5A Division I State Quarterfinal: Longview (11-2) vs Mansfield Lake Ridge (13-0)

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (11-2) vs Mansfield Lake Ridge (13-0)  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Mansfield Lake Ridge in a close one
    • Mansfield Lake Ridge in a blow out

And just to hammer it all the way in... Your math stinks. While you average all of those wonderful 55 ppg... Aledo averages 50 a game . You allow 27 a game... And like 40 a game or more in the playoffs. Aledo allowed 8.9 ppg in the entire season and 1 ppg in the playoffs.

Well if you want to throw in playoff avgs then our offense avgs 67.

Not going down this road. But their schedule is significantly easier,

Well if you want to throw in playoff avgs then our offense avgs 67.

Not going down this road. But their schedule is significantly easier,

They played the #1 team in the state and played an out of state power. The district is trash, but I think another school in their district also made it 3 rounds deep... one they beat by 30...

Please stick around when your season is over, whether its this weekend or not. I love beating sense into fanboys on the college forum. We would welcome you with open arms...

They played the #1 team in the state and played an out of state power. The district is trash, but I think another school in their district also made it 3 rounds deep... one they beat by 30...

Please stick around when your season is over, whether its this weekend or not. I love beating sense into fanboys on the college forum. We would welcome you with open arms...

You aint saying nothing worth hearing.

Region 1 is weak, we had another team go 4 rounds

Once again, im not dissing their accomplishments, but they have had a advantage being in easier district nd region

Aledo will smoke LR. A good defense almost always beats a good offense. 56- 24 Aledo

No way they hold us to 24, ill put lunch on that

I would be shocked if that score happened. Aledo is well coached and disciplined, but I'm not sure they could hold LR to 24. I think they would need a few turnovers for that. I'm not sure the Aledo team that I watched against Randall could score 56, even against a bad LR defense and special teams. LR going with the onside kicks early again, may help that though. I just wasn't impressed with Aledo, but they've been here before and they do have the coaching to take advantage of LR weaknesses imo. I think it will be another close game. I want to pick LR to win it, but something tells me Aledo may pull it out..

Guest Delete1

I would be shocked if that score happened. Aledo is well coached and disciplined, but I'm not sure they could hold LR to 24. I think they would need a few turnovers for that. I'm not sure the Aledo team that I watched against Randall could score 56, even against a bad LR defense and special teams. LR going with the onside kicks early again, may help that though. I just wasn't impressed with Aledo, but they've been here before and they do have the coaching to take advantage of LR weaknesses imo. I think it will be another close game. I want to pick LR to win it, but something tells me Aledo may pull it out..

LR is such a risk/reward team. They were 4/5 against Lv. If they are only 2/5 against Aledo then we are in good shape. We just need a turnover or stop them on 4th down a couple times. I think we win.

LR is such a risk/reward team. They were 4/5 against Lv. If they are only 2/5 against Aledo then we are in good shape. We just need a turnover or stop them on 4th down a couple times. I think we win.

Risk/Reward Team??? Now who thought of that one. I have to use that.

Ive seen that reference a few times but i know zero about them

They had a stud dual threat QB, a really good RB, and a couple of really good WR's. They onside kicked most of the time and rarely punted on 4th down. I think they won the State Title game 69-49.

Cause apparently your defense couldn't stop a bad 3a team. Defense matters . Sulfur Springs 2008 had a " Nascar offense " they couldn't stop a 8th grade team if they tried. They are the only ones that I know of who State despite their atrocious defense. Whitehouse ( Patrick mchomlms texas tech) (Didn't win) was another team team cones to mind who played like that as well. 99% of time a good defense beats a good offense. Facts

Based on what? Serious question

I don't think you're giving that Lv defense enough credit. Aledo has a very good defense from what I could see and like i've said before, they were well coached, but they weren't that much better than Longview. Randall was able to do some things against them and their offense wasn't even close to the same level as LR. Not sure who wins this one, I have a feeling Aledo will pull it though. I just don't think you're giving the Lv defense and LR offense enough credit. Lv had a very good defense too and couldn't really stop LR at all. Unless they have several turnovers, They're going to score more points than that 24 or 28 that you predicted earlier. I just think that Duffey kid is too good.