5A Division I State Quarterfinal: Longview (11-2) vs Mansfield Lake Ridge (13-0)

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (11-2) vs Mansfield Lake Ridge (13-0)  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Mansfield Lake Ridge in a close one
    • Mansfield Lake Ridge in a blow out

He wants to talk defense? Let's compare common opponents. We have seen better teams and beat them already this year. Namely, Pine Tree, Hallsville, Mount Pleasant, and Greenville.

PT was pretty dang salty!!!

• Like 1

Listen, I'm worn-out from staying for all those games. But looking at LR I didn't see the powerhouse everybody scared of. What I saw in simple terms was a team that spends alot of time wearing down your defense by keeping you spread out all over the field. Poteet QB in the 1st half over threw his receivers 75% of the time and his offense gave him plenty of time. If LR defense play like they did the 1st half against Poteet I can easily see LGV up by 21. I know you guys won't agree but that's what I saw and the proof is in the pudding because Poteet hung around the entire 1st half even with those mistakes on special teams and an average QB. Now if LGV wear out their defense early its game over. The 2nd half they changed up and was able to exploit the air-raid Poteet was on their heels.

If our secondary learn to stay in their lanes with pressure on the QB this game could get ugly quick for LR. Poteet allowed the QB too much time in the pocket and he picked them apart. It's hard to pick apart a defense who's constantly in-yo-face. LGV just need to BEAT LR UP PERIOD with physicality and change the momentum of the game... We can do this---

Listen, I'm worn-out from staying for all those games. But looking at LR I didn't see the powerhouse everybody scared of. What I saw in simple terms was a team that spends alot of time wearing down your defense by keeping you spread out all over the field. Poteet QB in the 1st half over threw his receivers 75% of the time and his offense gave him plenty of time. If LR defense play like they did the 1st half against Poteet I can easily see LGV up by 21. I know you guys won't agree but that's what I saw and the proof is in the pudding because Poteet hung around the entire 1st half even with those mistakes on special teams and an average QB. Now if LGV wear out their defense early its game over. The 2nd half they changed up and was able to exploit the air-raid Poteet was on their heels.

If our secondary learn to stay in their lanes with pressure on the QB this game could get ugly quick for LR. Poteet allowed the QB too much time in the pocket and he picked them apart. It's hard to pick apart a defense who's constantly in-yo-face. LGV just need to BEAT LR UP PERIOD with physicality and change the momentum of the game... We can do this---

dont see the offensive power house? are you just trying to make your self feel better about this game? LR has the highest scoring team in Texas now, 775 offensive yards this weekend and 707 points in 13 games I believe I saw earlier! I'm not saying this doesn't have to potential to be a close game but denying that our O is the real deal not only makes you look like you haven't been paying attention, it discredits any valid point you may have made, just saying. Summits defense held u to 21 points but we scored at will against them and put up 55 easy with starters out in the fourth.

dont see the offensive power house? are you just trying to make your self feel better about this game? LR has the highest scoring team in Texas now, 775 offensive yards this weekend and 707 points in 13 games I believe I saw earlier! I'm not saying this doesn't have to potential to be a close game but denying that our O is the real deal not only makes you look like you haven't been paying attention, it discredits any valid point you may have made, just saying. Summits defense held u to 21 points but we scored at will against them and put up 55 easy with starters out in the fourth.

sound like you begging for some love for LR...

Summits defense held u to 21 points but we scored at will against them and put up 55 easy with starters out in the fourth.

I will tell you what I told Lunatik. LR put up 55 on Summit because of how fast paced the offense is, Longview put up 21 points on Summit because our offense shortens the game and controls the clock.

You are comparing apples to oranges with that statement.

nope, just a little well deserved respect. but all season the team has had a motto for the haters and guess some people have to learn the hard way #shouldhavestayedsilent

Welcome to Longview's world where everybody knows who we are and we still get disrespected year in and year out.

MOST of us realize this is one of the best offenses in the state....we know what we are up against. We should not win this game but we believe because we know what our guys can do even against a team like this. we have been underdogs just like this and won before.

put up 55 easy with starters out in the fourth.

SMH! In this year's playoffs,I haven't seen a DFW team pull their starters YET,regardless of the score. So don't even try that one!

I will not even attempt to speak for the rest of my Lobo brethren, but I can say that NO ONE that really follows Lobo ball would even try to deny that LR doesn't deserve respect. We have all given LR their due. What will NOT happen is the Lobos laying down and/or going down without a fight. So, if you are expecting a passive team OR fanbase, you have come to the wrong place! WE ARE READY, AND WE BELIEVE!

#LOBOPROUD #BEATLAKERIDGE #ALWAYSLOBOS

GO LOBOS!

P.S. I am just enjoying the journey, @jbabi. 😄

Guest Delete1

My question is how does Lake Ridge respond to adversity. They havent been in a close game this year and when things get tough how do they play?

SMH! In this year's playoffs,I haven't seen a DFW team pull their starters YET,regardless of the score. So don't even try that one!

I will not even attempt to speak for the rest of my Lobo brethren, but I can say that NO ONE that really follows Lobo ball would even try to deny that LR doesn't deserve respect. We have all given LR their due. What will NOT happen is the Lobos laying down and/or going down without a fight. So, if you are expecting a passive team OR fanbase, you have come to the wrong place! WE ARE READY, AND WE BELIEVE!

#LOBOPROUD #BEATLAKERIDGE #ALWAYSLOBOS

GO LOBOS!

P.S. I am just enjoying the journey, @jbabi. 😄

When we played Summit it wasn't a playoff game and yes all offensive key players out about a minute into the fourth. Regular district play. I was only addressing the fact that the poster implied our Offense was average. I even said I could see this being a close game. maybe if you read the post completely with out going to the knee jerk "We Are Lobos therefor we are superior" reaction most of the LV posters go to, you could contribute to a real discussion about the game. I've never disrespected any team on this forum or implied anyone would lay down. All the teams are talented at this point. Like I said in a previous thread, no turkeys after turkey day!!

Guest Delete1

The Poteet game was close at times for them.

Yeah but that was middle of the 3rd. What about the 4th quarter when the season is on the line.

lobofan84

we have pulled our starters in every game of the playoffs this year, apparently you haven't seen everygame every, so don't say what you don't know

(yes against poteet they didn't get pulled until last drive, but they did get pulled)

When we played Summit it wasn't a playoff game and yes all offensive key players out about a minute into the fourth. Regular district play. I was only addressing the fact that the poster implied our Offense was average. I even said I could see this being a close game. maybe if you read the post completely with out going to the knee jerk "We Are Lobos therefor we are superior" reaction most of the LV posters go to, you could contribute to a real discussion about the game. I've never disrespected any team on this forum or implied anyone would lay down. All the teams are talented at this point. Like I said in a previous thread, no turkeys after turkey day!!

You deserved the knee when you demanded respect. And there isn't any football to discuss. Y'all have said everything we needed to hear......"we are slow, small and inferior". So what you get, is defensive fans. (Which are not slow, small or inferior! )

GO Lobos!

cant answer adversity question until we are in that situation, I have trust in the senior leadership (Jett etc) they can handle it

I promise we have as much experience as any team left (except Aledo)

Question: has LV had and adversity games this year? cant tell on paper

and for the record, I never said LV was smaller, slower or inferior, since someone keeps quoting that

I said you wont be the biggest on the field as you normally are, we match your size across the field. and we are just as fast

I did say I thought your def was slow, what I ment, was it wasn't as fast as I expected