Carthage vs Silsbee

CDAWG68

Quarter Final Winner  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this game?

Great job Silsbee, you should be proud of how you left it all on the field tonight. Awesome job by the Dawgs, you played lights out on defense when you needed it the most. The offense, even y'all made a few mistakes, did what it took to ultimately win a game. I felt that it would be a hard hitting game, too bad an athletic Silsbee quarterback got hurt and was unable to be the threat that he has been all season. Let's keep the doing what we do and see what happens. Go Dawgs!

True to my word I'm back.

Needed a few moments to gather my thoughts.

Couple quick things:

1) Fantastic Defense/3 Big 4th Down stops, QB pressure at just the right times and then the two huge turnovers at the end to kill Silsbee momentum. Games was on the verge of being tied there in the 4th and then it all switched again.

2) once you found the weak spot for the night on the corner post route you never let up. Killed us over there. I think for three TDs. QB has a real nice touch and they didn't drop them. Respect.

I could go for a bit but it's late and I don't want to debate things that don't really matter at this point. We didn't throw early, prob because of the safeties rolled over but I think once D Thomas got hurt our night was over.

Carthage needed to have a good defensive performance to stop Silsbee. Don't know if it was your best this year but it was one of the best I've seen.

Good luck for the rest of the way and bring it home. Maybe we'll meet again when my beast is playing in 12 years. Lol.

Peace for now.

'92 out.

• Like 1

Great game, Silsbee ran the ball hard, if they could throw they would be awesome. Dawgs, what can I say. You are the best. You can beat them with run and you can beat them with the pass. Great job by the Dawg defense. You guys played with big time heart even with several of you playing hurt. I hope we get the big thumper back next week, I saw him on the side lines, but was not suited out. I hope that the Dawgs the tailback heathy for next week. I sat in front of his mom and she said it was a sprained angle. Great game Dawgs, keep the storm moving. The Dawgs started with strong wind, then came the heavy rain, then came the thunder and lightning, tonight came the hail, next week the tornado touched down. Let's G o Dawgs !!!!!! God Bless players, coaches, and fans. Safe trip home to everyone.

Couple quick things:

1) Fantastic Defense/3 Big 4th Down stops, QB pressure at just the right times and then the two huge turnovers at the end to kill Silsbee momentum. Games was on the verge of being tied there in the 4th and then it all switched again.

2) once you found the weak spot for the night on the corner post route you never let up. Killed us over there. I think for three TDs. QB has a real nice touch and they didn't drop them. Respect.

I could go for a bit but it's late and I don't want to debate things that don't really matter at this point. We didn't throw early, prob because of the safeties rolled over but I think once D Thomas got hurt our night was over.

Carthage needed to have a good defensive performance to stop Silsbee. Don't know if it was your best this year but it was one of the best I've seen.

Good luck for the rest of the way and bring it home. Maybe we'll meet again when my beast is playing in 12 years. Lol.

Peace for now.

'92 out.

Ya'll got nothin but respect from this dawg great team you got down there.

• Like 1

Couple quick things:

Peace for now.

'92 out.

Silsbee showed up tonight for sure. Very explosive offense. Man #3 can fly! Congrats on a great season guys. You have nothing to be ashamed of. Tigers left it all in the field. Just ran into a team that could match your scores and could stop your offense and force a few turnovers. Safe travels.

Silsbee92 - you seem like a great guy. Enjoyed reading your comments in the last week. Your team played hard and seemed to play clean. Lot of good athletes

Congrats on a good season, your defensive coordinator just got out coached by Little Belichick.

Thanks. Enjoyed sitting next to Carthdawg77 and watching the Bulldog clinic.

Kilgore was one of many teams that were represented at the game tonight, it was good to see so many other fans come out to watch this one. I am enjoying a beer in celebration of our victory. I am not sure who Carthdawg77 is, I have an idea but not sure if I am right or not. Cheers! Go Dawgs!

Thanks. Enjoyed sitting next to Carthdawg77 and watching the Bulldog clinic.

Thanks KildogDad! I enjoyed meeting you & your buddy & watching The Dawgs win this game! Silsbee played us close until the fourth qtr... It was a very good game by a worthy team! Their O line is Huge & protected the QB from McLinn & Co. Very well & the RBs proved tough to bring down before they got 1st downs! All in all, it was Carthage being Carthage in True Playoff fashion!

Silsbee was the fastest team we played all year. They had some explosive players on offense. Silsbee kept battling when they could've folded up several times. Honestly, they were better than I thought they would be. Congrats on a great season!

First, I hope Ingram is ok. He is the spark that turns our offense from potent to prolific. We will need him going forward. I think Hardy stepped up big time though tonight. Prolly his best game of the season. Second, Jarrod McLin is a freakin beast! No further explanation needed. Third, Blissett is a true gun slinger. He's like Brett Farve or something. He will throw a terrible interception, and then next series drop a dime on somebody for a 80 yard TD. He has a short memory for sure. He has turned into a big time QB this season. Don't get me wrong I am still left thinking "why" sometimes, but he makes up for it every time. We have found our big play offense in the playoffs. We have an exciting team that's for sure. Now, Carthage overall played pretty sloppy tonight, IMO. Not taking anything away from the team, but we will have to clean it up if we are going to win it all. Or heck, maybe we don't. I don't even know at this point. We make mistake after mistake and then keep on fighting and make big play after big play when it's needed the most. Maybe that's just who this team is. When they have to have it, they take it! Different from any team we have had at Carthage before. It just worries me that we have turned the ball over an awful lot these past 2 weeks. Don't want to knock Silsbee cause they were a quality team, but that game shouldn't have been close. I'm thinking mistake free it's a 30 point game, easy. Only thing that stops the Carthage offense is the Carthage offense at this point. I just don't know if that's going to work against top teir defensive teams (La Vega, AW, and Argyle all have really good defenses).

Congrats to Coach Surratt and the 2015 Carthage Bulldogs for winning the Region 3 Championship. You boys proved a lot of people wrong by winning this game. There were an awful lot of people doubting you boys at different points in the season, especially on this site. All the faithful knew the potential was there for a special season, and it has come true right before our eyes. Thanks for giving us fans such a fun team to watch. This is one of my all time favorite teams. Now go finish the deal! On to Waco La Vega. Go Dawgs!

Jarod Blissett 21 out of 32 for 421 yards and 6 TDs! Talk about torching a secondary! TD passes of 67 and 60. Those were some big plays. Jackson, Townsend, and Bowens all made big plays in the passing game. And Hardy did a heck of a job on screen plays tonight, and added 109 rushing yards on 17 carries.

• Like 1

How many players we lose last night? Saw lots of injuries on both sides. Silsbee was one tough nut to crack that's for sure. Every time any of those guys fell on our players they got hurt it seemed. Real bruisers. Much respect. Had you gotten past Carthage you probably would have won State but there is no way to STOP your offense. We could only slow you down and hope for turnovers and hope to GOD we didn't get any real injuries. Very impressive. How many guys you losing on offense?

How many players we lose last night? Saw lots of injuries on both sides. Silsbee was one tough nut to crack that's for sure. Every time any of those guys fell on our players they got hurt it seemed. Real bruisers. Much respect. Had you gotten past Carthage you probably would have won State but there is no way to STOP your offense. We could only slow you down and hope for turnovers and hope to GOD we didn't get any real injuries. Very impressive. How many guys you losing on offense?

Morning.

Lost the one that counted for sure.

Dontre Thomas got hurt on a 4th down try early in the 4th. Once that happened he started taking big shots, where normally he would just avoid them. Two of those shots resulted in the two fumbles that sealed the game.

Some minor ones, but they'll heal. Not sure what was going on with the CB that was getting toasted, though that was prob the great double moves on the routes.

Saw Ingram go down. Read somewhere it was an ankle. Hope all heal well for the run.

• Like 1