5A Division I State Quarterfinal: Longview (11-2) vs Mansfield Lake Ridge (13-0)

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (11-2) vs Mansfield Lake Ridge (13-0)  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Mansfield Lake Ridge in a close one
    • Mansfield Lake Ridge in a blow out

And those 33 are just as impressive as any number on that list with all of the runners we have on this team.

Yep. Those other guys didn't have to compete for the carries as Tylan has had to do. McCray maybe more so cause we definitely had more runners than just him (as opposed to Talley being pretty much the lone back).

Earnest Hunter always impressed me looking back over everything (obviously was too young to see him), just because he did all of that playing just four playoff games total.

I hate to be the one to point this out but they only beat us by 2 last year. We are a far better team than we were at this point last year and they have given up 40 and 50 points their last 2 games. We have given up 44 points in the last 3 games.

I say we make them beat us in the air and when Duffey runs we spear the tar out of him.

Longview must control the clock. It's the only chance we have to win this game. Unfortunately throughout the years, that has been King's most obvious weakness. IMO, he needs to be the second coming of Doug Cox, if even for just this game, to have a chance. My prediction.....King's been studying 1980's Lobo film reels. Lobos 35 Lake Ridge 31.

....Earnest Hunter always impressed me looking back over everything (obviously was too young to see him), just because he did all of that playing just four playoff games total.

He was certainly fun to watch....unless you were an opposing defense. Then it just hurt.

• Like 1

I hate to be the one to point this out but they only beat us by 2 last year. We are a far better team than we were at this point last year and they have given up 40 and 50 points their last 2 games. We have given up 44 points in the last 3 games.

I say we make them beat us in the air and when Duffey runs we spear the tar out of him.

No one wants to talk about last year but they have 19 of 22 same players. I think we have a much improved defense and we are healthy unlike last year.

At this point in the season, all these teams are capable of beating the next team..I think we match up favorably against LR. I like our athletes against ANY team still playing..The normal keeping mistakes to a minimum and playing with their heads up goes without saying.. I favor shortening the game against these guys but like someone already said, you can't get behind early. Two things I took away from last night.. First, I think we made some great defensive adjustments once we figured out what we could do..second, I did see us in the 4th, milking the clock before snaps..(something we could have used against Guyer a few years ago).. We need to play Lobo Football and we will triumph!!

second, I did see us in the 4th, milking the clock before snaps..(something we could have used against Guyer a few years ago).. We need to play Lobo Football and we will triumph!!

I do want to give credit to King for this and for during the Summit game, because Ross definitely snapped it with 8-9-10 seconds left against the Jags before King started screaming at him to watch the clock. After that, it was with one second to go. And of course yesterday...we milked the clock very well.

#### it took going though that awful awful awful awful memory of Guyer to have to teach these things but glad to see they somewhat learned from it (so far)

At this point in the season, all these teams are capable of beating the next team..I think we match up favorably against LR. I like our athletes against ANY team still playing..The normal keeping mistakes to a minimum and playing with their heads up goes without saying.. I favor shortening the game against these guys but like someone already said, you can't get behind early. Two things I took away from last night.. First, I think we made some great defensive adjustments once we figured out what we could do..second, I did see us in the 4th, milking the clock before snaps..(something we could have used against Guyer a few years ago).. We need to play Lobo Football and we will triumph!!

What you said & especially this,

"We need to play Lobo Football and we will triumph!!"

Our guys need to understand that! They need to play THEIR game! Not let all the hype go to their head and take them out of the real focus.

this will be a good game, we are looking forward to it

MP tried to stack the box on LR, they wouldn't let Duke get loose and spied Jett.

He ended up 25-40 (atleast 8 wide open drops) 453 yards and 4 TDs, also 151 rushing and 2TDs.

and the stupid onsides kicking drives us all crazy here, Thor does this when hes scared to kick it deep, MP #26 burned us and a long return and Thor went right to onside kicks, it has nothing to do with running up the score etc. its just him MO, he did it all last year as well.

and as for our Defense giving up 40 last night, true, but 14 was on blocked punts, so we gave up 26 on defense. and we shut them out their last 6 drives. our defense all year has gotten big stops when it counts

and yes, we only graduated 9 players last year, so we returned 59 from that team, including 19 starters.

I also think being indoors works in our favor

and Lobos crying no body giving them a chance, look at voting

o yea, you are worried about us giving up 90+ points in playoffs, you need to worry about the 209 we have scored in 3 games

lol crying. We're the clear underdogs. Has nothing to do with "crying." More so it just gives us something extra to prove.

This is an East Texas forum, of course people are going to vote for us more.

o yea, you are worried about us giving up 90+ points in playoffs, you need to worry about the 209 we have scored in 3 games

Who was crying? We are the underdog AND it is not the first time, nor will it be the last. You know, nevermind, you are just itching for a fight. I will let my team do the talking on Saturday! Win or lose, ALWAYS LOBOS!

Listen, I'm worn-out from staying for all those games. But looking at LR I didn't see the powerhouse everybody scared of. What I saw in simple terms was a team that spends alot of time wearing down your defense by keeping you spread out all over the field. Poteet QB in the 1st half over threw his receivers 75% of the time and his offense gave him plenty of time. If LR defense play like they did the 1st half against Poteet I can easily see LGV up by 21. I know you guys won't agree but that's what I saw and the proof is in the pudding because Poteet hung around the entire 1st half even with those mistakes on special teams and an average QB. Now if LGV wear out their defense early its game over. The 2nd half they changed up and was able to exploit the air-raid Poteet was on their heels.

If our secondary learn to stay in their lanes with pressure on the QB this game could get ugly quick for LR. Poteet allowed the QB too much time in the pocket and he picked them apart. It's hard to pick apart a defense who's constantly in-yo-face. LGV just need to BEAT LR UP PERIOD with physicality and change the momentum of the game... We can do this---

• Like 1

and I was at every game Saturday and I wasn't impressed with LV

no speed on defense, and you guys wont be the biggest kids on the field

yall struggled with Summit and we are bigger, faster and deeper then summit

all im saying is don't judge on 1 game, yall act like poteet was scrubs, last 4 years they have won 75% of their games and been 4 rounds deep a couple of times

we have seen your size all year

I could be wrong, but your defense reminds me of summits defense

I think lv will try same approach mp did, take away middle runs, don't over commit and spy Jett, and he will pick your secondary apart.

now we are very weak in special teams, has hurt us all year, if you take advantage there it could swing a close game