5A Division I State Quarterfinal: Longview (11-2) vs Mansfield Lake Ridge (13-0)

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (11-2) vs Mansfield Lake Ridge (13-0)  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Mansfield Lake Ridge in a close one
    • Mansfield Lake Ridge in a blow out

Never said it would be easy, never said we would walkover aledo, but you dismiss us because of what you have heard or read on a stat sheet. Im willing to bet you haven't seen us play.

My post about defenses that give up 50 was not directed at LR and it sure was not a prediction on the outcome of their game against Aledo. I think you read too much in to my post but I understand why.

The defense i saw from aledo is small with avg speed, rhere are a couple with speed but over all slow. Our oline will controll the line, if they stack the box jettt will pass for 400. If they over commit duke and jett will kill them with 180 yards each.

Only way alwdo wins is if we turn the ball over

There's no way I'm voting against Lake Ridge for the rest of this year. They are real.

How many of those are against LR

Don't go getting hypothetical on us... How many of your 50 point games were on Aledo?

To go back to my original point... This set of coaches, I count the previous HC, now AD, in this... How many times have they scored 50 and lost? The stat sheet provided= 0. And how many times have they given up 50? I counted 1 and that was in the 90s...

Not saying you won't win, but if you are telling me that you are giving up 50 to a team with championship caliber talent and winning... Well, I'm telling you that my money is on Aledo... They have won it all 3 of the last 4 years and their only loss this year was to the #1 team in the state...

You've hit a brick wall here. You can talk hypotheticals all day, but you have to give me more to work with than just your last win... Longview already showed glimpses of their defensive weaknesses this season, so you winning was good. Now you have a chance to make the entire state notice you.

Don't go getting hypothetical on us... How many of your 50 point games were on Aledo?

To go back to my original point... This set of coaches, I count the previous HC, now AD, in this... How many times have they scored 50 and lost? The stat sheet provided= 0. And how many times have they given up 50? I counted 1 and that was in the 90s...

Not saying you won't win, but if you are telling me that you are giving up 50 to a team with championship caliber talent and winning... Well, I'm telling you that my money is on Aledo... They have won it all 3 of the last 4 years and their only loss this year was to the #1 team in the state...

You've hit a brick wall here. You can talk hypotheticals all day, but you have to give me more to work with than just your last win... Longview already showed glimpses of their defensive weaknesses this season, so you winning was good. Now you have a chance to make the entire state notice you.

You have keep bumping your gums, inkeep bumping mine, look up all the stats u want.

My opinon is we score 50, you say I'm wrong, difference is you aee getting all emotional, writting short stories. Whats funny is u know nothing about either team, just spitting fire.

Once again, how many games of LR have you seen

How many aledo games have you seen this year

You have keep bumping your gums, inkeep bumping mine, look up all the stats u want.

My opinon is we score 50, you say I'm wrong, difference is you aee getting all emotional, writting short stories. Whats funny is u know nothing about either team, just spitting fire.

You will not win any argument here, you are the enemy, you knocked off Longview. I think the LR and Aledo game will be a good one that I plan to watch on Live Stream. I will be watching and pulling for you against Aledo, I really like the way you guys run your offense,, really don't know about your D because Longview was doing stuff like passing for big score which is something they had not been doing of late until they played LR. It is the best of the best from here on out, it will be fun to see how things turn out. Just hoping an East Texas team like Gilmer, Carthage or Waskom can bring home a State Title now.

You will not win any argument here, you are the enemy, you knocked off Longview. I think the LR and Aledo game will be a good one that I plan to watch on Live Stream. I will be watching and pulling for you against Aledo, I really like the way you guys run your offense,, really don't know about your D because Longview was doing stuff like passing for big score which is something they had not been doing of late until they played LR. It is the best of the best from here on out, it will be fun to see how things turn out. Just hoping an East Texas team like Gilmer, Carthage or Waskom can bring home a State Title now.

Definitely have some issues, amd their have been some assignment changes this week and it will help,

I live in Aledo... Have you ever been here? On Friday nights there are 2 things to do here... Go out of town or watch Aledo football. And I've only seen you guys play once. And I believe you will play the best defense you've seen this year this week. So are you trying to convince me that your opinion is greater than mine or are you just trying to kick a dead horse with nothing but your opinions? Because if so, do like you did in this past post and state it as an opinion. I like throwing out my opinions too, the difference is that I at least try and support some it with stats and figures.

I live in Aledo... Have you ever been here? On Friday nights there are 2 things to do here... Go out of town or watch Aledo football. And I've only seen you guys play once. And I believe you will play the best defense you've seen this year this week. So are you trying to convince me that your opinion is greater than mine or are you just trying to kick a dead horse with nothing but your opinions? Because if so, do like you did in this past post and state it as an opinion. I like throwing out my opinions too, the difference is that I at least try and support some it with stats and figures.

U sound like every aledo blowhard

We average 55 points a game

We average 350 rushing yards a game

Everytime i say i think we will score 50 and have 350 yards rushing, every blowhard tells me we wont, beacuse yall are aledo and that doesnt happen to aledo.

I'm hoping those schools and lovelady can win titles. We obviously can't win them in 5A and 6A in the pines now.

I think it Cute how Mansfield Lake Ridge Fans tend to Dismiss Aledo saying the cats are Slow and Little I guess we lack Talent too! I remember cinderalla ride to state in 1998- We lost our starting QB early on that year- And had only 2 returning starters on our state team- and the in 2009,2010& 2011 Johnathan Gray era. Then the tradition carried on to 2013 4A & 2014 5A DI. Yes we have a young team this year, but it makes what's to come even brighter. The experience over the years off being in plays-off year in and year out / winning state game year in and year out- Can not be replaced by anything- nothing can trump it . Any team can be beaten on any given day ! That's why I like the team to loose early in the year- It helps the Coaches with their jobs and reminds the team they can be beat! So Mansfield you brag about being Bigger, Faster & more Talent- Just enjoy the season - May the Best Team win on Friday night Injury Free with the Best sportsmanship on display! One thing I do know for sure Aledo will be back in the mix of things again next year and the year after that.

GO CATS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do not discount Aledo because they definitely have the proven pedigree in this one, just like Longview did too. Never in my life would I think someone could put 56 on Longview, not with that stout defense they had all year. Just sat there watching on Live Stream and could not believe it.Longview never quit, they never do and I figure Aledo will be the same. Like I said in an earlier post, only the best if the best are left, no pansies left to pick on. I don't know who will win this game, but I bet it will be a good one to watch.

I think it Cute how Mansfield Lake Ridge Fans tend to Dismiss Aledo saying the cats are Slow and Little I guess we lack Talent too! I remember cinderalla ride to state in 1998- We lost our starting QB early on that year- And had only 2 returning starters on our state team- and the in 2009,2010& 2011 Johnathan Gray era. Then the tradition carried on to 2013 4A & 2014 5A DI. Yes we have a young team this year, but it makes what's to come even brighter. The experience over the years off being in plays-off year in and year out / winning state game year in and year out- Can not be replaced by anything- nothing can trump it . Any team can be beaten on any given day ! That's why I like the team to loose early in the year- It helps the Coaches with their jobs and reminds the team they can be beat! So Mansfield you brag about being Bigger, Faster & more Talent- Just enjoy the season - May the Best Team win on Friday night Injury Free with the Best sportsmanship on display! One thing I do know for sure Aledo will be back in the mix of things again next year and the year after that.

GO CATS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have not 1 thing negative about aledo, i gave them plent of props. But im not going to bow down to my opinon that LR scores 50, becasue "aledo had SCs no one acores 50 on them"

U sound like every aledo blowhard

We average 55 points a game

We average 350 rushing yards a game

Everytime i say i think we will score 50 and have 350 yards rushing, every blowhard tells me we wont, beacuse yall are aledo and that doesnt happen to aledo.

You know Aledo stats do completely contradict your stats right? There is going to be a stalemate at some point... I think it's now because your season offensive averages do not come from playing teams similar to Aledo every week. Longview's defense does not even halfway compare to Aledos this season.

Like I said before, I'm not saying you are wrong, I'm just saying nothing you toss out here will change my opinion. Keep trying though, I'm sure this is a nice filler to your downtime :)

And just to hammer it all the way in... Your math stinks. While you average all of those wonderful 55 ppg... Aledo averages 50 a game . You allow 27 a game... And like 40 a game or more in the playoffs. Aledo allowed 8.9 ppg in the entire season and 6 ppg in the playoffs.