5A Division I State Quarterfinal: Longview (11-2) vs Mansfield Lake Ridge (13-0)

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (11-2) vs Mansfield Lake Ridge (13-0)  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Mansfield Lake Ridge in a close one
    • Mansfield Lake Ridge in a blow out

Man it #### to loose to schools that are a one or two year wonder Dekaney and LR. Especially to loose three games this year by a total of 13 points. 4th downs totally won this game by LR. We need taller corners.

Weve bewn open 4 years and been atleast 3 rounds deep 2 of those years. We are 6-1 career in playoffs. We are off to a good start.

I will keep saying this until King proves me wrong if you want district championships go to Longview if you want rings go to Carthage Gilmer or shoot even waskom lol

Hey, don't you DARE talk about My Hero and come on here telling the truth. Our team has no faults or weaknesses that need to be tightened up. There was NOTHING we could do better. They were a far superior team even with them returning just as many starters from last year as we did. I mean, what do you want for Christ sakes!!!??? Can't you see that we have lost to the same team twice by a combined total of FIVE POINTS! They are head and shoulders better than we are and we just have to have the mentality and attitude from here on out to concede that teams are better than us.

We are NOT TALENTED at all and you have to understand that our coaches are the ANSWER. I mean, these coaches can go to Pine Tree and Spring Hill and could compete with EVERY school Longview High has played. No doubt about it! Get that in your head. If John King left Longview today, we would fall off the face of the map son! There is no coach better that would even fathom at the idea of coming to such a facility as ours. Get your mind right and quit wanting us to do better. You are NOT a fan and I am sick of you Neanderthals coming on here taking shots at MY head coach and his staff as if there could be some tweaking of some sort.

Any TRUE Lobo fan understands that there wasn't any room for improvement in that game last night. Good God! I mean, the score of the game tells it all. THREE points! Are you serious??? We totally had no shot and the ONLY reason we were that close to Lake Ridge is because of our exceptional secondary coaches. Awesome Job Coaches! We Love You no matter what and these knuckleheads will understand that we actually have NO talent. Never have. And, without your innovative adjustments we wouldn't have won a SINGLE game this year or any other year!

Lunatik...you have been fortunate to have caught 'lightning in a bottle' (Jett Duffey).. Your coaches did a marvelous job of prep, but the tell-tale sign of your team's future greatness will be how they do without a D-1 QB. ..wish you nothing but the best in the future and hope you guys go on to win state this year. You have been a classy poster throughout.

Our soph back up can be just as good, he got alot of valuablr playing time during blow outs.

Im not dumb, i know we were blessed for duke and jett. But the cubbard aint bare. JV went 8-2 and all sophs. And actually played defense (lol). I can see us winning district next year and continuing to develop

Hey, don't you DARE talk about My Hero and come on here telling the truth. Our team has no faults or weaknesses that need to be tightened up. There was NOTHING we could do better. They were a far superior team even with them returning just as many starters from last year as we did. I mean, what do you want for Christ sakes!!!??? Can't you see that we have lost to the same team twice by a combined total of FIVE POINTS! They are head and shoulders better than we are and we just have to have the mentality and attitude from here on out to concede that teams are better than us.

We are NOT TALENTED at all and you have to understand that our coaches are the ANSWER. I mean, these coaches can go to Pine Tree and Spring Hill and could compete with EVERY school Longview High has played. No doubt about it! Get that in your head. If John King left Longview today, we would fall off the face of the map son! There is no coach better that would even fathom at the idea of coming to such a facility as ours. Get your mind right and quit wanting us to do better. You are NOT a fan and I am sick of you Neanderthals coming on here taking shots at MY head coach and his staff as if there could be some tweaking of some sort.

Any TRUE Lobo fan understands that there wasn't any room for improvement in that game last night. Good God! I mean, the score of the game tells it all. THREE points! Are you serious??? We totally had no shot and the ONLY reason we were that close to Lake Ridge is because of our exceptional secondary coaches. Awesome Job Coaches! We Love You no matter what and these knuckleheads will understand that we actually have NO talent. Never have. And, without your innovative adjustments we wouldn't have won a SINGLE game this year or any other year!

Lol

Our soph back up can be just as good, he got alot of valuablr playing time during blow outs.

Im not dumb, i know we were blessed for duke and jett. But the cubbard aint bare. JV went 8-2 and all sophs. And actually played defense (lol). I can see us winning district next year and continuing to develop

I want to say the Lobos had a good season. Watched the game last night and thought to myself that is the best game I have seen Longview play since 2004 when they play us at SFA, you should have won then too.

That LR offense was phenomenal to watch, takes nerves to play that way and I guess LR did that all year. It was something to see. Very tough way to lose this game, gut wrenching to do it in the same manner as last year to the same team. That LR D sold out in the box all night and Longview burned them all night.

Tough way to lose, but you got to play at Jerry's World twice, something Lufkin has never done.

Longview will be fine, some good RBs returning and an undefeated sub varsity group headed up. The running game will stay the same, pound it out and grind them down. King is a good coach, no doubt, so be proud of your guys. They fought hard, remember, there will be only one winner left in the end. More really good teams will fall and feel the same next weekend. Good run, keep your heads up.

anyone know possible new qb for us? know polk probably be staring rb?

Wiley vs Carter for QB spot during Spring I'm sure.

Polk will probably be thought of as '#1' but we'll probably have RB by committee next year.

Not expecting much next year.

Great run LV! I was hoping you guys would pull it out for East Texas but LR is the real deal. LR had to be pretty nervous though. No shame in losing to those guys. Although JT( 2011 2012 2014) and LV (2008 2009 2015) made our respective runs in 4A/5A, both schools will have to elevate their levels of play to even have a shot at a District Title let alone make a playoff run. Not sure what LV returns next year but JT will bring back a handful and a talented JV squad who played extremely well this year. Despite all the bad blood between JT and Lv, great season. See you in 6A

Great run LV! I was hoping you guys would pull it out for East Texas but LR is the real deal. LR had to be pretty nervous though. No shame in losing to those guys. Although JT( 2011 2012 2014) and LV (2008 2009 2015) made our respective runs in 4A/5A, both schools will have to elevate their levels of play to even have a shot at a District Title let alone make a playoff run. Not sure what LV returns next year but JT will bring back a handful and a talented JV squad who played extremely well this year. Despite all the bad blood between JT and Lv, great season. See you in 6A

some good players on the freshman team too.

Not sure what LV returns next year but JT will bring back a handful and a talented JV squad who played extremely well this year.

Longview subvarsity's didn't lose a single game this year.

Our JV beat JT's JV 27-15...and our fish beat JT's 42-16.

We'll reload as usual, same outcome.

Truthfully, Lobos won't be a regional/quaterfinal type of team again until at least 2017, 2018 for sure.