Waskom 13-0 vs West Rusk 12-1 at Longview Lobo Stadium 7:30 Friday. WR Home Team

Wild74

Waskom 13-0 vs West Rusk 12-1 at Longview Lobo Stadium 7:30 Friday. WR Home Team   

90 members have voted

1. 1. Waskom beat West Rusk first time 40-0 in the rain, will WR get revenge

Or accept. Aren't you a college student? The lack of basic mastery of the English language exhibited on this message board is appalling.

Touché

PS.. Do you see that little tic mark above the "e"? You see you've put that word out there numerous times spelled "touche". So if you're going to be the grammar police you better make sure your grammar is up to par. You're beginning to act like a "d-o-u-c-h-e"!

I wondered if someone would take issue with this. Many of the mistakes on here are the results of typing with a thumb on a phone and the phone changing some misspelled words into something not meant. But, I was struggling trying to give that one the benefit of doubt. I don't usually say anything. The most common mistake I see is the word "where" used when it should be "were". I sometimes wonder what it was like as a kid for people who learned these patterns as they did. I had little access to TV as a kid so I got to do a lot of reading. I was never real good with math though... Xs and O S ( had to separate them to overcome spellcheck lol) not my thing either. Easier to sit back and observe the big picture, thus not coach or teacher material.

If you're going to comment on grammar, you might want to make sure you have your apostrophe alignment mastered. You can't pick and choose which parts of grammar you're going to critique if you're going to critique at all...

As for 13TX, I'll look more into your posts, no one likes the grammar police! Isn't this the guy that coaches at West Rusk but graduated from Troup?

If you're going to comment on grammar, you might want to make sure you have your apostrophe alignment mastered. You can't pick and choose which parts of grammar you're going to critique if you're going to critique at all...

As for 13TX, I'll look more into your posts, no one likes the grammar police! Isn't this the guy that coaches at West Rusk but graduated from Troup?

Nope he's a JJ from Winona!

I have to believe you directed that at me. I went back and read your original post. There are several errors of which I never commented, and in fact I only commented on what you might have meant by your use of the word distinct. As I said, most errors on Smoaky are the result of cellphone key entry. I think we should get back to football. Most readers tire of this garbage quickly.

Waskom will rebound this week and dominate WR. Ballard will continue his woes with, as he said after last year.. Every time I got the ball number 15 was hitting me in the backfield... Ballard IS a very tough running back by the way.

• Like 1

Whats not a dream is that EF has been playing basketball for nearly a month!!!! Hows that working out for you? You figured out how to dribble behind your back yet?? it should be easy since you guys start practing a month and a half earlier then anyone else the past 3 years. Lol

say man we love basketball in EF I agree the last three years have been bad for us, but trust me we are going to get back on track, but for now (COACH ) enjoy your success.

What was the point at taking a shot at EF?

Not taking a shot a EF players. I watched the EF vs. WR game film and the EF db's never stood a chance against WR. Either they were not prepared for the quick slants or they had the wrong defensive game plan leaving corners in man coverage 1 on 1 against WR receivers. It was just pitch and catch. I should have been more clear. I never take cheap shots at these young men. Waskom will be better prepared for them is all I was saying.

You sir are clueless. You can have great athletes in a terrible system and the team ####. You can also have average athletes in a great system and make it to the regional finals. AHEM. Hello WR!

Hello Waskom! You sir are clueless! You just spoke of your own team. Other than #15, that's all you have. WR has some kids being recruited. #15 is a difference maker. Take him out and your average. For that matter most 3a d11 teams have only a couple that will ever play again.

Hello Waskom! You sir are clueless! You just spoke of your own team. Other than #15, that's all you have. WR has some kids being recruited. #15 is a difference maker. Take him out and your average. For that matter most 3a d11 teams have only a couple that will ever play again.

Played without him 2 years ago and made it to the semis. He is a difference maker though and thats a big part of why at the end of this week it will be basketball season in New london.

+100

• Like 1

say man we love basketball in EF I agree the last three years have been bad for us, but trust me we are going to get back on track, but for now (COACH ) enjoy your success.

Speaking of coaches- i heard yall got Chapman back coaching yalls varsity ?? If so yall might be competitive again in hoops. I got a lot of respect for him.

Take him out and Waskom still beats WR by two td's, so does that make WR below average?

Since we are talking about coaches let's talk about our group of coaches. You guys say all we have is Chan and I agree he is a beast but our group of coaches should also be held at that same level as Chan. They have instilled a work ethic, a respect for the game, and a since of professionalism in our kids that had been lacking for a very long time. Just one lil example...... I don't think there has been one game this year where I haven't seen multiple waskom kids give a hand to an opposing player on the ground through out the game. So when our team takes the field, Waskom fans know that our group of coaches are like a bunch of #15's on the sidelines and in the booth......Unstoppable!

• Like 2

Since we are talking about coaches let's talk about our group of coaches. You guys say all we have is Chan and I agree he is a beast but our group of coaches should also be held at that same level as Chan. They have instilled a work ethic, a respect for the game, and a since of professionalism in our kids that had been lacking for a very long time. Just one lil example...... I don't think there has been one game this year where I haven't seen multiple waskom kids give a hand to an opposing player on the ground through out the game. So when our team takes the field Waskom fans know that our group of coaches are like a bunch of #15's on the sidelines and in the booth. Unstoppable!

+1

Since we are talking about coaches let's talk about our group of coaches. You guys say all we have is Chan and I agree he is a beast but our group of coaches should also be held at that same level as Chan. They have instilled a work ethic, a respect for the game, and a since of professionalism in our kids that had been lacking for a very long time. Just one lil example...... I don't think there has been one game this year where I haven't seen multiple waskom kids give a hand to an opposing player on the ground through out the game. So when our team takes the field, Waskom fans know that our group of coaches are like a bunch of #15's on the sidelines and in the booth......Unstoppable!

+100

And for the earlier post about bandwagon fans who had no posts from before the state semi-finals season...check the profile...I have been on since 2003. Guess I am an old geezer next to some of you young pups who know it all.....

Waskom 35

WR 21

Chan and Mike Reason will be in the Raider backfield all night long Jason Jinks will have another outstanding game. Keileon Johnson (#2) will have an amazing game on both sides of the ball. Dylan Harkrider will pass for 100 yards or more. Kaleb Haynes and Eric Stephens III will each have at least one receiving touchdown. Our O-Line and D-Line will dominate the line of scrimmage.

And Waskom will hear all week again about how all we have is #15......

• Like 3

Dude, don't see where anyone compared Waskom to Tatum, but apparently your not a basketball fan, so since I'm one of those more humble Waskom supporters you can bring your sippie cup and animal crackers and set with me Friday Night

Take a crack at our program and I fire back. And i love basketball. We are solid. Will be even more splid when we get some kids back from football injuries.

And for the earlier post about bandwagon fans who had no posts from before the state semi-finals season...check the profile...I have been on since 2003. Guess I am an old geezer next to some of you young pups who know it all.....

Waskom 35

WR 21

Chan and Mike Reason will be in the Raider backfield all night long Jason Jinks will have another outstanding game. Keileon Johnson (#2) will have an amazing game on both sides of the ball. Dylan Harkrider will pass for 100 yards or more. Kaleb Haynes and Eric Stephens III will each have at least one receiving touchdown. Our O-Line and D-Line will dominate the line of scrimmage. How many yards did Harkrider throw for against Arp Friday?? And were any of those names in the backfield all night against Arp?? The Tigers had more positive plays than Waskom in that game but ok gramps your the expert lol

Waskom 35

WR 21

Chan and Mike Reason will be in the Raider backfield all night long Jason Jinks will have another outstanding game. Keileon Johnson (#2) will have an amazing game on both sides of the ball. Dylan Harkrider will pass for 100 yards or more. Kaleb Haynes and Eric Stephens III will each have at least one receiving touchdown. Our O-Line and D-Line will dominate the line of scrimmage. How many yards did Harkrider throw for against Arp Friday?? And were any of those names in the backfield all night against Arp?? The Tigers had more positive plays than Waskom in that game but ok gramps your the expert lol