Reg. II 3AD1 final Mineola vs Sunnyvale

gamewatcher63

Reg. 2 final  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Mineola vs Sunnyvale

I know this was 2nd game of the year, but I still can't understand how Eustace beat Sunnyvale?!?!....I'll take Mineola.

Mini vs Brock next week will be fun!

Seems every yr most good teams have that one game that's a head scratcher

Is all parking on the west side of the stadium?

Sunnyvale Raiders (12-1) vs. Mineola Yellowjackets (13-0)

State Quarterfinals

2:00 p.m. Saturday, December 5, 2015

Royse City ISD Stadium

Royse City, Texas

Weather Forecast....Sunny with Temperature of 58 degrees at kickoff

Winds SSE at 7 mph with gusts of 12 mph

Humidity 52%

Cloud cover 10%

(Home Team-Sunnyvale---- Visitors- Mineola)

Go Yellowjackets and Go Raiders!!

Enjoy the game and remember the experience!!

First off, Mineola's run last year was with 2 pretty easy wins in rounds 1&2 and then a thriller against Pilot Point when they scored with just over a minute left to go ahead 35-27. Then they played Pottsboro in the Reg. finals 1 year ago this week. They played the worst first half all year long and were down 7-0 at half. They came back and scored 14 in the second half and survived a furious rally at the end and intercepted a pass on the last play with no time left.

So this post season the first round game was easy but the second game was tough against a determined Whitesboro team that led the Jackets at halftime 15-13. Mineola came out in the second half and did what had to be done to win 21-15. Last week against Callisburg it seemed more like a 2nd round game, the Jackets were going to win as long as they played to their potential, and they did. All of this is to say the Jackets have had to work hard to win some close games last year and this year in the posteason and they have done what ever it takes to win and have never quit.

Here is my take on this week. This will be a game where the Jacket D will have to adjust back to covering a pass heavy Off. which is the opposite of the last two weeks. They have done well before against this type of Off. but this Sunnyvale team plays it better than anyone they have played this season. The key will be if the D-line can get pressure off the edges and up the middle to disrupt the Sunny QB's ability to throw comfortably. Sacks would be preferable, it's hard to throw from laying on your back. The DB's and LB's for the Jackets MUST have every eligible receiver covered on every play and not give up easy pass plays. The second TD Sunny had against White Oak was a blown coverage, the Jackets can't have that.

When Mineola has the ball the only question is can Sunny's D stop the two-headed monster? Sunnyvale's only loss was to a run heavy team in Eustace, guess where the Bulldogs HC was an assistant before going to Eustace?Anyone.....Bueller......Anyone? If you guessed Mineola pat yourself on the back.

So here are some stats, Sunny PF average 47 a game. Sunny PA average 24 a game. Mineola PF 40 a game. Mineola PA 12 a game. I will say Mineola 35 Sunnyvale 24. Book it!! ;)

• Like 1

Doubt anyone from Mineola is your "son". I have to admit that when someone calls me that I take it as a condescending remark, just like when someone says 'you people'.

I am sure Sunnvale has fixed the run defense problem as they have won 11 games in a row. Congrats. It will be an interesting game. Anyone that knows anything about football knows that you cannot look at the September games to determine how good a team is that is playing in December.

I can't wait until 2 p.m. tomorrow.....

Go Jackets!

• Like 1

Trust me I'm old enough to be your grandfather. Especially being from East Texas. Just remember not to make any excuses after the game if Sunny loses, you wont see me make any if the Jackets lose. The team that plays the best always wins. Good luck.http://etsn.fm/mineola-faces-sunnyvale-with-class-3a-division-i-state-semifinals-berth-on-the-line/

P.S. Remember the easy games are over, now is when the games get hard and losing really hurts. Just ask Pottsboro's fans. :P

• Like 1

Surprised to see Sunnyvale have this much success this fast. Are they projected to move up to 4a, in the next realignment. They were always part of Mesquite ISD.

Sunny turned in 456 this time, so they stay down for now. They will be 4AD2 in two years with all of the growth in the Metromess. Remember Melissa? Go check out their record now.

Sunny turned in 456 this time, so they stay down for now. They will be 4AD2 in two years with all of the growth in the Metromess. Remember Melissa? Go check out their record now.

You can't compare the two. Melissa had a run of basketball and football for really only 2 years. Before that they were average at everything. Sunnyvale has had ridiculous success in ALL sports since its inception. The girl's basketball team won state last year, the baseball team won state the year before and now this football run which shows football is catching up. And this is only our 5th ever graduating class. 10 district titles last year alone. Baseball, boys basketball, and softball have made the playoffs every year of their existence and girl's basketball and volleyball have only missed once. This will be a successful program for a long time to come.

You can't compare the two. Melissa had a run of basketball and football for really only 2 years. Before that they were average at everything. Sunnyvale has had ridiculous success in ALL sports since its inception. The girl's basketball team won state last year, the baseball team won state the year before and now this football run which shows football is catching up. And this is only our 5th ever graduating class. 10 district titles last year alone. Baseball, boys basketball, and softball have made the playoffs every year of their existence and girl's basketball and volleyball have only missed once. This will be a successful program for a long time to come.

I'm just trying to break it to you gently. Once ya'll hit 4A I only see one place for you to land and in football it would be Reg. 1 Dist. 4.

That would be Dallas Madison,Dallas Lincoln,Dallas Roosevelt,Ferris,Godley,and Venus. I'm sure the UIL will move one of the Western teams(Godley) somewhere else. Ya'll will probably make the play-offs and win a couple games some years. In the other sports I see Reg. 2 Dist. 11. I've got to take my UIL cap off now, it hurts my head real bad.

P.S. With the way your land locked between 80 and the lake I don't see growth pushing ya'll to Div. 1 as quick. Depends on if a lot of apartment building start popping up around those 1 acre lots.

First off, if you can tell me what district Sunnyvale will be in in 2018, you are a smarter man than most. I'm sure Melissa never thought they'd be in the same district as Gilmer. I agree that the DISD schools are where we logically should go but with the UIL, you never know. And do you think that district would really be an upgrade? We beat 2 of the playoff teams this season with 3A numbers. And Madison will probably be in our 3A district next season. As far as the other sports go, we will be fine wherever we are put. There aren't many baseball programs around as consistently good as we are. Will have a great shot at getting back to state this year again. Girl's basketball has been beating 5A and 6A school already this year with only 2 returners from last years team. If you want to compare us with a school that is more like our student and economic base, then that would be Argyle. How has moving up worked out for them? They are much better in 4A than 3A (formerly 2A). We have been much more successful in this class than they were already.

You are correct about the P.S. I don't know if we will ever be 4A D-1. Most likely hang around as a large D-2. The City of Sunnyvale will fight anymore apartments coming in.

First off, if you can tell me what district Sunnyvale will be in in 2018, you are a smarter man than most. I'm sure Melissa never thought they'd be in the same district as Gilmer. I agree that the DISD schools are where we logically should go but with the UIL, you never know. And do you think that district would really be an upgrade? We beat 2 of the playoff teams this season with 3A numbers. And Madison will probably be in our 3A district next season. As far as the other sports go, we will be fine wherever we are put. There aren't many baseball programs around as consistently good as we are. Will have a great shot at getting back to state this year again. Girl's basketball has been beating 5A and 6A school already this year with only 2 returners from last years team. If you want to compare us with a school that is more like our student and economic base, then that would be Argyle. How has moving up worked out for them? They are much better in 4A than 3A (formerly 2A). We have been much more successful in this class than they were already.

You are correct about the P.S. I don't know if we will ever be 4A D-1. Most likely hang around as a large D-2. The City of Sunnyvale will fight anymore apartments coming in.

That's why I had to take off my UIL cap because it's hurts my head to think the way they do. The cap drops my IQ about 30 points as soon as it's on my noggin. :blink: I'm sure ya'll will be fine.

• Like 1