(14-0) Gilmer Buckeyes vs (14-0) Celina Bobcats

GTownballer

Gilmer vs Celina  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Yea, I'm curious to see what this new guy does in year 2. This year, you can shirt tail Coach Traylor's success and stay winning using his players, etc. Next year, they're your players. Curious to see how well things continue.

Great season Gilmer. Awesome run. See yall next year hopefully.

GREAT game! Celina overcame 5 turnovers and got three of their own... Most importantly, they turned two of them into 14 points on pic6 TDs. NO team should be able to spot an opponent 14 points and advance. Congrats to Celina. Proud of the Buckeyes... Much to learn and build on from this season!!!

I'm really surprised Gilmer was able to hang so close to Celina offensively tonite. I kinda figured Celina would extend it out in the 2nd half, but Gilmer kept answering Celina's scores all the way to late in the game. Great season again by Gilmer, and congrats to a very, very good Celina Bobcats team this season for advancing to the State Championship Final Game.

I usually pull for east Texas teams, but I am glad Gilmer and Carthage both lost tonight. Gilmer's players and coaches seem to be very respectful, but the fans on here have made me want to see Gilmer lose. Some are very arrogant and seem to think no team even deserves to be on the field with Gilmer. Carthage on the other hand, I just don't like. That stems from the rivalry between us in the 70's. Enjoy bouncing the round balls.

• Like 1

Louie Gohmart, front on the sidelines, has personally sent the referee who called that taunting call to Git Mo. Not, a Gilmer in any form, that taunting call on that last Gilmer drive was awful. You never want to help decide a game like in crucial drive with a minor taunting call. I'm mad, and I don't even like Gilmer.

I usually pull for east Texas teams, but I am glad Gilmer and Carthage both lost tonight. Gilmer's players and coaches seem to be very respectful, but the fans on here have made me want to see Gilmer lose. Some are very arrogant and seem to think no team even deserves to be on the field with Gilmer. Carthage on the other hand, I just don't like. That stems from the rivalry between us in the 70's. Enjoy bouncing the round balls.

you must be one of those that get a hair up your "nosrss" from losing to the two teams year in and year out ,,,,LOL.... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ps..you probally in the band

• Like 1

Ok for some quick observations:

1. Celina was better than Gilmer. That might be stating the obvious, but it needs to be said. They dominated both sides of the line of scrimmage. They shut down Gilmer's running game for the most part, and their Oline created the lanes for the RB & QB. The key was the QB's ability to run. That kept Celina drives alive all night.

2. That being said, if Gilmer doesn't have 3 turnovers, they win the game. Of course, if Celina doesn't have 5 turnovers, it might have been a blowout. Gilmer stayed in this game to the very end, and never quit. They gave themselves a chance to win. this Gilmer team didn't understand the word quit. They fought to the very end.

3. Demarco Boyd is a beast. His first two scores were simply awesome. Dude has a huge motor. I don't know how his skill set translates to UT, as to what position he will play. But what a joy to watch for these past 4 years.

4. The wind was a bigger deterrent to Gilmer than Celina. Since Celina was running the ball so well, and got stronger as the game went on, they could move the ball when going in to the wind. Gilmer struggled more into the wind because they couldn't establish a consistent running game.

5. Gilmer coaching staff had to try to scheme this victory, and they almost pulled it off. Best offensive performance and offensive strategy I've seen. Honestly, Gilmer struggled to move the ball much more than Celina did. The coaching staff did a great job of putting a game plan together that almost pulled off the upset.

Overall a great game. Both teams played outstanding football, and played with class. It was a hard fought, hard hitting, intense game. You hate that one team had to lose, but I'm sure both teams went away with mutual respect for the other.

• Like 1