and they only gained 170 yards on 43 carries and Nick Ballard was held to only 107 yards on 31 touches against the Waskom D. So as long as the D shows up...kinda like they did at the 8 mins mark in the 3rd period last night holding Arp to negative 13 yards for the rest of the game.....it will be a very long night for WR. Waskom's D will be too much for WR.

Waskom 42

WR 14

• Like 3

Yep, they absolutely look dangerous when you look at their last 5 games. 128 touches for 927 yards averaging 7.2 yards a touch and 285 yards per game BUT let's look at their game previous to those 5 games which was against our State Champ Wildcats. And don't forget that WR was coming into that game undefeated and ready to give Waskom their first loss. WR was hyped to win disrict and they only gained 170 yards on 43 carries and Nick Ballard was held to only 107 yards on 31 touches against the Waskom D. So as long as the D shows up...kinda like they did at the 8 mins mark in the 3rd period last night holding Arp to negative 13 yards for the rest of the game.....it will be a very long night for WR. Waskom's D will be too much for WR.

Waskom 42

WR 14

you can't criticize the D too much. They started showing out when the offense could stay on the field long enough to give them a breather. Prior to about mid way through 3rd quarter Waskoms D spent the 90% of their time on the field

you can't criticize the D too much. They started showing out when the offense could stay on the field long enough to give them a breather. Prior to about mid way through 3rd quarter Waskoms D spent the 90% of their time on the field

Not criticizing at all. Just pointing out how dominating and shutdown they can be at times.

Your right. Our offense has hung the defense out to dry since we started playing these playoffs. Consistently are putting them in bad situations and field position

Low scoring game, 2 weeks n a row teams are giving Waskom a run for their money... I think this is the week they fall short thats my opinion fellas.. I told ya WR wanted a rematch they will come out on a different note then the first match.. good luck both squads ill b there.. give me some feedback

Matchup analyzer results for the game from Adjusted Seats:

Waskom - 42 96% Win Probability

WR - 15 4% Win Probability

This site is approx. 99% accurate so far. We'll see...

That settles it then

Waskom 42

WR 15

Seriously, I wasn't at our last game that the two teams played, but did see the WR/HS game. Seemed that all the rushing yardage seemed to come straight "up-the-gut" for the most. WR didn't impress me at all during their win vs HS. I do realize that emotions are gonna be at an all time high, as they should be in a game of this magnitude, but it can also lead to mistakes, and I feel that WR is prone, more so, to committing the mistakes that can cost them the ball game. Ground-n-pound alone I don't see winning this game. I also don't see many passes being completed, dry field or not. Our DB's (IMO) are playing at a much higher level than the guys from the year prior. Again (IMO) I don't feel that WR possesses the overall speed to be able to keep up with these hosses, I mean Wildcats!!

Low scoring game, 2 weeks n a row teams are giving Waskom a run for their money... I think this is the week they fall short thats my opinion fellas.. I told ya WR wanted a rematch they will come out on a different note then the first match.. good luck both squads ill b there.. give me some feedback

How lo scoring ya thinking?

That settles it then

Waskom 42

WR 15

Seriously, I wasn't at our last game that the two teams played, but did see the WR/HS game. Seemed that all the rushing yardage seemed to come straight "up-the-gut" for the most. WR didn't impress me at all during their win vs HS. I do realize that emotions are gonna be at an all time high, as they should be in a game of this magnitude, but it can also lead to mistakes, and I feel that WR is prone, more so, to committing the mistakes that can cost them the ball game. Ground-n-pound alone I don't see winning this game. I also don't see many passes being completed, dry field or not. Our DB's (IMO) are playing at a much higher level than the guys from the year prior. Again (IMO) I don't feel that WR possesses the overall speed to be able to keep up with these hosses, I mean Wildcats!!

Good comment. I agree with you. I saw the WR vs. HS and PP games. WR is big and pound it up the middle. #21 is a great back but goes down after the 1st contact most of the time. He doesn't seem to run with the aggression of Aime. Not taking anything away from him at all. Waskom will adjust the defense to adapt to the ground and pound of WR. WR passing is good u like you said 1Wildcat our DB's are at the top of their game. They are not EF db's. Skinny post plays will not be breakaways against our db's or lb's.

jett - were you at the WR vs. PP game on Thursday with your son sitting on the PP side?

Good comment. I agree with you. I saw the WR vs. HS and PP games. WR is big and pound it up the middle. #21 is a great back but goes down after the 1st contact most of the time. He doesn't seem to run with the aggression of Aime. Not taking anything away from him at all. Waskom will adjust the defense to adapt to the ground and pound of WR. WR passing is good u like you said 1Wildcat our DB's are at the top of their game. They are not EF db's. Skinny post plays will not be breakaways against our db's or lb's.

What was the point at taking a shot at EF?