5A Division I State Quarterfinal: Longview (11-2) vs Mansfield Lake Ridge (13-0)

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (11-2) vs Mansfield Lake Ridge (13-0)  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Mansfield Lake Ridge in a close one
    • Mansfield Lake Ridge in a blow out

maybe you need a pill for dementia to go with your blood pressure pills because all I have ever posted about were stats and comparing teams. What made you mad apparently, was me giving supportive facts to a posters implication that our offense was average. Never even said they were superior to yours even, just that they weren't average. geez!

No, it was the condescending tone of your words.

You are more than welcome to come visit our little town anytime you are available. I would even put up all sharp objects and we can sit by the firepit and tell ghost stories. (Since I am regressing from the dementia)

You are more than welcome to come visit our little town anytime you are available. I would even put up all sharp objects and we can sit by the firepit and tell ghost stories. (Since I am regressing from the dementia)

Im in

Can I come?

I miss when we used to play Allen. Even the old Lake Travis poster had more class than these guys. These people don't want a conversation they want to rub our nose in the fact they have a good team. I have no respect for them and will show no respect for them. I personally hope our head hunting defense shows up again on Saturday and silences these people.

lol they are young.. the fans aren't used to the feeling of being good. The only way they know how to act is to rub it in and show off all the toys they have. But as someone said earlier in a few years when lake ridge is none existent.. we will probably be district champs and making another run lol

lol they are young.. the fans aren't used to the feeling of being good. The only way they know how to act is to rub it in and show off all the toys they have. But as someone said earlier in a few years when lake ridge is none existent.. we will probably be district champs and making another run lol

Pretty indepth scouting report of our sub varsity program, please go on, i could listen to you for hours

Too bad, guess I will need to listen to the Lobo broadcast again, with 10 people in the booth talking at the same time. Not that bad though. :)

they are pretty entertaining. especially when you hear longview coaches cussing at something in the background lol

You sure the dementia doesn't scare you, just a little?

hey, I'm a nurse. that was sound medical advice...for free! Jk!! and btw I love LV! Like I said I was born in Paris TX. I remember going there to eat with my great Aunt and tha fam at Johnny Cace's when I was a little girl! Still some of the best fried catfish I ever had!

hey, I'm a nurse. that was sound medical advice...for free! Jk!! and btw I love LV! Like I said I was born in Paris TX. I remember going there to eat with my great Aunt and tha fam at Johnny Cace's when I was a little girl! Still some of the best fried catfish I ever had!

too bad Johnny Cace's isn't open any more... it was a sad time in LV

It closed this year. 😏

@lunatik

Not going to try to find it but u asked what history had to do with this game...or something like that. I wanted to answer that.

I have been to a lot of lobo games and I see the same thousands at every one. Same faces every year. Some I know, many I don't. My grandpa played for Longview many many years ago. He has passed on but he bled green and I see his old buddies who have been going to games their whole lives still going to every game! They would go if the game was in Alaska. I was raised going to games and got hooked while following the teams in my high school years. History matters because we all attend the game EXPECTING to win. It's a pride thing and it runs deep through generations in Longview. Just about every year these kids go undefeated in sub varsity play. Now we usually take a couple losses at varsity level but lobo pride runs in these kids veins and they expect to win. Funny thing is many times the kids on the other side of the ball are bigger, faster, and even better coached just like we will see this week. But many times a group of nobodies goes out and wins! We may still lose this game but that is why history matters!

@lunatik

Not going to try to find it but u asked what history had to do with this game...or something like that. I wanted to answer that.

I have been to a lot of lobo games and I see the same thousands at every one. Same faces every year. Some I know, many I don't. My grandpa played for Longview many many years ago. He has passed on but he bled green and I see his old buddies who have been going to games their whole lives still going to every game! They would go if the game was in Alaska. I was raised going to games and got hooked while following the teams in my high school years. History matters because we all attend the game EXPECTING to win. It's a pride thing and it runs deep through generations in Longview. Just about every year these kids go undefeated in sub varsity play. Now we usually take a couple losses at varsity level but lobo pride runs in these kids veins and they expect to win. Funny thing is many times the kids on the other side of the ball are bigger, faster, and even better coached just like we will see this week. But many times a group of nobodies goes out and wins! We may still lose this game but that is why history matters!

All joking aside, i really like this story, this is completely awesome. I am a family man and this hits home. My alma mater has a very deep history as well, so i totally understand where you are coming from and i know what it means, now my sons school, LR, for obvious reasons does not have a history. But they are trying to build one, and like us or hate us they are off to a great start

Now with that being said, histroy and tradition is a great tool for family and coaches to use to make kids focus, work hard, it is a great for off season workouts etc, but honestly what has happened 10,15 or 20 years ago does not help these current 16/17/18 yr olds play better, trust me the LR kids want it just as much as the LV kids do.

Histroy and tradition is great monday thru Thursday. But fridays (Saturdays ) are in the hands of teenagers and we all know how are....

I hope you dont take this as any disrespect its not ment that way

All joking aside, i really like this story, this is completely awesome. I am a family man and this hits home. My alma mater has a very deep history as well, so i totally understand where you are coming from and i know what it means, now my sons school, LR, for obvious reasons does not have a history. But they are trying to build one, and like us or hate us they are off to a great start

Now with that being said, histroy and tradition is a great tool for family and coaches to use to make kids focus, work hard, it is a great for off season workouts etc, but honestly what has happened 10,15 or 20 years ago does not help these current 16/17/18 yr olds play better, trust me the LR kids want it just as much as the LV kids do.

Histroy and tradition is great monday thru Thursday. But fridays (Saturdays ) are in the hands of teenagers and we all know how are....

I hope you dont take this as any disrespect its not ment that way

None taken....and ur right sometimes ur

Just outmatched and no amount of history or

Tradition matters....we have been

There. I hope that is not the case this week. I expect a good hard fought game on both sides.

@lunatik

this is awesome and your community is very blessed to have that rich history and I truely envy that. the metroplex grows so fast that district zones and lines are constantly changing. My old neighbor built her home 10 yrs ago and has three kids that all graduated from 3 different HS's even though they lived in the same house for that entire time. 2 of my 3 will have graduated (god willing,lol) from Lake Ridge. so I do see it as a huge accomplishment for our boys too! our first couple of years we had open enrollment so different kids that all went to all different jr highs and different pee wee programs were strung together. No homegrown program bringing kids up playing together. they had to learn to work together and trust each other and work really hard to overcome numerous obstacles to get where they are. they have just as much heart and desire as your boys. one of the sweetest things I saw last Saturday was on twitter. one of our WR put out on twitter he remembered being a sophomore, going to ATT stadium for playoff games with Jett and jack (our QB and OLB) and them thinking, just imagine if we work for it, that could be us one day. And that's exactly what they have done. even if they win (not saying the will) and no other team from LR ever does it again, how does that diminish anything they achieved?

not to be a debbie downer but I did want to share that one of LR football players who graduated last year and his brother plays on varsity this year, passed away tragically and suddenly this summer. So just know they are playing with what they feel is a real purpose. I know all teams have adversity and struggles but that is one of theirs you may not have known about. So please don't question their heart or desire to win, just as I will not question that the pride in their history effects yours. #ETTE

not to be a debbie downer but I did want to share that one of LR football players who graduated last year and his brother plays on varsity this year, passed away tragically and suddenly this summer. So just know they are playing with what they feel is a real purpose. I know all teams have adversity and struggles but that is one of theirs you may not have known about. So please don't question their heart or desire to win, just as I will not question that the pride in their history effects yours. #ETTE

Always hate to hear about things like this.