UIL rules Katy will remain in Class 6-A playoffs....

Smoaky

About time. It always felt like something was going on at Katy. Nothing ever came to light, though. They always seemed to get a lot of "move ins" and whatnot. I hope that whatever happens, the right decision is made.

Minus 1998, nothing came to light at least...

UIL has scheduled an emergency hearing concerning possible eligibility violations by Katy High School's football team. The violations are still unclear but a source told Fox 26 that the unspecified player's eligibility status may be in question because he is a "move in." Depending upon why he moved into the area, it could make him ineligible for varsity postseason play.The emergency UIL hearing is schedule for 10:05am in Austin. Look for more news as it breaks.

http://texashsfootball.com/katy-might-be-disqualified-from-playoffs/

UIL has scheduled an emergency hearing concerning possible eligibility violations by Katy High School's football team. The violations are still unclear but a source told Fox 26 that the unspecified player's eligibility status may be in question because he is a "move in." Depending upon why he moved into the area, it could make him ineligible for varsity postseason play.The emergency UIL hearing is schedule for 10:05am in Austin. Look for more news as it breaks.

http://texashsfootball.com/katy-might-be-disqualified-from-playoffs/

I'm sure he moved into Katy HS because of the superior educational opportunities afforded the vast majority of students attending said institution!! ;)

After reading the article (link from smoaky), it appears that the player just moved in and played this last weekend. Does not seem feasible to me how any player would be able come into a storied program such as Katy's in week 13 and even see a uniform, much less playing time. Must be something I didn't read right ..smh

Minus 1998, nothing came to light at least...

The 1998 debacle was LUDICROUS!

A player forged a teacher's signature and changed his grade from failing to passing. He played a total of THREE plays in a blowout playoff win near the end of the game in the semi-finals.

The entire team missed out on that state title game. IMHO.... that was on the SINGLE student.... NOT on KHS or the coaching staff. HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN PUNISHED. Not the program. He committed forgery!!!! HE LIED!!!! Forgery??? How in the world was the staff to know something like that??? It was a pitiful ruling by UIL.

I have no love for KHS at all.... but that ruling was RIDICULOUS.

Midland Lee was going to win that state title game regardless of who they faced..... they were a MACHINE with Cedric Benson. But still.... Katy should have never been tossed out IMHO.

I can't help but wonder though...... these last second whistleblowers on "flimsy" allegations..... is this actual concern of broken rules? Or is this just a simple case of JEALOUSY?????

I'll leave that laying right here......

Katy self-reported. Supposedly there is a question of whether the kid had been enrolled 15 days before playing at the tail-end of last weeks blowout win. It is a hearing for clarification of the rule. 15 school days or 15 days. They are clearing up the timeline.

Well the kid played when the score was 66-0. I highly doubt they would jeapodize the season. I mean if he was star qb or the game was in question I could see some foul play. I doubt he is that stupid especially when the Head coach has been there since 1981.

He wasn't the HC that long.

Well the kid played when the score was 66-0. I highly doubt they would jeapodize the season. I mean if he was star qb or the game was in question I could see some foul play. I doubt he is that stupid especially when the Head coach has been there since 1981.

Meh, rule is a rule for a reason.

We had to forfeit a game for a guy playing just one play back in 08..when the game was 52-14.

Their officials are definitely just begging not to be punished.

• Like 1