2A D1 Semi-final: Lovelady vs Refugio

eka

Lovelady vs Refugio  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

LL can run with Refugio, but they'll have to execute with them to have a chance. Can't have dropped passes, errant throws or missed opportunities and hope to win. They can probably hang with Refugio if they play their A+ game and put some points on the board. If not this could go south in a hurry.

LL can run with Refugio, but they'll have to execute with them to have a chance. Can't have dropped passes, errant throws or missed opportunities and hope to win. They can probably hang with Refugio if they play their A+ game and put some points on the board. If not this could go south in a hurry.

I agree they will have to gets stops and score to hang with this team just keeping it real Refugio is high octane

What type of offense does lovelady run?

I'm not sure what they call it. Their base is akin to the spread but they'll line up in multiple sets, usually in a single back formation. Mostly zone-read type stuff but the QB didn't run a lot in the games I saw. Their primary back is not big (165 lbs?) but is pretty fast. The QB is a little inconsistent on his throws but when he's on he's pretty good. Catching the ball consistently has been an issue recently. They're not really big and not really impressive to look at, but they can run, are well coached, play assignment ball and won't quit. Their coach has been there 10+ years and he'll know how to beat Refugio; whether his kids can execute it like they need to in order to win remains to be seen.

I knew I could get a reply. I remember when Alto played Refugio in 95 semis. Those guys looked like the Denver Broncos walking out onto the field.

Charles Morgan intercepted the screen pass and took it to the house to win it for Alto in the closing moments! Refugio was about to win the game on penetrations. Those Refugio kids are huge. Did you see their roster on MaxPreps?? Got a Center/MLB listed at 6'7" 450 lbs!!

Charles Morgan intercepted the screen pass and took it to the house to win it for Alto in the closing moments! Refugio was about to win the game on penetrations. Those Refugio kids are huge. Did you see their roster on MaxPreps?? Got a Center/MLB listed at 6'7" 450 lbs!!

I thought Hackney scored on a long pass he took the ball out of the defenders hand on a for sure Interception and strolled in untouched for the score.

High Scoring? You mean like the 17 pts. they put on Shiner?

Refugio's offense is no good we are very slow no speed qb cant throw wr's cant catch line can't block hell we are lucky to be here. Hopefully the boys can get it together and put on a good game next week against LL.

The type of Offense Refugio runs makes me think Lovelady can take them. Lovelady d is pretty legit and when your in the spread and all the games I have watched with there big 6-5 d-end he is almost impossible to block one on one, and hes on your QB fast and creates havoc with his long arms. Hard to throw with him coming at you. I like Lovelady odds even more vs a spread team.

One thing Lovelady has showed. You are going to have to grind it out against them, there D shows up on 3rd, and 4th downs. They really don't give up to many long plays and missed tackles. This will be a low scoring game.