Reg. II 3AD1 final Mineola vs Sunnyvale

gamewatcher63

Reg. 2 final  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Mineola vs Sunnyvale

Mineola has one of the best running duos in QB crawford and RB perkins. Twin brothers commited to A&M on the offensive line that are just monsters. Sunnyvale boasts a potent attack on the groud and through the air. Even without their QB they have beaten two very worthy opponents the last two weeks. You wouldnt be disappointed by attending this game. I will be there for sure

• Like 2

So its ok to say "should not have happened" but not ok to say anything about the weather? Sunnyvale is much more of a passing team than White Oak is. So it only makes sense that the weather affected us more than them. But ultimately, it didn't matter. The 2nd TD Sunnyvale took advantage of the coverage WO was in. Just like, I'm sure, Mineola has done plenty this season. The 3rd TD shouldn't have happened. You are right. But it DID because Sunnyvale forced a turnover and then made a play with a 6'4" receiver. If in the second half we hadn't of gone into our "heavy" package, we would have continued to run our regular offense instead of running the clock. That's why there wasn't more scoring. As if 32 against White Oak wasn't enough. Especially when the defense only gave up one TD. Look, I know without a doubt Mineola will be the best team we've played this season by far. They were state finalists last year for a reason. All I'm saying is don't underestimate this team like White Oak and Daingerfield did. Mineola will have to play well to beat the Raiders.

GoMavs is the one that started the coulda/woulda. I just gave my observations on the game. Halftime score of 13-7 would have changed the 2nd half planning by both sides in my opinion.

Believe me I'm not taking ya'll lightly, I remember Coach Settle at Brownsboro. Ya'll picked a good one to start up your program. As far as the weather I'm just repeating what my coach always told us. Don't make any excuses (weather,refs,etc.). You should play the game well enough to overcome all of that. Against Callisburg the Jackets had a drive of 92yds where they had to overcome 4 penalties. They still scored.

GoMavs is the one that started the coulda/woulda. I just gave my observations on the game. Halftime score of 13-7 would have changed the 2nd half planning by both sides in my opinion.

Believe me I'm not taking ya'll lightly, I remember Coach Settle at Brownsboro. Ya'll picked a good one to start up your program. As far as the weather I'm just repeating what my coach always told us. Don't make any excuses (weather,refs,etc.). You should play the game well enough to overcome all of that. Against Callisburg the Jackets had a drive of 92yds where they had to overcome 4 penalties. They still scored.

Agreed. But we did score 32 against what we were told was an unstoppable White Oak defense, in the rain, while not throwing a pass the whole second half. Just trying to burn clock. No excuses needed.

I was at the Mineola game on Saturday. They are dang good. We will definitely have to play our best to win.

So what do these teams do? I'm picking a game to go to and I like this match up. What kind of offenses will I see if I go? A lot of passing or good hardnosed football?

Sunnyvale is an up and coming program in I believe their 4th season in UIL competition. They throw more than run in most games and have WR's that are very good. The starting QB has been out with an injury but the back-up hasn't missed a beat. This is their second time in the playoff's losing last year in round 1. This year they have made it to the Reg. final by beating Scurry-Rosser,Daingerfield, and White Oak. They stole a good coach from East Texas to start up the program.

Mineola has been around since the beginning of time having played football for around 105 years, badly for the most part. Other than some teams in the 40's and the teams in the 60's the Jackets were the team you scheduled for homecoming. That's changed. The Jackets will run the ball 93.76% of the time and dare you to stop it. The O-line is a thing of beauty to watch, you will see them make their initial block on a lineman and then go to the 2nd level and pick off a LB. God help any DB that gets in the way. The Jacket D is just so quick and lives in the other teams backfield. Off the edge and up the middle you will see someone causing havoc. The DB's have some picks and will break up alot of pass plays. They will have their work cut out for them this week. But with Sunnyvales QB running for his life he won't have time to make many accurate throws.

Come on out and sit on the visitors side with the fun bunch, I promise we don't bite and we love the company. GO JACKETS!!!!

Edit to add I'm sorry I forgot about Joe Bob, he does bite. But he only has one tooth up front and one in the back. So if he gets ahold of you he really can't do any harm. Just yell for Betty Lou and she will get him to let go.

• Like 1

Ha! Gamewatcher63, that is good. I agree with you. Even though Shallowater beat Brock last year, to assume that Brock will beat Shallowater is a big assumption. If I remember right, Brock had a chance to win it late in the game last year. Brock has scored an unbelievable amount of points this year and given up very few. I would expect Brock to beat Shally this year, however, that running back of Shally's is pretty doggone good.

That will be a great game.

Tough tough game this week for Mineola. We will need to hang on to the ball with Zero turnovers. Better yet, the team that wins the turnover margin wins this game. Mineola is very athletic in all positions, whereas Sunny has 5 or 6 athletes that are over the top athletic.

Sunnyvale Raiders (12-1) vs. Mineola Yellowjackets (13-0)

State Quarterfinals

2:00 p.m. Saturday, December 5, 2015

Royse City ISD Stadium

Royse City, Texas

Weather Forecast....Sunny with Temperature of 58 degrees at kickoff

Winds SSE at 7 mph with gusts of 12 mph

Humidity 52%

Cloud cover 10%

(Home Team-Sunnyvale---- Visitors- Mineola)

Go Yellowjackets and Go Raiders!!

Enjoy the game and remember the experience!!