Waskom 13-0 vs West Rusk 12-1 at Longview Lobo Stadium 7:30 Friday. WR Home Team

Wild74

Waskom 13-0 vs West Rusk 12-1 at Longview Lobo Stadium 7:30 Friday. WR Home Team   

90 members have voted

1. 1. Waskom beat West Rusk first time 40-0 in the rain, will WR get revenge

I liked our offensive game plan. It would have been more effective if we broke the huddle directly into formation then snapped.

Not a knock or anything, but I was curious why your QB doesn't run more than he does. As big as he is, seems like he'd be a force running the ball, and would make his passing even more dangerous. Just an observation.

I liked our offensive game plan. It would have been more effective if we broke the huddle directly into formation then snapped.

The offensive game plan was the right idea just needed to get some stops on defense. WR kids fought til the end.

Congrats on a great season WR!

• Like 1

Not a knock or anything, but I was curious why your QB doesn't run more than he does. As big as he is, seems like he'd be a force running the ball, and would make his passing even more dangerous. Just an observation.

I think it was out of fear of injury. Our back-up is good but only a freshman, he needs a year to mature first.

Waskom 57

West Rusk 28

Total Offense Waskom 522 yards West Rusk 283 yards

Rushing total Waskom 420 yards West Rusk 127 yards

Passing total Waskom 102 yards West Rusk 156 yards

Waskom Leaders: Amie 12 carries for 206 yards 3 TD's; Harkrider 6 of 6 for 102 yards 2 TD's

West Rusk leaders: Ballard 20 carries for 62 yards 1 TD; Starling 10 of 25 for 156 yards 2 TD's

Some folks have class and some folks don't...You know who you are as do the rest of us! Was a good game for one half. OK for a quarter and a half! Chan unfortunately got a stinger and had to set out but we simply kept playing our game and WR simply couldn't handle it! Ballard is a baller but I knew WR's power game wouldn't hurt us and the passing game came to a halt once we moved a guy or two around and adjusted. Was a good game and we were simply better in every phase of the game...Good night to all

Congrats Waskom. Credit is due to your coaches and players. Idalou is NOT beating them. I hope yall win it all. I'm due for some crow here... I want it baked. Been wrong alot lately. Sorry West Rusk... Didn't play well enough on defense and special teams. Great season though. I'm happy for yall.

I was at this game. Enjoyed watching the first half. But when Waskom rolled off 28 straight points after it was tied at 22-all kinda turned the tide.

There were 3 critical calls IMO. The first was on one of the Waskom TD runs down the WR sideline. There was a major hold right on the corner and no call. The second was the fumble on the second drive of the 2nd half. WR would've gotten a stop, and the back judge called it a fumble. But the Waskom referee from their sideline came in and said it was down. Big call there because it's a 2-score game. West Rusk really hadn't been stopped to that point, and if they score it's a 1-score game. The 3rd was on the very next Waskom possession when the ball bounced into the receivers hands. Again, the back judge came in and said it hit the ground, which replays showed it did. But the Waskom referee came running in and over ruled. Those were the 3 biggest plays that all happened when the game was still in doubt.

I think Waskom is a lot different without Amie. When he left, they didn't do as much.

I don't understand the onsides kick when you're up 43-22. I also don't understand the trick passing play on the first play of the next drive. But I guess it is what it is, and Waskom was trying to run it up. I guess a 3 TD win, even though that's what they were favored by, wasn't enough. They needed to prove something. What that was? Who knows.

Good luck down the road, but I hope someone beats them. Not sure who will, but I hope someone does. I don't think the west teams (Henrietta and Idalou) have the speed. Don't know about the south teams. It appears Franklin is really good this year and has a high octane offense. It also seems like East Bernard is not just a basketball power anymore.

This Raiders team was fun to watch and will be missed. I know there's a lot of seniors, and they were fun to follow.

This is a good example of someone that doesn't have a clue about football! Also, lacking that the C and L in the word class, the other letters he has down just fine! lol

• Like 2

The better team won, just saying.

I appreciate your postings on this thread. You have been straight up the whole time, knowing your team was facing an uphill battle against Waskom. WR has a great offense, very balanced and have had a great year. If they keep working on that defense, they can be very good. Adopt the Waskom Hard, fast, physical phiosophy that has been successful for them the last 3, 4 years and WR can be a force. Great facilities and community buy in can take them to the top.

Rating defenses in the playoffs from my perspective: Gunter, Arp, WR DeKalb. 1st two are close and 2nd two are close.

Officiating: Surprised these crews are struggling to make accurate calls at this level. Bad calls, no calls both ways. 1st half WR had only a delay of game called right before half. Waskom had at least 5 pass interference calls, some legit, some... well. Offiiciating did not determine the outcome of the game. It was obvious, as our neighbor from New London said, the better team won.

Wow, what a year. I don't think there were a handful of ETX folks would have thought Waskom could be at this point having had to fill so many spots vacated by such good high school football players from last year's team. Thanks to the coaching staff and the great young men for a season so fullfilling.

• Like 1

Me also, thought he might had broke his collar bone, but they saying just a stinger

it appeared to be more than a stinger I watched him after the game and he was still not moving his arm. Better hope the young man can play cause you won't win without him he is not the whole team but about 90% of it.

What a moron. You and Jett2010 need to find some other team to hate on. You don't have a clue about the game of football. Hey, excuses work though.

Lets not get it twisted bro I aint hating on no team I tell all the teams that are n the playoffs congrats... I bet u were sitting over there sucking ur thumb when WR jumped on yalls but in the first quarter.. then amie took over... when he went out yall looked a whole lot different yea yall moved the ball.. but their were some bad calls that waskom got away with.. but take amie out in the next round and c what happens im calling it like it is.. hes a great player on D and O he flies to the ball... if u think im hating when im complimenting your players ur a............ and u need to find another sport if u dont like it... thats my opinion and im sticking to it

I appreciate your postings on this thread. You have been straight up the whole time, knowing your team was facing an uphill battle against Waskom. WR has a great offense, very balanced and have had a great year. If they keep working on that defense, they can be very good. Adopt the Waskom Hard, fast, physical phiosophy that has been successful for them the last 3, 4 years and WR can be a force. Great facilities and community buy in can take them to the top.

Rating defenses in the playoffs from my perspective: Gunter, Arp, WR DeKalb. 1st two are close and 2nd two are close.

Officiating: Surprised these crews are struggling to make accurate calls at this level. Bad calls, no calls both ways. 1st half WR had only a delay of game called right before half. Waskom had at least 5 pass interference calls, some legit, some... well. Offiiciating did not determine the outcome of the game. It was obvious, as our neighbor from New London said, the better team won.

Wow, what a year. I don't think there were a handful of ETX folks would have thought Waskom could be at this point having had to fill so many spots vacated by such good high school football players from last year's team. Thanks to the coaching staff and the great young men for a season so fullfilling.

Got to give all the credit to WR, they played hard and had a great season. Nothing to hang your head about. Waskom's O Line played their rears off last night. They controlled the line of scrimmage and the receivers did a great job of putting WR db's on the ground on outside runs. These things did not happened much the last 2 weeks. Waskom's #12 has truly stepped into a leader role on this team. He is in such control of the offense and himself, he looks so composed out there. The Defense did their thing again, shutting down a good and bigger offense. Everyone does their assignments and contributes. Great TEAM effort.

Officiating again - it looked like the refs were trying to dust off the field they threw so many rags on it the 1st half. 2 pass int. calls on #10 were very questionable when he never touched the receiver during the plays(watch the film). #20 got 1 when the ball was at least 20' over the receivers head. Shaq couldn't have caught that one. On a punt return, WR tackled #15 6 yds. out of bounds, no call. The mysterious catch for Waskom on the sideline was actually a catch, you can see air under the ball and the receivers hands. I believe the refs must have made a decision at halftime to get out of the way and let the young men decide the outcome of the game not them. Not making excuses like all the Waskom haters like to say. I am very critical of officials at this stage of the season both ways. They are paid and trained professional. They must uphold the standards as all of us do on our jobs. Sad to see it get a little chippy at the end, frustration was setting in on WR. Their coaches got them under control before someone got hurt. Very proud to have West Rusk in our district.

Lets not get it twisted bro I aint hating on no team I tell all the teams that are n the playoffs congrats... I bet u were sitting over there sucking ur thumb when WR jumped on yalls but in the first quarter.. then amie took over... when he went out yall looked a whole lot different yea yall moved the ball.. but their were some bad calls that waskom got away with.. but take amie out in the next round and c what happens im calling it like it is.. hes a great player on D and O he flies to the ball... if u think im hating when im complimenting your players ur a............ and u need to find another sport if u dont like it... thats my opinion and im sticking to it

Hey bro, I'm inviting you to come sit on the Waskom side next Friday night. We welcome you. You may then see where our passion comes from for our team and the game of football. No joke, I'm being very serious. You may not be a fan of Waskom but I know you're a East Texas football fan!! Right bro?

• Like 1

it appeared to be more than a stinger I watched him after the game and he was still not moving his arm. Better hope the young man can play cause you won't win without him he is not the whole team but about 90% of it.

There's no doubt that Waskom is different team without Chan in the game, but for you guys and girls that keep saying he's all Waskom has are crazy!

1) Points scored with Chan 35.

2) Points scored without Chan 22.

3) Points allowed with Chan 22.

4) Points allowed without Chan 6.

mustang1113 his shoulder is fine thanks for your concerns.

Chan could have gone back in had he needed to. As for being worried, I was never really worried per say. HS jumped out with a 24 point 1st quarter and it did not phase that team. I pretty much knew that when Lucas Norton got more yards on his first carry than he and Caleb had combined in the previous 2 games that Waskom was gonna be able to score a lot if they didn't turn it over too much.

I was at the game and until the point where he got hurt he was everywhere and doing everything, he had all the tds then yalls O slowed down yea yall moved the ball but not the same with amie in.. I wish y'all all the luck

You know with your and "Sofa-jack" comments makes one wonder what you two were doing instead of watching the game. No, Waskom is not the same team without Chan, but don't "insult" the rest of the boys saying they are nothing without him. I believe they all participated in off season workouts and started two-a-days together. I believe they all have shed the same amount of sweat and tears pushing through drill after drill.

With no offense to the WR team and fans, just these two MORONS, Chan went out the first possession of the second half which ended with us fumbling it away. So why didn't WR score on every POS with him out, since he was making every tackle. Why didn't they score with our JV boys out there and Chan not there to protect them from getting schooled. Why did WR not stop us from scoring in the second half with Chan sitting and not taking every touch to the house. Our QB #12 sure didn't look to devastated with our only weapon out.

Why, because we are a TEAM, and a dang good one if I say so myself. Not because of the best player in 3A D2 but because of the kids other than Chan.

Congratulations to West Rusk on their season and hate that it came down to self elimination of District 8.

You know with your and "Sofa-jack" comments makes one wonder what you two were doing instead of watching the game. No, Waskom is not the same team without Chan, but don't "insult" the rest of the boys saying they are nothing without him. I believe they all participated in off season workouts and started two-a-days together. I believe they all have shed the same amount of sweat and tears pushing through drill after drill.

With no offense to the WR team and fans, just these two MORONS, Chan went out the first possession of the second half which ended with us fumbling it away. So why didn't WR score on every POS with him out, since he was making every tackle. Why didn't they score with our JV boys out there and Chan not there to protect them from getting schooled. Why did WR not stop us from scoring in the second half with Chan sitting and not taking every touch to the house. Our QB #12 sure didn't look to devastated with our only weapon out.

Why, because we are a TEAM, and a dang good one if I say so myself. Not because of the best player in 3A D2 but because of the kids other than Chan.

Congratulations to West Rusk on their season and hate that it came down to self elimination of District 8.

Great simply great words!!!

Hey bro, I'm inviting you to come sit on the Waskom side next Friday night. We welcome you. You may then see where our passion comes from for our team and the game of football. No joke, I'm being very serious. You may not be a fan of Waskom but I know you're a East Texas football fan!! Right bro?