5A Division I State Quarterfinal: Longview (11-2) vs Mansfield Lake Ridge (13-0)

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (11-2) vs Mansfield Lake Ridge (13-0)  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Mansfield Lake Ridge in a close one
    • Mansfield Lake Ridge in a blow out

I still haven't gotten over the loss. Hard one to swallow when we were that close to victory

I bet , but those boys left it all on the field !! My oldest son was on a Mansfield Timberview team in 2011 that went 5 rounds. We got the $hit beat out of us by Spring Dekaney and I always took comfort in knowing we lost to better team by ALOT of points! not a bad call or missed fg. But LV played amazing! much respect for your boys!!

Probably worse...

Just mind boggling that someone that is 131-31 (66-4 in district) in 12 seasons is being treated like he has done the complete opposite.

No one is mentioning that our defensive staff allowed 56 points from a DFW team for the first time in school history though....it's just all King's fault. Nevermind that his offense did their job.

I thought the same thing, but the way they play, they give up TDs too quickly for any team to play ball control.

it was the complete opposite. If i read it right...Longview scoring drives were faster than LR. LR had sum 10+play drives. And ran 30 more plays than Lobos. I have never witnessed a team like LR...offensive juggernaut but a completely terrible defense. And I'm not being negative when i say "terrible" but it is wat it is. And wats crazy is that they will prolly win state just out scoring everybody. Lobos had a pretty stout D and they shredded them. Lunatik said they would score 50 and they did and he said we wouldn't march up and down the field on them but we did with ease. Im still in awe of both teams...

I bet , but those boys left it all on the field !! My oldest son was on a Mansfield Timberview team in 2011 that went 5 rounds. We got the $hit beat out of us by Spring Dekaney and I always took comfort in knowing we lost to better team by ALOT of points! not a bad call or missed fg. But LV played amazing! much respect for your boys!!

Trey Williams...Lobos know him real good

it was the complete opposite. If i read it right...Longview scoring drives were faster than LR. LR had sum 10+play drives. And ran 30 more plays than Lobos. I have never witnessed a team like LR...offensive juggernaut but a completely terrible defense. And I'm not being negative when i say "terrible" but it is wat it is. And wats crazy is that they will prolly win state just out scoring everybody. Lobos had a pretty stout D and they shredded them. Lunatik said they would score 50 and they did and he said we wouldn't march up and down the field on them but we did with ease. Im still in awe of both teams...

I tried to tell yall, lol

Amd i ment you wont have 15+ plays on a drive that you wouldnt have a 10 min drive

But in all seriousness good luck in 6a. We should be in 2 years, maybe we will renew this young rivalry

How is it logical for a team that doesn't make it to the state game to have a chance at winning it? The Semi round is not the state round. Skyline and DeSoto had the chance to get to state but both, in school history, had zero chance to win a championship. A zero chance to win a championship earns a team the warm-up team status.

DeSoto loses by a touchdown to Allen in 2013, Allen beats Pearland the next week 63-28 to win state. Skyline loses to SLC by 4 points in 2011, and the next week SLC wins by a TD to win state. Maybe its just me, but I think that shows both teams were good enough to win state. Kinda the same as JT a few yrs ago against Guyer. But I guess we have to agree to disagree.

Probably worse...

Just mind boggling that someone that is 131-31 (66-4 in district) in 12 seasons is being treated like he has done the complete opposite.

No one is mentioning that our defensive staff allowed 56 points from a DFW team for the first time in school history though....it's just all King's fault. Nevermind that his offense did their job.

I agree. I have seen LV play three times this yr, an there is no way I thought they could put up 50 points. I think LV really brought it against LR. King has made some mistakes...but he has done a great job at LV. Lots of big wins as coach. (Allen, DeSoto, John Curtis, West Monroe, etc.) It will be tough to replace him.

I agree. I have seen LV play three times this yr, an there is no way I thought they could put up 50 points. I think LV really brought it against LR. King has made some mistakes...but he has done a great job at LV. Lots of big wins as coach. (Allen, DeSoto, John Curtis, West Monroe, etc.) It will be tough to replace him.

Replace who? Somebody resign?

DeSoto loses by a touchdown to Allen in 2013, Allen beats Pearland the next week 63-28 to win state. Skyline loses to SLC by 4 points in 2011, and the next week SLC wins by a TD to win state. Maybe its just me, but I think that shows both teams were good enough to win state. Kinda the same as JT a few yrs ago against Guyer. But I guess we have to agree to disagree.

All were pretty good playoff warm-up teams but neither had a chance to win the title. The results are the proof. It's not something I'm making up. That chance belonged to Pearland, Hightower, and Georgetown.

I know its not logical and i don't agree with t, but i see the angle

We didnt do this all year, only last 3 games, thats how long our defense is struggling. During reg season we only gave up 21 pts per game. Actually been a good adjustment. Poteet game was 41-40, we covered 2 onside kicks and scored 28 straight

It makes perfect sense. LR was kicking onsides because they felt Longview would score anyway, whether they started from the 45 or from their own 30. So why not take a chance at getting the ball back and put the game away (the way it was going). That was the hill LR was ready to die on had the Lobos gotten a turnover of their own, but they were never able to. Was a crazy game, and I've never seen any team play like that. Entertaining although heartbreaking for us.

Good luck vs Aledo. The Aledo poster may be able to shed more light, but I think they're down from previous years, so LR should have an easy time from here on out.

But no game is guaranteed! Where is the LR/Aledo game? Depending on the time/location, I might try to go.

Guest Delete1

It makes perfect sense. LR was kicking onsides because they felt Longview would score anyway, whether they started from the 45 or from their own 30. So why not take a chance at getting the ball back and put the game away (the way it was going). That was the hill LR was ready to die on had the Lobos gotten a turnover of their own, but they were never able to. Was a crazy game, and I've never seen any team play like that. Entertaining although heartbreaking for us.

Good luck vs Aledo. The Aledo poster may be able to shed more light, but I think they're down from previous years, so LR should have an easy time from here on out.

But no game is guaranteed! Where is the LR/Aledo game? Depending on the time/location, I might try to go.

"LR should have an easy time from here on out".............................................. Actually we may be better than last year. We have scored 53 more points and given us 88 less points. That is a 141 point differential.

"LR should have an easy time from here on out".............................................. Actually we may be better than last year. We have scored 53 more points and given us 88 less points. That is a 141 point differential.

That just means your district is worse then last year

I dont know a whole bunch about Aledo this year but IMO...the way you beat LR is not so much a great D but you have to get ahead and make them chase you. A good team will put points on the board against their D.Granted I seen first hand that they are gonna put up the points and all but getting a turnover or two and putting the ball in the end zone is key for Aledo. Looking back at Longview game I believe we should have went for it 4th and 2 instead of kicking a field goal. That works with the normal teams but LR ain't normal.

Aledo plays disciplined football so they'll give LR fits defensively.

The defense i saw from aledo is small with avg speed, rhere are a couple with speed but over all slow. Our oline will controll the line, if they stack the box jettt will pass for 400. If they over commit duke and jett will kill them with 180 yards each.

Only way alwdo wins is if we turn the ball over

The defense i saw from aledo is small with avg speed, rhere are a couple with speed but over all slow. Our oline will controll the line, if they stack the box jettt will pass for 400. If they over commit duke and jett will kill them with 180 yards each.

Only way alwdo wins is if we turn the ball over

I'm hoping LR wins but Aledo is not a talent program.