Cameron Yoemen(13-1) vs Mathis Pirates(12-2) State Semi-Final 3AD1

WhosYoeDaddy

3AD1 Region 3 vs Region 4 winner......  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Cameron Yoemen or Mathis Pirates......you pick 'em!

• Cameron Yoemen
    • Mathis Pirates

Mathis should not be in this game. They had no business beating Edna. It was a "full moon" type of night, with every break, bounce of the ball and with the help of some horrible officiating they escaped with a 2 point overtime win. Edna had over 500 yards of offense and scored 39 points (should have been 50+).Yoe is better on offense than Edna. There is no way Mathis even slows down the Yoeman. Mathis will move the ball and they are physical, but this will not be a game.

Yoe 63

Mathis 27

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No business beating Edna huh? It's called Football. Maybe Edna should have played better football game. You can never let a game come down to the calls the Ref's made. They are only human. It wasn't exactly a blowout on Edna's part if they were that good. But you guy's can watch from the sidelines now and root for Cameron.

I havnt seen Cameron or Mathis play. But Yoe seems to keep on grinding out the wins.

I definitely don't think any team at this point is just lucky ! They definitely have some skilled players to be where they are. It will just depend if they can put it together and play mistake free.

This far along in the playoffs it's mistakes that loses games.

I was at the Edna game, trust me, there is a reason Edna is playing basketball right now. The playoffs come down to making the big plays when they count. Mathis made the plays, Edna didn't. There was no luck involved. It isn't luck when Mathis is breaking 20 yard, 30 yard or 40 yard runs, some for TD's. Edna played their hearts out, maybe we meet again next year and the cards play differently.

I could come up with a million reasons why the Yoemen will be successful Friday

Our preseason schedule is always brutal. We play up

We have a balanced ground and air attack

Our defense is awesome. Period.

Our coaches make the best half time adjustments than any other staff in the state

We are a fourth quarter team.

Experience- this can never be understated

And this team is humble. Yeah, we have a hot head who will get a penelty or two. But the coach is working on him. . But when you see the 3 time state champs roll up to DKR Stadium on Friday, there where be 3 yellow buses- not charters, nothing fancy. And it's not because the school can't afford it. It's to keep them humble. Gotta love Rick Rhoades and his coaching staff

• Like 1

I could come up with a million reasons why the Yoemen will be successful Friday

Our preseason schedule is always brutal. We play up

We have a balanced ground and air attack

Our defense is awesome. Period.

Our coaches make the best half time adjustments than any other staff in the state

We are a fourth quarter team.

Experience- this can never be understated

And this team is humble. Yeah, we have a hot head who will get a penelty or two. But the coach is working on him. . But when you see the 3 time state champs roll up to DKR Stadium on Friday, there where be 3 yellow buses- not charters, nothing fancy. And it's not because the school can't afford it. It's to keep them humble. Gotta love Rick Rhoades and his coaching staff

So yesterday afternoon a young man calls in to ESPN Waco radio's "You Make The Call" talking about how he's been to all these good big high school football games this season, but none as great as the Yoe-Teague game, despite the fact that it was marred by dropped passes and missed tackles and a couple bad officiating calls... Then he goes on to make the point that Yoe has a talented WR who makes some great plays, but turns right around around and commits some of the most bone-headed penalties and yanks his helmet off on the field... What I'M sayin' is, that when some neutral party makes the effort to call in to a radio show and brag on your team, but feels it necessary to highlight the bad behavior of one of your players - and let's be honest, this has been going on ALL SEASON - it kinda stands out as an issue. Hell, i saw Teague fans last week talking about how they were looking forward to picking up a free fifteen yards or two on Yoe. When it gets to the point that it's essentially expected to happen...

Where's all the Mathis folks?? I figured we would get a few in here, at least mix it up a little bit? They don't even have a vote yet?

Hey Mathis fans..........Cameron had 4,000+ fans at the last game. Hope ya'll are ready to yell loud, because the Yoe Nation is a LARGE and CRAZY group!! This pic is from halftime. The whole band is gone, and a ton of people are at the concession stand getting hot chocolate down at the left side. Here we come!! Are you ready for this??

im43a1.jpg

See ya Friday!!

GO YOE!!

I think Waco ISD Stadium is gonna miss us the rest of the season. Last Friday, a guard actually told me, "We need to just paint an oYe on the 50 yard line." And that was BEFORE the game...

And we were the visitors do no people who just wanted to watch a great game. They usually sit on the home side. WE ARE YOE NATION! We follow our teams win or lose

Did you notice all the letter jackets in our stands from OTHER schools around the area? We even had ROCKDALE TIGERS there to support our boys! RESPECT.

We're excited to play Mathis. A new team is always a challenge. But in this article, they said they are going to wear the Yormen down? They haven't paid much attention to the past few games, the Yoemen just don't quit. And the further in the game the stronger they get. I can promise you, Malokoff , Grandview and Teague were strong, hard hitting teams. Grandview was FAST, Teague's defensive line was STRONG. This Yoe team has been tested. I think they'll be ready for anything Mathis brings

Malakoff goes up 32-7 on us - What happens? Next week, people are picking Teague over us. Teague rolls off 21 consecutive. What happens? This week, people are saying MATHIS is going to wear us down??? They keep disrespecting us - We just keep sittin' 'em down...

The keys for Mathis to have a chance in this game is to not give up the big play. Their defense can bend but it can't break. Their best defensive strategy will be to keep the Yoemen offense off the field. To be honest, Mathis will not throw a pass if they don't have too. Against Hitchcock, they scored a rushing touchdown on every possession and ate up a lot of clock. They had no turnovers and minimal penalties. Four and five yard runs in the first half turned into 8 and 9 yard runs in the 4th quarter. A repeat performance is what is needed. If Mathis can keep it close into the 4th quarter, they have a shot. These boys are playing hard. Right now Mathis (in about everyone's opinion, even Region IV) is over-achieving, so the pressure is more on Cameron Yoe not to lose to a Mathis team than it is for Mathis to pull the upset. If all things fall into place:

Mathis - 35

Cameron Yoe - 28

http://www.caller.com/sports/high-school/football/mathis-runs-way-into-state-semifinals-2607c2e8-65b2-6a39-e053-0100007f8441-360656521.html

I will say this: Get all over social media, call your local radio stations, put up flyers, whatever - Tell your people they need to get on the road Friday afternoon and come support their boys! When else you gonna get into a game at DKR for $10??? Your boys have worked their butts off to earn this, and they deserve your support and appreciation! Y'all come on and let's have us a TEXAS HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL GAME! This is for a ticket to the THE Big Dance in Houston, baby!

So yesterday afternoon a young man calls in to ESPN Waco radio's "You Make The Call" talking about how he's been to all these good big high school football games this season, but none as great as the Yoe-Teague game, despite the fact that it was marred by dropped passes and missed tackles and a couple bad officiating calls... Then he goes on to make the point that Yoe has a talented WR who makes some great plays, but turns right around around and commits some of the most bone-headed penalties and yanks his helmet off on the field... What I'M sayin' is, that when some neutral party makes the effort to call in to a radio show and brag on your team, but feels it necessary to highlight the bad behavior of one of your players - and let's be honest, this has been going on ALL SEASON - it kinda stands out as an issue. Hell, i saw Teague fans last week talking about how they were looking forward to picking up a free fifteen yards or two on Yoe. When it gets to the point that it's essentially expected to happen...

You shouldn't be named Yoe pride punk.

Excuse me if I insist on honor in representing my alma mater, not to mention intelligence and level-headedness. To let anyone provoke you to any sort of response in this game with insignificant words or deeds is a sign of WEAKNESS, and it undermines everyone else's hard work.

• Like 1

To the Mathis fans that posted in this forum, just curious here, what happen to this great rushing attack against Refugio??...and your defense??

They had a few injuries in that game so they werent 100% Not saying it would have changed the outcome but hey. I don't see this being close at all good luck to both teams.

Concerning the Refugio game, they had the better team that night and made some big plays that broke the game open. That was about 13 weeks ago, i would not bet on using that game to measure how the team is clicking now. Looking forward to watching how this plays out.

Go Pirates!!! Seek and Destroy!!!

[/quote

At this point in the season, he needs to get his head on straight. One of his stupid penalties could cost us the game. He knows better and I know it's a pain in the backside for Coach Rhodes. His teammates will cover for him. Go Yoe!