(14-0) Gilmer Buckeyes vs (14-0) Celina Bobcats

GTownballer

Gilmer vs Celina  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Eagleborn, just so you know, your are the biggest instigator on this board, and most of us think your a piece of @#$T!

The day I start caring about what Gilmer folks think about me will be the day I go play in traffic.

Lighten up son (pending DNA test)...

Well said,how many communities would love to have the program that is established here. They are not any different than kids in any other school. The difference is the support, the coaches, the community. I've only been here 10 years, and the success is unmatched. 27 losses (for a 15 yr span, actually) think about that. Does that translate to some arrogance by SOME,sure. But the hate that is shown here week in, and week out is just d@#$ shameful. This program starts way before these kids get into HS. These kids buy into the success early. These coaches know these kids for years before HS & MAXIMIZE EACH kids full potential. It amazes no other program is doing that. Looking forward to next year already. Trust me so are the players.

I agree with you an all counts. Gilmer has become what Celina became and some people hate some bash some are just plain spoiled.....You have to go back to 1995 to ring up 30 losses for the Bobcats.. and yet some just cannot do anything but complain when we do not go every year to the dance..... Some people just do not understand that what they have is very special. 99 percent of the other schools would love to be Gilmer or Celina.... I am certainly a big fan of the Buckeyes and the Black Flag Defense and enjoy watching them when I can. This was as good a game as I have seen in a long time. What fun....What class. I will say IMHO Gilmer is one of the classiest acts in texas. You don't have to worry about how Celina in general feels about the Buckeyes. Great rivals but could be great friends.... We understand each other.... My Hat is off to the Buckeyes....

HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL AT IT'S BEST!! This is what I LOVE about the game.. Two teams with outstanding TRADITION AND TALENT giving it all on the field for teammates , coaches and community!! Much respect for BOTH teams !! Seems like every year it's Celina or Gilmer ... Not many teams get the opportunity to get on the BIG STAGE time and time again !! What are you guys putting in the water in your respective towns??!!

As a proud KAUFMAN LION fan I look forward to OUR time to be there .. Made it to quarter finals once in our football history and got STOMPED BY .................. Yes CELINA!!! Then KILGORE THEN ARGYLE .... Just saying not many teams get to play in that many big games so BE PROUD YOU EVEN GOT THIS FAR ...

LOOKING FORWARD TO OUR TIME!!! It's coming

+1000!

Gilmer, in my opinion, definitely did not look like the Gilmer I am used to seeing. Pretty conservative for a Gilmer team. I sat on the Celina side because, well, there is no bigger hater of Gilmer than myself. I've said before that if the bux were playing taliban high, I would roll up on a goat, sporting a sweet turbine and donning an allah jersey. And it's not because they annually Ike turner slap my tigers, I just hate them for reasons that have been well stated in the past. I thought after the first 6 minutes of the game though that Celina might be the most overrated team in the state and Gilmer was just being Gilmer which is always damn good. Celina settled down and really took it to the bux on both sides of the ball. If this game had been turnover free on both sides it still would've been Celina advancing. They brought the pain over and over and while they may not have had the speed Gilmer had, it didn't matter. It's gonna be interesting to see what Gilmer does in the coming years. I personally think they'll always be pretty good, but do not feel they'll be the dominant force they've been over the last 10 plus years. Congrats to Celina, thank you for the early Christmas present.

• Like 1

As for all you Gilmer hatin' forum trollin' nerds,, it's amazing how jealousy always rears it's ugly head when a team you hate, but secretly admire finally get's beat, even if it's in the State Semi-finals against one of the best teams in Texas. Like Celina was just a bushel basket better than Gilmer. The comments spewed towards the Buckeyes by several on here, can only be one thing, jealousy spured on by your own hatred because that team kicks your teams butt 90% of the time you have played them. I suppose you just want the Bucks to roll over and play dead when we play you, or a team you went to school at, or one where your nephew plays. LOL it's certainly not true that everybody loves a winner. I guess if it floats your boat and swells your head, and you think it's cute to get on a sports forum and hammer away at a certain team then march on.

I enjoy spouting off against teams like Daingerfield and Gladewater,, long time rivalries, but do so with friendly smack talk. It's funny,, I get my digs in, and they get theirs in and I laugh at theirs, probably more than I do my own. I've jumped on certain posters before for being jerks, but I have "NEVER" and "will" never bash your town, your coaches, your team, or individual players. And I'm not going to jump on anyone personally this morning because the truth is,, you are simply not worth my words. That is the definition of being a clown, a jerk, and an angry bitter person. I hope your happy with yourselves,,, but I doubt it. Hard to be happy when your're so full of yourselves and think nothing of just being you. A jerk.

• Like 1

I can't tell you how proud I am of the 2015 Buckeyes. You guys have been a joy to watch, even through the mistakes, and growing pains you guys were amazing. Friday night, we lost to the best team that night. I felt after the game, that had we played them ten times, the record would be close to 5 - 5. But Friday night, Celina was the best team. Their running game, and our inabillity to get past that Huge offensive line and into the backfield, like we'd done all season, kept getting them big yards on first down. Both sides of their game, their offensive and defensive lines were not only huge,,, but the best we've played all year. We socked them in the mouth for 15 minutes, then field position, and the wind cost us bigtime in the 2nd quarter, and they inched back into the game. After that, it seemed Celina held the momentum for the rest of the game, although the Buckeyes were kinda like a prize fighter, we'd get knocked down, and get back up, score again and keep it close. They managed to give us the knockout punch with that final pick six, but we still kept fighting. Had we of had another two minutes, something tells me we would have came back and won. But we just ran out of time.

Cudos to your Celina kids. Ya'll have a machine over there this year,, and I wish you luck next week. I'll be pullin' for WOS,, not because you guys beat us,, but because of how they played us in the Championship last season, and I honestly felt bad for them, knowing how hard it is to play so well, and still get beat. Maybe this is their season to win it all. But my feeling is, you guys will win it.

Buckeyes, keep your heads up. You exceeded my and most everyone in Gilmer's expectations. Talent wins you a lot of games, but sometimes heart is the biggest factor. Winning with heart may not be as attractive, but when you win that way, after the game, you have a pumped up adreneline feeling that you just don't get when you win by 40-50 points. It took me a while to come down off those highs many times this year. I truly do enjoy watching a team win, not just through sheer talent alone, but because they have a deep belief in themselves, and play hard for 48 minutes, never quitting, never giving up. I just want to express my thanks and gratetude to the team, and coaches for a fantastic season. You entertained us, and won our hearts as much or more than any team we've had in the past 15 years just simply by how you played, and won over adversity many times. I believe that due to how you guys rolled this season, every one of you guys should do very well in life.

Was hard to see one of our top three or four guys get his shoulder hurt in first quarter and not be able to go back in. Kollin Hurt, you amazed me each and every week, and I can't wait til next season to watch you play again. Good luck to Demarco, and all the seniors, no matter if you go on to play football somewhere else, or spend the next four or more years in college, or what ever you decide to do, you sure deserve it.

Another kid that I really admired this year was Jackson Sykes. Man I felt sorry for him getting his knee messed up early in the Hallsville Scrimmage, and never playing a down this season. I have no doubts you would have been one of our best players on defense this year. I was really anxious to see you play this year, but fate looked the other way. But you were one of the best team spirit leaders from the sidelines. All through the game, I watched you step out on the field congratulating the team and players after big plays or TD's. Watched you up and down the sidelines, encouraging, the team, and just being the leader you are. The disappointment you must have felt after the injury had to be hard to take, but you never let it show on the field. Thanks for being that kind of young man.

And to Zac Spears,,, thank you so much for the leadership you showed each and every game. You took a lot of flack this year, but you never let that phase you. You kept getting better as the playoffs went on. I am sure the turnovers hurt you inside,, but your heart, and leadership more than doubled any mistake that fell your way. I saw in you, over the past three weeks, that you sir,, were the heart and soul of this team. You and Demarco picked up the team and carried them on your shoulders. I don't care what anyone else says, you truly exemplified what it means to be a Buckeye. I truly thank you for all you did for the team, and school.

Matt Turner and the rest of the coaching staff. You guys took some heat this year too. I know every coach is going to get second guessed at some point in his career,, but I felt that you did a totally amazing job, coming after the legend that JT had laid down. and with losing so many "great" athletes off last seasons team, then careing the string to 30 games. That was simply amazing. 14 - 1 was an awesome first year. A lot of people may not know how the last 15 years successes, were not due to one mans coaching, but rather, an effort of a bunch of amazing coaching minds together. Thanks for all you guys hard work, and what you do, and what you mean to these kids.

To the whole team,,, thanks for a great season. I expect our 2016 team to be an even better team ,, and challenge them to play with the same kind of intensity, and heart that this 2015 team did, and you will be very successful. Congratulations 2015 Buckeyes,, you should all be proud of what you accomplished this season, as a team, and individually.

• Like 2

I can't tell you how proud I am of the 2015 Buckeyes. You guys have been a joy to watch, even through the mistakes, and growing pains you guys were amazing. Friday night, we lost to the best team that night. I felt after the game, that had we played them ten times, the record would be close to 5 - 5. But Friday night, Celina was the best team. Their running game, and our inabillity to get past that Huge offensive line and into the backfield, like we'd done all season, kept getting them big yards on first down. Both sides of their game, their offensive and defensive lines were not only huge,,, but the best we've played all year. We socked them in the mouth for 15 minutes, then field position, and the wind cost us bigtime in the 2nd quarter, and they inched back into the game. After that, it seemed Celina held the momentum for the rest of the game, although the Buckeyes were kinda like a prize fighter, we'd get knocked down, and get back up, score again and keep it close. They managed to give us the knockout punch with that final pick six, but we still kept fighting. Had we of had another two minutes, something tells me we would have came back and won. But we just ran out of time.

Cudos to your Celina kids. Ya'll have a machine over there this year,, and I wish you luck next week. I'll be pullin' for WOS,, not because you guys beat us,, but because of how they played us in the Championship last season, and I honestly felt bad for them, knowing how hard it is to play so well, and still get beat. Maybe this is their season to win it all. But my feeling is, you guys will win it.

Buckeyes, keep your heads up. You exceeded my and most everyone in Gilmer's expectations. Talent wins you a lot of games, but sometimes heart is the biggest factor. Winning with heart may not be as attractive, but when you win that way, after the game, you have a pumped up adreneline feeling that you just don't get when you win by 40-50 points. It took me a while to come down off those highs many times this year. I truly do enjoy watching a team win, not just through sheer talent alone, but because they have a deep belief in themselves, and play hard for 48 minutes, never quitting, never giving up. I just want to express my thanks and gratetude to the team, and coaches for a fantastic season. You entertained us, and won our hearts as much or more than any team we've had in the past 15 years just simply by how you played, and won over adversity many times. I believe that due to how you guys rolled this season, every one of you guys should do very well in life.

Was hard to see one of our top three or four guys get his shoulder hurt in first quarter and not be able to go back in. Kollin Hurt, you amazed me each and every week, and I can't wait til next season to watch you play again. Good luck to Demarco, and all the seniors, no matter if you go on to play football somewhere else, or spend the next four or more years in college, or what ever you decide to do, you sure deserve it.

Another kid that I really admired this year was Jackson Sykes. Man I felt sorry for him getting his knee messed up early in the Hallsville Scrimmage, and never playing a down this season. I have no doubts you would have been one of our best players on defense this year. I was really anxious to see you play this year, but fate looked the other way. But you were one of the best team spirit leaders from the sidelines. All through the game, I watched you step out on the field congratulating the team and players after big plays or TD's. Watched you up and down the sidelines, encouraging, the team, and just being the leader you are. The disappointment you must have felt after the injury had to be hard to take, but you never let it show on the field. Thanks for being that kind of young man.

And to Zac Spears,,, thank you so much for the leadership you showed each and every game. You took a lot of flack this year, but you never let that phase you. You kept getting better as the playoffs went on. I am sure the turnovers hurt you inside,, but your heart, and leadership more than doubled any mistake that fell your way. I saw in you, over the past three weeks, that you sir,, were the heart and soul of this team. You and Demarco picked up the team and carried them on your shoulders. I don't care what anyone else says, you truly exemplified what it means to be a Buckeye. I truly thank you for all you did for the team, and school.

Matt Turner and the rest of the coaching staff. You guys took some heat this year too. I know every coach is going to get second guessed at some point in his career,, but I felt that you did a totally amazing job, coming after the legend that JT had laid down. and with losing so many "great" athletes off last seasons team, then careing the string to 30 games. That was simply amazing. 14 - 1 was an awesome first year. A lot of people may not know how the last 15 years successes, were not due to one mans coaching, but rather, an effort of a bunch of amazing coaching minds together. Thanks for all you guys hard work, and what you do, and what you mean to these kids.

To the whole team,,, thanks for a great season. I expect our 2016 team to be an even better team ,, and challenge them to play with the same kind of intensity, and heart that this 2015 team did, and you will be very successful. Congratulations 2015 Buckeyes,, you should all be proud of what you accomplished this season, as a team, and individually.

+1000. Great stuff AOB.

• Like 1

I just wanted to say congratulations to the Celina Bobcats. Y'all were certainly as good as advertised. Y'all flipped the script on the Buckeyes by overcoming five turnovers for the win. We had three of our own that were costly, but to win at this stage being in the minus category says a lot about just how good a team the Bobcats are.

This was one of the best games I've ever seen, between two tradition-rich titans that absolutely KNOW how to win. Now, go get NUMBER 9!

I also want to say how proud I am of this year's Buckeye team. They overcame so much adversity, and they simply kept winning regardless. This year's team had as much, if not more, HEART than any other Buckeye team I've seen. Thank you so much for the dedication, hard work, and the never-say-die attitude that you displayed. As a Buckeye fan, the 30-game win streak was an amazingly fun ride, and I look forward to seeing another win streak next year.

No doubt about it, this Buckeye team may have lost, but they went down like CHAMPIONS do. They absolutely NEVER gave up until the final buzzer. Great job, and thanks for the memories! We are STILL "FAMILY"!

• Like 1

Now there's my Gilmer boys, not these new thunder cats on here now. Good game Gilmer and Merry Christmas

These new cats aren't the brightest crayons in the box.....

But the old school Gilmer folk, them and their three combined teeth are good people.

Now there's my Gilmer boys, not these new thunder cats on here now. Good game Gilmer and Merry Christmas

Well..., look what the dogs drug up! I know how much you absolutely HATE the Buckeyes, but I still laugh at your posts. Keep 'em coming...

By the way, Jeff Traylor says, "Hey!" :rofl:

• Like 1