Crockett vs Franklin Dec 4 @ Madisoville High School

jdawg2000

Crockett vs Franklin  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Yes the defense played bad, however Franklin's special teams let Crockett back in this game. Two onside kicks recovered by Crockett back to back. When Franklin offense had the ball they would score. I think a few tweaks by Hedrick and his crew will have this machine back in tune for next weeks game. Lol or he may be sitting in the corner of the gym the week after watching the boys dribble that round ball.

first off the franklin coach showed no class by scoring with a few seconds left in the game,he has done this before when we were in the district with them but every dog has his day,second this is the second time in 4 years that same officiating crew has stung us in the regional championship game by either not calling blatant calls or just calling stuff to bring back long plays,they called the same way they called the tatum game back in 2011.kinda thinking this crew has a grudge against crockett.franklin committed several pass interferance that were never called these were easy calls to be made.either way hats off to coach thompson and his crew on a great season and with only 4 sr playing we will be back bigger and better next year.

Max...

The last TD was a fullback dive up the middle.

AND... that same crew missed several holding calls on the Crockett o-line.

With that said... hats off to the Bulldogs for battling all the way to the end. Congrats on a great season.

either way hats off to coach thompson and his crew on a great season and with only 4 sr playing we will be back bigger and better next year.

Sounds like Crockett may be back to reloading instead of rebuilding. I will say while Phillips may be replaceable (Daniels will be better IMO), Robinson isnt as easily replaced. Possibly one of the best QB's to ever come out of that school.

Still, nothing to be down about. Great year Bulldogs and good luck to Franklin going forward...

first off the franklin coach showed no class by scoring with a few seconds left in the game,he has done this before when we were in the district with them but every dog has his day,second this is the second time in 4 years that same officiating crew has stung us in the regional championship game by either not calling blatant calls or just calling stuff to bring back long plays,they called the same way they called the tatum game back in 2011.kinda thinking this crew has a grudge against crockett.franklin committed several pass interferance that were never called these were easy calls to be made.either way hats off to coach thompson and his crew on a great season and with only 4 sr playing we will be back bigger and better next year.

I agree, the refs were horrible. The Tyler chapter is a joke. I think most know that around the state that have had to deal with them. However, I don't think they are the reason Crockett lost. The defense, turnovers, struggling in the red zone and that fast pace option offense by Franklin were the main reasons imo. I would be calling out our defense, Qb and DC, if Lufkin played like that. Not the officials. I think your defense stopped them in the first two drives and that was it. If it wasn't for those onside kick recoveries, lord knows what the score would be. The defense for Crockett couldn't stop them at all on the ground. They were just running basic dive plays to the fullback and even those plays would go for twenty plus yards, if not all the way for tds. Y'all couldn't stop #7 either. On one play he carried about five Crockett players from the 12 to the end zone. That kid probably had about 400 yards after that game. Again, turnovers didn't help things by Robinson. Anytime the Franklin defense sent pressure at him, he panicked. I don't understand why the coach didn't send more blitzes for Franklin, because he just couldn't handle it and his secondary wasn't that good. When he had some time though, he did make some good passes, mostly to his slot receivers that went all the way for a score by Phillips and 27. The Franklin secondary just couldn't cover anyone. Several recievers for Crockett were wide open.

Sounds like Crockett may be back to reloading instead of rebuilding. I will say while Phillips may be replaceable (Daniels will be better IMO), Robinson isnt as easily replaced. Possibly one of the best QB's to ever come out of that school.

Still, nothing to be down about. Great year Bulldogs and good luck to Franklin going forward...

the jr and sr classes are the smallest with the junior class having 55 or so kids unless you have a mass exodus in the next 2 years 2018 should be back to 4ad2 the 7th and 8 grade classes are loaded with skill position type kids and very fast.