Cameron Yoemen(13-1) vs Mathis Pirates(12-2) State Semi-Final 3AD1

WhosYoeDaddy

3AD1 Region 3 vs Region 4 winner......  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Cameron Yoemen or Mathis Pirates......you pick 'em!

• Cameron Yoemen
    • Mathis Pirates

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We lived close to Mathis last year and am shocked that they are still playing. Doubt seriously that there will be anybody from Mathis joining our discussion and there won't be a huge crowd from Pirate land at the game. Very poor area about 70 per cent hispanic. Just don't see any way they can match the speed and size of Yoe.

Where's all the Mathis folks?? I figured we would get a few in here, at least mix it up a little bit? They don't even have a vote yet?

Hey Mathis fans..........Cameron had 4,000+ fans at the last game. Hope ya'll are ready to yell loud, because the Yoe Nation is a LARGE and CRAZY group!! This pic is from halftime. The whole band is gone, and a ton of people are at the concession stand getting hot chocolate down at the left side. Here we come!! Are you ready for this??

im43a1.jpg

See ya Friday!!

GO YOE!!

And we were the visitors do no people who just wanted to watch a great game. They usually sit on the home side. WE ARE YOE NATION! We follow our teams win or lose

Well, the talking begins. I will be the first to represent Mathis on these forums. Concerning the game, could be a better game than most expect. I am sure most of the state anticipates Yoe to roll over Mathis. If the Pirates execute their offense and minimize turnovers, I really don't see Yoe stopping the Mathis rushing attack. Yoe looks like they bring a lot of fans to the game, just hope not all of their are as cocky as some of the posts I have read, they could be in for some tears after the game. This is just the intro, will have more to discuss as the week goes on...

Go Pirates!!!

http://www.caller.com/sports/high-school/football/gibson-ii-steps-up-to-lead-mathis-into-state-quarters-25ca078b-b02c-18fb-e053-0100007fca57-360215261.html

Gibson and Flores will lead the way. Hard running and smashmouth football. Yoe better be ready, Mathis doesn't play flag football, players are gonna get hit. Doesn't matter if you know Mathis is gonna run, question is can the "Yoemen" stop it from happening. Gonna be fun, good luck to both teams.

Go Pirates!!! Seek and Destroy!!!

You won't be able to run on the Yoe all game. Teague had one of the best rushing attacks....you can put Brock, mineola, and the Yoe all in the same boat with Teague but sorry Mathis I hope Yall have a passing game BC if not it will be the same feeling heading home that us Teague folks felt. Yoe is a 4th quarter team....we had the lead last two years going into fourth quarter and laid a goose egg both years. Your in for a battle of your lives and I'm predicting Mathis just isn't there yet. Region 3 is a lot better football then 4

Yoe-42

Mathis-14

http://www.caller.com/sports/high-school/football/gibson-ii-steps-up-to-lead-mathis-into-state-quarters-25ca078b-b02c-18fb-e053-0100007fca57-360215261.html

Gibson and Flores will lead the way. Hard running and smashmouth football. Yoe better be ready, Mathis doesn't play flag football, players are gonna get hit. Doesn't matter if you know Mathis is gonna run, question is can the "Yoemen" stop it from happening. Gonna be fun, good luck to both teams.

Go Pirates!!! Seek and Destroy!!!

We're excited to play Mathis. A new team is always a challenge. But in this article, they said they are going to wear the Yormen down? They haven't paid much attention to the past few games, the Yoemen just don't quit. And the further in the game the stronger they get. I can promise you, Malokoff , Grandview and Teague were strong, hard hitting teams. Grandview was FAST, Teague's defensive line was STRONG. This Yoe team has been tested. I think they'll be ready for anything Mathis brings

Looking forward to this one.

This will be the first slot-t team Cameron has seen since Florence. However, Cameron does have a lot of experience with this offense as Troy and Lago Vista had both ran it up until this year.

At the end of the day:

1. Can Mathis slow down a dual threat attack. This will be the best offense Mathis has seen all season.

2. How does the Yoe defensive front fair. Mathis may chunk one or two down the field, but that is not their game. The Yoemen know what will be coming at them.

If both teams play up to their capabilities, the Yoemen should win. Some may say a let down may be something to worry about, but at this point in the playoffs, along with playing at a stadium like DKR and the coaching staff that Cameron has, I just don't see that happening.

Cameron Yoe by 21.

Looking forward to this one.

This will be the first slot-t team Cameron has seen since Florence. However, Cameron does have a lot of experience with this offense as Troy and Lago Vista had both ran it up until this year.

At the end of the day:

1. Can Mathis slow down a dual threat attack. This will be the best offense Mathis has seen all season.

2. How does the Yoe defensive front fair. Mathis may chunk one or two down the field, but that is not their game. The Yoemen know what will be coming at them.

If both teams play up to their capabilities, the Yoemen should win. Some may say a let down may be something to worry about, but at this point in the playoffs, along with playing at a stadium like DKR and the coaching staff that Cameron has, I just don't see that happening.

Cameron Yoe by 21.

The keys for Mathis to have a chance in this game is to not give up the big play. Their defense can bend but it can't break. Their best defensive strategy will be to keep the Yoemen offense off the field. To be honest, Mathis will not throw a pass if they don't have too. Against Hitchcock, they scored a rushing touchdown on every possession and ate up a lot of clock. They had no turnovers and minimal penalties. Four and five yard runs in the first half turned into 8 and 9 yard runs in the 4th quarter. A repeat performance is what is needed. If Mathis can keep it close into the 4th quarter, they have a shot. These boys are playing hard. Right now Mathis (in about everyone's opinion, even Region IV) is over-achieving, so the pressure is more on Cameron Yoe not to lose to a Mathis team than it is for Mathis to pull the upset. If all things fall into place:

Mathis - 35

Cameron Yoe - 28

http://www.caller.com/sports/high-school/football/mathis-runs-way-into-state-semifinals-2607c2e8-65b2-6a39-e053-0100007f8441-360656521.html

To "WhosYoeDaddy"

I am glad to provide the discourse and a little trash talk. I might be the only Mathis fan that will be on this forum. In all honesty, Cameron Yoe is the "Goliath" and Mathis has a few stones in the pocket. If Mathis played Yoe 10 times, I am sure Yoe beats them 9 out of 10, but we just need that one game for it all to come together. Sling that stone right at the sweet spot. I am excited about the match-up and will not take anything away from Yoe. It isn't an accident they are the 3 time defending champs. Just got a gut feeling Mathis brings their "A" game and surprises some folks.

Teams don't just get to the State Semi-Final game by accident, they earn it. Every team we have played knows that we have a rushing attack, and yet they are unable to stop it. I am more than sure that Yoe is as dominant as they appear, but they better bring their A game. The team that minimizes penalties and turnovers should prevail. Good Luck to both team. Hoping for a great game on both sides.

• Like 1