Waskom 13-0 vs West Rusk 12-1 at Longview Lobo Stadium 7:30 Friday. WR Home Team

Wild74

Waskom 13-0 vs West Rusk 12-1 at Longview Lobo Stadium 7:30 Friday. WR Home Team   

90 members have voted

1. 1. Waskom beat West Rusk first time 40-0 in the rain, will WR get revenge

yes they won a championship in 73 beat Waskim in the first game 28-3 those Tillman brothers was very tough.

Remember those years. Keith had a wicked forearm( now illegal). Caught my cousin under the chin.. Lights out! That was before we could get concussions of course.
  • Like 1

#2 for Waskom has done a good job when filling in for Chan at rb.

. He needs experience there for sure. Would like to have seen what they would have looked like with him there and Chan at slot. Maybe much better, maybe not. Like to use the speed on the edges though.

. He needs experience there for sure. Would like to have seen what they would have looked like with him there and Chan at slot. Maybe much better, maybe not. Like to use the speed on the edges though.

I like that little short pitch they do with Amie, gives him a look see at what might be open for a short second or two verse the FB dive which you take what you can.

He aint telling a lie. Our offense the past two weeks has been a one man show and if that one man didnt come back into the game against Arp then we dont win that one. No need in calling him names when he is speaking the truth because our sweeps and passing game has basically been shut down. If its not for Amie breaking tackles up the middle, off tackle and in beast mode then we prob dont even make it past Gunter. We have to find some production in other areas or we will be playing basketball pretty soon.

There's no doubt that without Aimee against Gunter we're probably playing b-ball but luckily we had him. I look for the offense to get back on track this week.

Remember those years. Keith had a wicked forearm( now illegal). Caught my cousin under the chin.. Lights out! That was before we could get concussions of course.

Think they referred to a concussion back then as "getting your bell rung"!! That was before the invention of ACL's, MCL's and all those other L's that are so popular nowadays!! Spray it with numbing spray and get back out there!! ;)

No I aint been to any games since PP beat my Winona team.. but ill b there this week if the lord is willing

Jett, this is a test. Under this post, in the lower right corner you will see the word "quote"!! Click on it, it will bring up the post you want to reply to AND your reply. That way the rest of us aren't wondering!!

I really hope Waskom loses just because of the Waskom smoaky posters. Y'all are so arrogant. Can't believe Waskom is still being ranked in 3A with D1 teams. They would not stay on the field with the top of 3A d1

Hey Sappy, how you doing, guess your team is out too, most haters are............Guess with that ranking us Waskom Fans are not the only ones that know

• Like 2

I really hope Waskom loses just because of the Waskom smoaky posters. Y'all are so arrogant. Can't believe Waskom is still being ranked in 3A with D1 teams. They would not stay on the field with the top of 3A d1

Since there is no way that we would play, except for pre-District play, I've never understood why they combine both divisions in their rankings, wish that they would keep them separate. As far as not being able to "hang" with the big boys go, we're already further into the season than the "experts" on the matter had predicted, so if the season were to end come next Friday night, the season could be looked upon as a success to a degree. I still say that once into the playoffs, that 16th game should be the only goal for every team in the mix. Granted, it's one game and opponent at a time. I'm sure WR is just as confident about being able to beat us as we are about them, if not then you might as well get a head start on airing the round-balls up. Yeah, there probably are some D1 teams we couldn't handle. Shoot, there may be some D2 teams we can't handle. Time will tell. As far as the "arrogant" commment goes:

A) AR-RO-GANT - Having or revealing an exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities.

OR

B) CON-FI-DENCE - A feeling of self assurance arising from one's appreciation of one's own abilities or qualities.

I feel (B) best decribes the majority of the Wildcat posters. Nothing can be mistaken for arrogance if the scoreboard at the end of the game reflects in your favor. Shows you've proven that your confidence was warranted.

• Like 1

that is prolly a true story but they will get beat by West Rusk.

What's up with you man? You honestly think that will happen?? GET REAL. Ballard hasn't been able to muster up much yardage against waskom last year or this year. Thy rely on the run up the middle then pop a play action off of it. Everyone and there mom knows that if you can't establish the run up the middle then the play action ain't there.

Coach Irwin did everything he could do this year to give his Arp boys a chance to beat Waskom. He wore white as the home team. Won the toss and deferred as that is Waskom's method for 2 years or more. Kicked onsides kicks as Waskom destroyed them with them last year,nad started running the Waskom offense. All things added together and Arp still lost.

Now comes West Rusk. A very talented group with good depth. My thought is if they defer and Waskom scores first, they will be in trouble. Last month they scored zero points against Waskom. No matter the emotion, if they fall behind, that fact will be there in the backs of their minds and doubt will start gnawing its way to the forefront of their conscious thought.

Can they beat a Waskom team that has shown signs of mortality lately? You bet they can. Will they? Hmmm.....Naw, JJ is picking them. He has been on the short end with Waskom ever since I joined Smoaky. Waskom vs. Idalou. MW next week.

Coach Irwin did everything he could do this year to give his Arp boys a chance to beat Waskom. He wore white as the home team. Won the toss and deferred as that is Waskom's method for 2 years or more. Kicked onsides kicks as Waskom destroyed them with them last year,nad started running the Waskom offense. All things added together and Arp still lost.

Now comes West Rusk. A very talented group with good depth. My thought is if they defer and Waskom scores first, they will be in trouble. Last month they scored zero points against Waskom. No matter the emotion, if they fall behind, that fact will be there in the backs of their minds and doubt will start gnawing its way to the forefront of their conscious thought.

Can they beat a Waskom team that has shown signs of mortality lately? You bet they can. Will they? Hmmm.....Naw, JJ is picking them. He has been on the short end with Waskom ever since I joined Smoaky. Waskom vs. Idalou. Metroplex next week.

Only way he woulda won if we traded unis!!

Guest troup7on7

Can they beat a Waskom team that has shown signs of mortality lately? You bet they can. Will they? Hmmm.....Naw, JJ is picking them. He has been on the short end with Waskom ever since I joined Smoaky. Waskom vs. Idalou. Metroplex next week.

So now you think Waskom coaches are the first coaches to win the toss and defer. That's funny!!!!!! Teams been doing that before Keeling was a coach.

Guest troup7on7

Is that what he said Gramps?

Your name calling shows your maturity. And yes he was saying that the Arp Coach deferred after waskom coaches been doing it for two yrs. Read it again.

I'm confused.....is it "troup7on7" or "westrusk12an2"?

Does it matter? You were confused long before you read my screen name.