Rusty Nail Hired as AD/Football Coach at Madisonville...

Smoaky

Madisonville I.S.D. has approved the hiring of Rusty Nail as their new AD/Head Football Coach during a school board meeting on Wednesday.

Nail, who resigned at Mart High School following the 2014 season to get into the investment business, told David Smoak, "It's in my blood, and when it's in your blood, it's hard to get it out." Nail continued, "I thoroughly enjoyed my time in investments and did very well, but it's time for me to do what I love to do, coaching young men, leading an athletic department, and doing it the right way."

Nail took the Mart Panthers to four state championship game appearances in his nine years as head coach, including two state championships in 2006 and 2010, and a sparkling 105-23 overall record.

Nail, who started his coaching career at Madisonville in the early-1990's, replaces Greg Morgan who resigned after sixteen-years as AD/Football Coach, including 1-9 this season.

Heck of a hire. Madisonville should be loving this in a few years. Great coach.

+1 to this.

As a parent of players who have faced his teams for several consecutive years, until this season, the man can flat out coach.

Glad for him to be back in the vocation that he loves and is successful at. He will turn it around at Madisonville.

I have to say, though, I am relieved that we don't have to play against his teams anymore.....