Texas @ Baylor

JustAFan11

Game moved to 11am on ESPN.

Quotes from Strongs PC!

@AnwarRichardson: Texas coach Charlie Strong said QB Jerrod Heard (concussion) is day-to-day. He's still being evaluated

@AnwarRichardson: Texas freshman RB Chris Warren, III was named the Big 12 Conference Offensive Player of the Week. Rushed for 276 yards and 4 TDs

@mikefinger: Strong: "I'm still missing a few parts. I need another recruiting class. Once we get that next class, we'll be headed in the right direction

@WVWilkerson: Jerrod Heard and Johnathan Gray are day-to-day. Jinkens, D'Onta Foreman, Kirk Johnson, Vahe out. Malik and Hassan questionable.

@max_olson: Texas QB Tyrone Swoopes will start vs. Baylor, Charlie Strong confirmed. Heard coming off concussion.

@JeffHowe247: Strong said he will sit down at the conclusion of the season to meet with his coaching staff regarding their futures. #HookEm #Longhorns

@JeffHowe247: Strong said he has NOT reached out to TCU co-OC Sonny Cumbie about joining the #Longhorns staff #HookEm

@JeffHowe247: Strong said Chris Warren will continue to be the #Longhorns starting running back. #HookEm

@AnwarRichardson: Texas coach Charlie Strong said he hasn't sat down with Mike Perrin. Not worried about any lack of support in the program

Getting into the Sugar Bowl against a SEC opponent would be huge a lot to play for here

Right. Baylor has a ton to play for. Getting to the Sugar bowl would be huge for them. Go beat a good SEC squad will erase the Mich St debacle of last year IMO.

Its texas they definitely remember the beatings from the past. Plus a Sugar bowl bid is quite accomplishment .

No one playing does. BU has won 4 out of the last 5. With a Sugar Bowl bid on the line, I expect BU to be ready to play. The weather not resembling Katrina at 35 degrees will help too.

The Sugar Bowl is such a water downed version of itself from 2 years ago. For a team that expected to go to the playoffs, going to a non-playoff game just seems like a disappointment. Baylor probably pushes out here just because Texas stinks, but I don't see them coming out like Rocky in Rocky IV vs Drago.

you think so? coleman has been kinda quiet on this back end of the season against better competition. only reason I could see shock leaving is the fact that he just had a son.

Coleman being quiet has more to do with QB situation than competition.

LKTiger06.........I am thinking you are in the know with Shock, maybe a close relative.........But I have been told by a reliable source, that Shock will be given a good opportunity in the NFL......A yearly Super Bowl contender for the last 8-10 years wants him------not saying they are drafting him in the 1st round, but they are not letting him go undrafted.

Running backs are rarely seen in the NFL after 30-31 years of age..........Shock is already 22

• Like 1

Longhorn Network reports

Charlie Strong says starters Malik Jefferson & Dylan Haines are OUT for Baylor game. Malik is 2nd in tackles and Haines leads team in INT.

Texas will be missing both starting LBs which will show up in the game. On the bright side we'll get to see more Deshon Elliott!

Longhorn Network reports

Charlie Strong says starters Malik Jefferson & Dylan Haines are OUT for Baylor game. Malik is 2nd in tackles and Haines leads team in INT.

Texas will be missing both starting LBs which will show up in the game. On the bright side we'll get to see more Deshon Elliott!

I'll believe that when I see it!

I saw where Norvell said they might burn Merrick's or Locksley's redshirt. This would be beyond stupid in the last meaningless game of a losing season.

LKTiger06.........I am thinking you are in the know with Shock, maybe a close relative.........But I have been told by a reliable source, that Shock will be given a good opportunity in the NFL......A yearly Super Bowl contender for the last 8-10 years wants him------not saying they are drafting him in the 1st round, but they are not letting him go undrafted.

Running backs are rarely seen in the NFL after 30-31 years of age..........Shock is already 22

Yeah he's my lil cousin more like a little brother we grew up in the same house. As you can imagine in a small town there's so many people saying many different things but I imagine he has enough going on with people asking his intentions so I guess we'll know here pretty soon.