Lovelady vs. Shelbyville, Friday @Nacogdoches HS, 7:00 pm

topher805

Quarter Finals  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Who Advances?

• 13-0 Lovelady Lions
    • 12-0 Shelbyville Dragons

#55 for Lovelady played a great game. Tough on defense.

The face mask call was horrendous. That was a great run by our QB, great effort and that call takes points off the board. Official was in good position, just completely blew the call.

We have been missing this kid. Ankle, 2nd play of the game in round 1. Tried a few plays last week but couldn't go. Still not 100% but getting there. Hopefully no setbacks this week.

Lovelady is a really well coached team and had an excellent defensive game plan. Good luck to them the rest of the season. These refs should never have been allowed to call a game in the fourth round of the playoffs. They are very inconsistent. Now on to the Shelbyville fans that left early and the ones that didn't applaud these guys at the end of this game. You should be ashamed and never come back to a Shelbyville sporting event. This is by far the best team we've ever had. These guys poured everything they had into this season and you left them early. If you would have been in that locker room after the game like a lot of us that care you would have seen what it meant to them. Shame on you.

Sorry for the boys but great season. I was at a Shelbyville game in Bullard and was appalled by things being yelled out of the crowd. Cheering injuries and just being mean when you consider these are teen boys. I'm glad to see they don't represent all Shelbyville fans and would venture to guess these are the same ones not sticking around to applaud these young men, However it was a very large percentage of people doing those things. We left in disbelief. Think you're on the right track telling them not to come back. That sort of thing really shows a lack of sportsmanship by the fans and affects the respect given to the boys that work so hard to earn it. Again GREAT season and those boys should hold their heads high. Congrats to Lovelady on the win and go bring it home!

Sorry for the boys but great season. I was at a Shelbyville game in Bullard and was appalled by things being yelled out of the crowd. Cheering injuries and just being mean when you consider these are teen boys. I'm glad to see they don't represent all Shelbyville fans and would venture to guess these are the same ones not sticking around to applaud these young men, However it was a very large percentage of people doing those things. We left in disbelief. Think you're on the right track telling them not to come back. That sort of thing really shows a lack of sportsmanship by the fans and affects the respect given to the boys that work so hard to earn it. Again GREAT season and those boys should hold their heads high. Congrats to Lovelady on the win and go bring it home!

Lol you should have been at the Shelbyville Joaquin game this year which is a heated rivalry to say the least . You should try to come next year . It'll be fun

Still butt hurt about the "Little Sandies"?

It shows that you are still sour because Shelbyville best S.A. From listening to the game and neutral FB fans, the penalty on the QB that took away a touchdown with 2 minutes left in the game was obviously a terrible call. Any team would hate to lose a game that way. Congrats Dragons on a great season!

It shows that you are still sour because Shelbyville best S.A. From listening to the game and neutral FB fans, the penalty on the QB that took away a touchdown with 2 minutes left in the game was obviously a terrible call. Any team would hate to lose a game that way. Congrats Dragons on a great season!

reply meant for San Augustine post.

The facemask call is tough call but you cant pull it no matter what. You can stiff arm it but once you close your fingers even a little that is a facemask. Have to call it. It not safe on the player who's helmet is being pulled. Great game. Wish more games were like this. A throw back game.

The facemask call is tough call but you cant pull it no matter what. You can stiff arm it but once you close your fingers even a little that is a facemask. Have to call it. It not safe on the player who's helmet is being pulled. Great game. Wish more games were like this. A throw back game.

It was a straight stiff arm. Completely legal play and it was a great run.

Not at all...been cheering for the Dragons since they played us!

Official Numbers were:

Lovelady

182 Total Yards of Offense (177 rushing and 5 passing)

#1 Williams had 19 carries for 200 even (plays when penalties are enforced to not count)

Shelbyville

262 Total Yards

Best of luck to everyone still playing

Where do you get official numbers? I'm always looking because its time consuming going thru every play counting yards.

Official Numbers were:

Lovelady

182 Total Yards of Offense (177 rushing and 5 passing)

#1 Williams had 19 carries for 200 even (plays when penalties are enforced to not count)

Shelbyville

262 Total Yards

Best of luck to everyone still playing

I'm not doubting you saw these official numbers. And it really doesnt matter except for the fact that i went thru the film twice and i am very aware that plays called back because of penalties do not count. One of my faults is I am a freak about detail and analyzing things. Now you are making me 2nd guess that I counted a play that was a penalty. Back to the film room.(ipad) lol

• 2 weeks later...

Burrell was about 60%.. Straight ahead maybe 75%, but he was playing with a strained ACHILLES! Those are serious, and take more time to heal than a month... He couldn't cut at all which is where he breaks his big runs. In this particular game he broke a few times, but needed the one last cut to go the distance, but it just wasn't there. And that is a fact. He will play D1 ball this coming fall.

He is also a major, major cog in our defense. LL ran at him a lot, and he had to sit on is heels and take blocks, because of his inability to explode.. At 100% you can add about 3 scores to Shelbyville ,and take one away from LL. About 35 to 7 would be about right.

Remember, we scrimmaged Newton, and dominated them! In one of the series of 20 they didn't cross midfield, and Burrell was a man amongst boys..

On top of all of this the facemask that took points of the board was more than horrible! He never grabbed the mask. Film don't lie. Check for yourself.

LL is good though. They had a better defense than I expected, but if #32 is healthy Shelbyville is the best 2a team in the state.. You can't run or pass on this team with a healthy Burrell.. Maybe pass a little, but you can't pass with the quarterback on his back, and this is exactly what happened to LL. Their rushing yards were up a lot as well due to the blatant non holding calls on every long run by #1. The 74 yard TD was clean, but the other long ones weren't.. The ends were blatantly held all night.

Also of note the last incomplete pass in the endzone was a blatant PI. Coach ferguson protested the game, and the investigator determined the facemask was wrong among many other bad calls.. The refs apologized and admitted they blew it! These are facts.

And yes we are upset in Shelbyville. LL did play a great game, but a zebra should never take points off the board with a bad call that changes the outcome of a game.. Granted it would have been 13-14, but Burrell was about 75% straight ahead, and it would have hard to stop him from 2 yards out on the winning conversion.

Burrell was about 60%.. Straight ahead maybe 75%, but he was playing with a strained ACHILLES! Those are serious, and take more time to heal than a month... He couldn't cut at all which is where he breaks his big runs. In this particular game he broke a few times, but needed the one last cut to go the distance, but it just wasn't there. And that is a fact. He will play D1 ball this coming fall.

He is also a major, major cog in our defense. LL ran at him a lot, and he had to sit on is heels and take blocks, because of his inability to explode.. At 100% you can add about 3 scores to Shelbyville ,and take one away from LL. About 35 to 7 would be about right.

Remember, we scrimmaged Newton, and dominated them! In one of the series of 20 they didn't cross midfield, and Burrell was a man amongst boys..

On top of all of this the facemask that took points of the board was more than horrible! He never grabbed the mask. Film don't lie. Check for yourself.

LL is good though. They had a better defense than I expected, but if #32 is healthy Shelbyville is the best 2a team in the state.. You can't run or pass on this team with a healthy Burrell.. Maybe pass a little, but you can't pass with the quarterback on his back, and this is exactly what happened to LL. Their rushing yards were up a lot as well due to the blatant non holding calls on every long run by #1. The 74 yard TD was clean, but the other long ones weren't.. The ends were blatantly held all night.

Also of note the last incomplete pass in the endzone was a blatant PI. Coach ferguson protested the game, and the investigator determined the facemask was wrong among many other bad calls.. The refs apologized and admitted they blew it! These are facts.

And yes we are upset in Shelbyville. LL did play a great game, but a zebra should never take points off the board with a bad call that changes the outcome of a game.. Granted it would have been 13-14, but Burrell was about 75% straight ahead, and it would have hard to stop him from 2 yards out on the winning conversion.

I don't think Sville is better than Canadian no matter how healthy. No disrespect. I don't think I am alone in that opinion.

I don't think Sville is better than Canadian no matter how healthy. No disrespect. I don't think I am alone in that opinion.

But they won the best district in the state bro.