2A D1 Semi-final: Lovelady vs Refugio

eka

Lovelady vs Refugio  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

seen shelbyville and refugio,shelbyville has athletes as good or better than refugio. Shelbyville is faster and better on defense. difference is refugio uses it's athletes better on O by running the spread,getting them the ball in space. QB for refugio is a legitimate D1 recruit. Lovelady must shut down their passing game,make them beat you running ball,something they can do but hate to do

i agree Shelbyvilles defense is as good as there is in the classification.

seen shelbyville and refugio,shelbyville has athletes as good or better than refugio. Shelbyville is faster and better on defense. difference is refugio uses it's athletes better on O by running the spread,getting them the ball in space. QB for refugio is a legitimate D1 recruit. Lovelady must shut down their passing game,make them beat you running ball,something they can do but hate to do

Refugio can run the ball too if they want, they keep it balanced. When did you see Refugio? Was it on film?

what game(s) have you seen Shelbyville and Refugio play? I don't know where you're getting the idea that Refugio hates to run the ball? That was a few years ago when Travis Q. was at QB. They are much more balanced now and do not "hate to run the ball."

Good luck Lovelady. Represent the region well. #1 is special and 50 and 55 will headhunt! I hope we see you next year. You have a classy team.

Thanks man. We're gonna give em all we got and see if that's enough. The kids are ready, just need to go play a clean game and give ourselves a chance in the 2nd half to pull the upset. ROLL ON LIONS!!!!

what game(s) have you seen Shelbyville and Refugio play? I don't know where you're getting the idea that Refugio hates to run the ball? That was a few years ago when Travis Q. was at QB. They are much more balanced now and do not "hate to run the ball."

played them,they will run but would much rather throw the ball,not a patient team,want to score right now

Well, here we are on GAMEDAY! This little community of Lovelady is buzzing this morning. Sending the boys off around noon and the cheerleaders are painting car windows and organizing a caravan that's leaving the school at 2:00. Nothing like small town football in East Texas. When I moved my family to Lovelady 6 years ago to put my daughters in a great academic environment, I wondered if I was making the right decision. Many things over those 6 years have validated that it was the right choice. But seeing this community and school rally behind our football team is a thing of beauty. I grew up in Groveton in the 80's and got to experience some of these same memories as a teenager. Now my daughters get to build their own memories of small town dreams and Texas High School Football. I hope this ride doesn't end until we grace the field of NRG stadium but if it does, WOW what a ride. Lions, you have made me proud this year. Go play inspired football and take the fight with you. Go do what many say can't be done. But most of all, when you gather around your coach tonight after the game, win or lose, have no regrets. ROLL ON LIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!