Waskom 13-0 vs West Rusk 12-1 at Longview Lobo Stadium 7:30 Friday. WR Home Team

Wild74

Waskom 13-0 vs West Rusk 12-1 at Longview Lobo Stadium 7:30 Friday. WR Home Team   

90 members have voted

1. 1. Waskom beat West Rusk first time 40-0 in the rain, will WR get revenge

I was at this game. Enjoyed watching the first half. But when Waskom rolled off 28 straight points after it was tied at 22-all kinda turned the tide.

There were 3 critical calls IMO. The first was on one of the Waskom TD runs down the WR sideline. There was a major hold right on the corner and no call. The second was the fumble on the second drive of the 2nd half. WR would've gotten a stop, and the back judge called it a fumble. But the Waskom referee from their sideline came in and said it was down. Big call there because it's a 2-score game. West Rusk really hadn't been stopped to that point, and if they score it's a 1-score game. The 3rd was on the very next Waskom possession when the ball bounced into the receivers hands. Again, the back judge came in and said it hit the ground, which replays showed it did. But the Waskom referee came running in and over ruled. Those were the 3 biggest plays that all happened when the game was still in doubt.

I think Waskom is a lot different without Amie. When he left, they didn't do as much.

I don't understand the onsides kick when you're up 43-22. I also don't understand the trick passing play on the first play of the next drive. But I guess it is what it is, and Waskom was trying to run it up. I guess a 3 TD win, even though that's what they were favored by, wasn't enough. They needed to prove something. What that was? Who knows.

Good luck down the road, but I hope someone beats them. Not sure who will, but I hope someone does. I don't think the west teams (Henrietta and Idalou) have the speed. Don't know about the south teams. It appears Franklin is really good this year and has a high octane offense. It also seems like East Bernard is not just a basketball power anymore.

This Raiders team was fun to watch and will be missed. I know there's a lot of seniors, and they were fun to follow.

I was at this game. Enjoyed watching the first half. But when Waskom rolled off 28 straight points after it was tied at 22-all kinda turned the tide.

There were 3 critical calls IMO. The first was on one of the Waskom TD runs down the WR sideline. There was a major hold right on the corner and no call. The second was the fumble on the second drive of the 2nd half. WR would've gotten a stop, and the back judge called it a fumble. But the Waskom referee from their sideline came in and said it was down. Big call there because it's a 2-score game. West Rusk really hadn't been stopped to that point, and if they score it's a 1-score game. The 3rd was on the very next Waskom possession when the ball bounced into the receivers hands. Again, the back judge came in and said it hit the ground, which replays showed it did. But the Waskom referee came running in and over ruled. Those were the 3 biggest plays that all happened when the game was still in doubt.

I think Waskom is a lot different without Amie. When he left, they didn't do as much.

I don't understand the onsides kick when you're up 43-22. I also don't understand the trick passing play on the first play of the next drive. But I guess it is what it is, and Waskom was trying to run it up. I guess a 3 TD win, even though that's what they were favored by, wasn't enough. They needed to prove something. What that was? Who knows.

Good luck down the road, but I hope someone beats them. Not sure who will, but I hope someone does. I don't think the west teams (Henrietta and Idalou) have the speed. Don't know about the south teams. It appears Franklin is really good this year and has a high octane offense. It also seems like East Bernard is not just a basketball power anymore.

This Raiders team was fun to watch and will be missed. I know there's a lot of seniors, and they were fun to follow.

hater. The pass on the sideline was a bad call tho. We can call it 50- 28 if it makes you feel better.
  • Like 1

If my memory is correct WR was up 22-8, so don't come on here with critical calls that would've made a difference. That was a great football game!

Congrats you win this years classless and clueless fan of the year award. What a joke

• Like 2

What a moron. You and Jett2010 need to find some other team to hate on. You don't have a clue about the game of football. Hey, excuses work though.

Yes, we ARE a different team without Amie, just as you guys would be a different team without Ballard or Starling. You've got a 13-0 team and a 12-1 team playing in the State quarter-finals and you're gonna sit there and cry like a baby about an osk and a trick pass play. Yes, eventually w will be beat. When? Who knows. It may be the next game, it may be next season. But it WASN'T tonight and it wasn't by your team that was "ready" for Waskom.

The better team won, just saying.

west rusk is a good football team no doubt. If they would've pulled off the upset tonight I would be cheering for them to win it all. IMO Waskom's speed on both sides of the ball was the difference. Good season WR. Your only 2 losses were to the defending state champions who have won 29 games in a row.
  • Like 1