5A Division I State Quarterfinal: Longview (11-2) vs Mansfield Lake Ridge (13-0)

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (11-2) vs Mansfield Lake Ridge (13-0)  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Mansfield Lake Ridge in a close one
    • Mansfield Lake Ridge in a blow out

Longview subvarsity's didn't lose a single game this year.

Our JV beat JT's JV 27-15...and our fish beat JT's 42-16.

We'll reload as usual, same outcome.

Truthfully, Lobos won't be a regional/quaterfinal type of team again until at least 2017, 2018 for sure.

When the playoffs roll around JT, Lee, LV and LP will be the designated warm-up games for the good teams.

Great run LV! I was hoping you guys would pull it out for East Texas but LR is the real deal. LR had to be pretty nervous though. No shame in losing to those guys. Although JT( 2011 2012 2014) and LV (2008 2009 2015) made our respective runs in 4A/5A, both schools will have to elevate their levels of play to even have a shot at a District Title let alone make a playoff run. Not sure what LV returns next year but JT will bring back a handful and a talented JV squad who played extremely well this year. Despite all the bad blood between JT and Lv, great season. See you in 6A

don't forget 2010 too. 4 rounds deep Probably the best defense we had out of all our runs in 4A/5A.

When the playoffs roll around JT, Lee, LV and LP will be the designated warm-up games for the good teams.

I wonder who we would play in preseason. Pretty sure lufkin, but who else, maybe try sherevport again, I wouldn't mind playing Aledo or a team from Houston like a north shore, or a Crosby in preseason that would be nice.

I'm not reading through the garbage that I'm going to assume has been posted, but the petition is an absolute joke. Especially since it was started by a guy living in North Carolina and played on a team that last to South freakin Garland.

King has had his mistakes. Every single coach has had his mistakes. Do you think Trinity fans wanted to fire Lineweaver after his stupid play calling cost them the game against Southlake in 06? Probably not. Our fan base has ridiculous expectations that are over the top for no freakin reason.

It's a shame some can't realize how lucky we've had it. And especially can't appreciate the fight our boys just put up against a much more talented squad (IMO). But then again, a lot of those complaining don't even make the effort to support the boys they want to bash.

• Like 1

I'm not reading through the garbage that I'm going to assume has been posted, but the petition is an absolute joke. Especially since it was started by a guy living in North Carolina and played on a team that last to South freakin Garland.

King has had his mistakes. Every single coach has had his mistakes. Do you think Trinity fans wanted to fire Lineweaver after his stupid play calling cost them the game against Southlake in 06? Probably not. Our fan base has ridiculous expectations that are over the top for no freakin reason.

It's a shame some can't realize how lucky we've had it. And especially can't appreciate the fight our boys just put up against a much more talented squad (IMO). But then again, a lot of those complaining don't even make the effort to support the boys they want to bash.

What fool started a petition to get rid of Coach King? I saw something about it on twitter. Some "fans" are complete freaking morons.

Well said

Longview subvarsity's didn't lose a single game this year.

Our JV beat JT's JV 27-15...and our fish beat JT's 42-16.

We'll reload as usual, same outcome.

Truthfully, Lobos won't be a regional/quaterfinal type of team again until at least 2017, 2018 for sure.

Thanks....I can always depend on you to remind us when LV beat JT....even if its at the subvarsity level....lol.

I believe that loss against LV was the only loss for the Freshman team, and JV only loss twice....to LV and I think WH.

Thanks....I can always depend on you to remind us when LV beat JT....even if its at the subvarsity level....lol.

I believe that loss against LV was the only loss for the Freshman team, and JV only loss twice....to LV and I think WH.

Hey, I'm personally happy JT is good again. It just wasn't right when JT was 1-9 and an easy win... And with Marshall good again, we can have some awesome, competitive East Texas games.

Im not so sure about that. LV has always competed well at the highest level, so I expect nothing but the same. Also think JT next yr can do well too with all the returning players. Look at Mansfield, they lost to Mansfield Summit second game on the season 44-28. They haven't loss since beating Desoto, Cedar Hill, Arlington Lamar, Duncanville, Guyer, etc since then. Longview beat Summit and had a chance to beat LR too. I think JT and LV, LP and Lee (with the right coach), have the talent to play with all of those teams, because its been done in recent history. The top teams in 5a Div.1 can easily play with 6a schools. If Skyline can do it JT, LP and LV can do it.

King is a good coach. He frustrates the hell outta me at times but he is a good coach. IMO...the players making him look good. I just don't think we will ever win a championship under his guidance.

what you don't know is half those kids are undersized and wouldn't be good players with out coach kings tough coaching, Ive walked the walk under coach king, he and the staff are the main reason why i developed in to a good player. they are the reason i was able to play college football.

• Like 1

what you don't know is half those kids are undersized and wouldn't be good players with out coach kings tough coaching, Ive walked the walk under coach king, he and the staff are the main reason why i developed in to a good player. they are the reason i was able to play college football.

That's a trend I've noticed. Most former players under Coach King are very supportive of him. Then again, some start petitions to get him fired, but overall, they're supportive.