5A Division I State Quarterfinal: Longview (11-2) vs Mansfield Lake Ridge (13-0)

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (11-2) vs Mansfield Lake Ridge (13-0)  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Mansfield Lake Ridge in a close one
    • Mansfield Lake Ridge in a blow out

this is going to upset the Aledo person, but I watched their defense struggle against a slow non passing offense Saturday. same with Cooper

I'm probably setting my self up to get hammered but I think we have a great chance of beating Aledo.

I think our size will wear on them, they wont out quick or fast us

and I don't think they have seen what is in store for them with Jett and company

and I probably just sealed our fate to getting beat 42-14, I just don't see us not scoring 50

its crazy how they approach, people always aske me to describe our offense and I say a power spread team

every laughs and calls me a idiot

on a different site I have about 4 or 5 people telling me we wont break 30, and you know me, I keep telling them, we can win and we can lose, but we will score 50

That is true for the team that puts scoring ahead playing defense.

Even if you have the best defensive team ever, amd you play the whole game and the other team doesnt pick up 1 yard, you still have to score, even if its a safety, you have to score

Even if you have the best defensive team ever, amd you play the whole game and the other team doesnt pick up 1 yard, you still have to score, even if its a safety, you have to score

The team that allows 0 has a better chance to win more games than the team that allows 50.

LR is just unexplainable...I won't bet against them this year. Lobos completely fell into their game plan but it was just unavoidable.

I honestly wondered at times if LR was LETTING Longview score quickly so that they could get the ball back and attempt another onsides kick. Had they gotten any of them, the game would've been all but over.

Not if we score 56, try and keep up

I'm not going to get in a #### match with you but there are 6 years of consecutive Aledo runs that tells me otherwise about your score prediction... Oh and 4 state championships or something like that... Both in D1 and D2...

I'm not going to get in a #### match with you but there are 6 years of consecutive Aledo runs that tells me otherwise about your score prediction... Oh and 4 state championships or something like that... Both in D1 and D2...

In 3a and 4a, so what? Do any of those past games help this year?

My alma mater has more, i have 2 amd a baseball SC, but it wont help my son friday any more then it helps aledo

Amd im sure you dont, you arent ready

That's a good percentage going into a game against a team that plays pretty good defense.

Never said it would be easy, never said we would walkover aledo, but you dismiss us because of what you have heard or read on a stat sheet. Im willing to bet you haven't seen us play.

In 3a and 4a, so what? Do any of those past games help this year?

My alma mater has more, i have 2 amd a baseball SC, but it wont help my son friday any more then it helps aledo

Amd im sure you dont, you arent ready

You don't get what I am saying. You never will. I understand... I always feel Marshall is unbeatable when we have special seasons like this one until we get beat. But I am curious about the last time Aledo scored 50 points and lost. I am also curious the last time Aledo actually gave up 50 points. I don't expect you to know those answers, I also have no clue where to find them... But I would guess odds are in my favor of it not happening under this coaching staff or the one before it...

You don't get what I am saying. You never will. I understand... I always feel Marshall is unbeatable when we have special seasons like this one until we get beat. But I am curious about the last time Aledo scored 50 points and lost. I am also curious the last time Aledo actually gave up 50 points. I don't expect you to know those answers, I also have no clue where to find them... But I would guess odds are in my favor of it not happening under this coaching staff or the one before it...

Not sure if they have ever scored 50 and lost

But 9 years ago was last time theyngave up 50.

And just so you know, LV had never given up 50 in the playoffs, in 109 years. It happened last week

Guest Delete1

Here are the scores since '96

http://aledosportsdaily.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/docs/History_of_Bearcat_Football_ALL.333164102.pdf

Not sure if they have ever scored 50 and lost

But 9 years ago was last time theyngave up 50.

And just so you know, LV had never given up 50 in the playoffs, in 109 years. It happened last week

you know LR wasn't suppose to win that game if the percentages held true. The stars I believe have lined up perfectly for LR this year. But only in Longview does a team routinely give up 3rd and long or 4th and long. I keep reading in the Dallas paper that it was the most important game in LR short history. If thats the case...DMNews has already crowned LR champs.

For fun read www.calpreps.com

you know LR wasn't suppose to win that game if the percentages held true. The stars I believe have lined up perfectly for LR this year. But only in Longview does a team routinely give up 3rd and long or 4th and long. I keep reading in the Dallas paper that it was the most important game in LR short history. If thats the case...DMNews has already crowned LR champs.

Corbett smith loves LR, hes been talkimg them up all year