5A Division I State Quarterfinal: Longview (11-2) vs Mansfield Lake Ridge (13-0)

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (11-2) vs Mansfield Lake Ridge (13-0)  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Mansfield Lake Ridge in a close one
    • Mansfield Lake Ridge in a blow out

hey, I'm a nurse. that was sound medical advice...for free! Jk!! and btw I love LV! Like I said I was born in Paris TX. I remember going there to eat with my great Aunt and tha fam at Johnny Cace's when I was a little girl! Still some of the best fried catfish I ever had!

Well, if you're ever in town again, go ahead and venture about a quarter mile or so down Hwy.80 and you'll see some interesting sites. I recommend the Globe Inn Motel! You won't be disappointed with all the amenities.

Akhbar-Shalah Azarkhari Shareef Al-Mahreela will greet you with some of the finest beige face towels, peculiar looking hand soaps by a company called, 'Pavy'. Not to mention the universal firm mattresses in every room with a slight touch of yellow and brown discolorations that were designed actually by former guests if you'll take the time to peel back the sheets.

REMEMBER: "Five Dollah, Bring Remote Back!" Also, you'll feel safe and comforted as you will notice a rather high traffic of Longview's Police making several rounds all throughout the day for YOUR safety and peace of mind. You just can't beat our honorable law enforcement officials!

Take notice of our world renown entourages walking the Highway 80 'strip' especially during Friday and Saturday nights solely for entertainment purposes all at no charge. While you are here DO NOT FORGET to visit our other hot spots on the weekend. My highest recommendation would be 12th Street (have plenty of gas and a very responsive accelerator). Also, make arrangements for the Broughton Recreation Park on Sundays around 7:30PM till around 10:00PM the party resumes promptly at Mobberly Avenue & Birdsong Street in the Summer months.

Honestly, Longview has the perfect offense to beat Lake Ridge. I don't see Lake Ridge putting up 50 this game, and not so much because of Longview's defense, but because Longview will chew so much clock. Lake Ridge's defense is not that great. I mean, they have given up 91 points in the last 2 games. That's terrible. Along with a combined 950 yards, with 520 of them being rushing yards. I don't see Lake Ridge being able to stop Longview's rushing attack because, quite frankly, they haven't stopped anyone's. This game will come down to turnovers, or maybe even 1 defensive stand by Longview. I'm picking Longview 42-38.

saw this exact post going around the LR defensive players twitters lastnight. Bet that lights a fire under their u know what's!!!!

Real talk, do yall believe that yall are going to just march up and down the field?

I know we arent going to score every possession

Real talk....NO, I don't think any of us think we are going to march up and down on anything. (Except maybe the band 😏) This should be a very hard fought battle on both sides. But, I do like the fact that no one thinks we can pull it out. It does give our boys a little more incentive to have their heads in the game, instead of the big head that happens sometimes during the season.

Make no mistake though, win or lose, we are always proud!

Go Lobos!

Real talk, do yall believe that yall are going to just march up and down the field?

I know we arent going to score every possession

I don't think anyone believes that.....there will be turnovers, punts etc. what we hope for is 3-4 5 minutes drives. No one has even implied that. As has been said Longview is going to have play their best game and have some luck to win this one. I went back and looked at last years game it was interesting to see how that game went. LR got up big then Longview came back. They picked Jett off twice. Hopefully we can repeat that.

http://etsn.fm/mansfield-lake-ridge-ends-longviews-season-in-area-round-with-37-35-win/

Real talk....NO, I don't think any of us think we are going to march up and down on anything. (Except maybe the band 😏) This should be a very hard fought battle on both sides. But, I do like the fact that no one thinks we can pull it out. It does give our boys a little more incentive to have their heads in the game, instead of the big head that happens sometimes during the season.

Make no mistake though, win or lose, we are always proud!

Go Lobos!

Agreed, but when yotr said something similar about twitter, she got lit up with comments of how stupid that is etc,

And dont underestimate rhe roll twitter can play in pumping a team up, now adays thats how the kids trash talk. In our day we didnt have twitter so we had to wait for game day. Im sure everyone of yall got a litttle more motivated during a game if the other team was trash talking

The thing I love most about this game is that it will be in a great stadium with perfect weather, and no outside factors will decide the result of this game. Go Longview! GO BEAST TEXAS!

youre so right! Felt lucky to be indoors with that weather last weekend, nasty stuff! now, if we can just get some fair, good refs and let the boys play ball it will be perfect! Going to be a great game!

Twitter.. Smh.. What a joke. Your players can read any dang social media posts they want to. Won't make longview any less physical, or talented. Get as fired up and ready as you need to be. Longview will be too. Plus some. Without "Twitter"

Wake up, lv kids are on twitter also. And twitter will help our kids as much as your history and tradition will help your kids

youre so right! Felt lucky to be indoors with that weather last weekend, nasty stuff! now, if we can just get some fair, good refs and let the boys play ball it will be perfect! Going to be a great game!

We had the same refs that lv had last week, they were horrible both games

Twitter.. Smh.. What a joke. Your players can read any dang social media posts they want to. Won't make longview any less physical, or talented. Get as fired up and ready as you need to be. Longview will be too. Plus some. Without "Twitter"

r u kidding me? Sheridan and our CB Azunna have been going back and fourth all week on there! plus bryson and others!! plus a twitter post from lobo nation with the words time for revenge and the score from last year. that's the times we live in, they are teenagers being excited. I only mention it now because you implied your players aren't on twitter talking smack!! Get real man!

r u kidding me? Sheridan and our CB Azunna have been going back and fourth all week on there! plus bryson and others!! plus a twitter post from lobo nation with the words time for revenge and the score from last year. that's the times we live in, they are teenagers being excited. I only mention it now because you implied your players aren't on twitter talking smack!! Get real man!

How's the education there? Because lake ridge people keep callin longview "our boys" to lufkin people smh..