Carthage vs Silsbee

CDAWG68

Quarter Final Winner  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this game?

Just wanted give props to silsbee92 for leaving the safe confines of setx forum and coming over here to talk about the game. I would sign up for acct over there but im too lazy lol.. i have been following it though and find it ironic a lot of folks over there talking about how arrogant we are....why shouldnt we be extremely confident its like deja vu we hear for a solid week how silsbees gonna do this or that then when the final buzer sounds a good ol fashion mud stompin has taken place.. it could be argued that theyre the cocky ones since theyve got nothin to base it on. If i were a silsbee fan, given VERY recent history, I would just want my team to still be in the game midway thru the 2nd qtr....now ive said my peace...fire away!

Not sure about safe confines..Lol.

When we get tired of chewing on the "opposition" we stay busy knawing on each other.

Besides....remember the banned!! That's why I'm here. Supporting the Smoke.

Wish I could make this one but I've got to work late Friday :(

Silsbee offense gives them a punchers chance but Carthage has a BIG edge in defense. Dawgs by two scores.

Well, I am "On Call" this Friday night, but SOME unfortunate co-worker with less seniority is going to have Rank pulled on him because Ol' CarthDawg77 WILL BE at Rose Stadium in Tyler Texas at kickoff this Friday!😜

Just wanted give props to silsbee92 for leaving the safe confines of setx forum and coming over here to talk about the game. I would sign up for acct over there but im too lazy lol.. i have been following it though and find it ironic a lot of folks over there talking about how arrogant we are....why shouldnt we be extremely confident its like deja vu we hear for a solid week how silsbees gonna do this or that then when the final buzer sounds a good ol fashion mud stompin has taken place.. it could be argued that theyre the cocky ones since theyve got nothin to base it on. If i were a silsbee fan, given VERY recent history, I would just want my team to still be in the game midway thru the 2nd qtr....now ive said my peace...fire away!

I signed up two years ago and still to this day have yet to get the email to confirm

I applaud silsbee92 for coming to Smoaky and supporting his team, too bad more Silsbee fans do not show up to talk the game up. We are 4 days away from another big game and the excitement is building already, let's get ready to rumble and see what both teams are made of. Go Dawgs!

I have seen a few Silsbee fans post on FSW, but I suspect some are kids. The stuff on SETX makes me shake my head. Recruiting, indoor practice facilities, etc. Let's talk X's and O's for crying out load! Why do you think Silsbee will win? What weaknesses do you think you will exploit on Carthage O or D? Give us something other than your team is hungry and they are coming to knock of the DAWGS?

The Dawgs have to remain focused this week against Silsbee. Their record is 11-2 & they just beat El Campo in a down to the very last second win on a two point conversion. We must stay disciplined & play penalty free ball for 48 minutes. The light at the end of the tunnel is clearly visible now ,& we Must keep the momentum rolling these last couple games; #5 is calling Your Names Dawgs! We, The Fans will be there to support you ALL THE WAY!

Carthage has a big job to stay focused against a team from maybe the second weakest district in the state. (Navasota was probably in the weakest). Carthage without a doubt has a far superior coaching staff, and as noted elsewhere in this thread. The coaches will have the kids playing far above their "natural" ability. Silsbee, on the other hand, when they generally advance this far, I think they do it mostly on sheer athleticism. If it were based upon coaching, they would go every year, like Carthage. But when they do go, they can be dangerous, as El Campo learned to their sorrow. As did Jasper. I think those comparative scores like against Chapel Hill mean nothing. Silsbee scored enough to win; it seems that is all they care about. They needed some points against El Campo, they went and got them. Based upon that, I think Silsbee does have a chance to win; perhaps a very small chance, but a chance.

• Like 2

Carthage has a big job to stay focused against a team from maybe the second weakest district in the state. (Navasota was probably in the weakest). Carthage without a doubt has a far superior coaching staff, and as noted elsewhere in this thread. The coaches will have the kids playing far above their "natural" ability. Silsbee, on the other hand, when they generally advance this far, I think they do it mostly on sheer athleticism. If it were based upon coaching, they would go every year, like Carthage. But when they do go, they can be dangerous, as El Campo learned to their sorrow. As did Jasper. I think those comparative scores like against Chapel Hill mean nothing. Silsbee scored enough to win; it seems that is all they care about. They needed some points against El Campo, they went and got them. Based upon that, I think Silsbee does have a chance to win; perhaps a very small chance, but a chance.

I believe that Carthage will be focused, Silsbee beat a team that has knocked us out of the playoffs in '12 and '14. Navasota was a different level of respect, even though their district is weak, since they were the defending state champs last year. Out of the 8 teams that are left, several have experience deep in the playoffs and can win it all. Carthage is just fortunate enough to have a coaching staff with a outstading record in the playoffs. I look forward to another great game just like last Friday, I do not expect to beat Silsbee like we did in 2013. (Final score 49 to 6)

I believe that Carthage will be focused, Silsbee beat a team that has knocked us out of the playoffs in '12 and '14. Navasota was a different level of respect, even though their district is weak, since they were the defending state champs last year. Out of the 8 teams that are left, several have experience deep in the playoffs and can win it all. Carthage is just fortunate enough to have a coaching staff with a outstading record in the playoffs. I look forward to another great game just like last Friday, I do not expect to beat Silsbee like we did in 2013. (Final score 49 to 6)

I don't think it will be that lopsided, either. From all accounts silsbee has the offense to hang for a while....I expect to win by a 2 or 3 scores, but 1 point will do the trick, too. All I want is a W, silsbee can have a "moral" victory, if they wish.