4A Div I State Semi-Finals: Carthage (11-3) vs Waco La Vega (14-0)

Dawg7031

Carthage vs Waco La Vega  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Who will advance?

• Carthage Bulldogs
    • La Vega Pirates

The Dawgs believe, coach S believes, and I hope the fans believe. The Dawgs have played all year with players injuried and are still scoring 50 points a game and winning. The O line will protect J B and make lanes to run through. The D line, twin tower Defensive ends, and hard hitting linebackers will make the big stop when needed. They can not stop our passing game. This will be another slobber knocker against a team that will try and run the ball and consume the clock. We have The best coaches in the state, they will have the Dawgs ready to play. The storm is still building and it will not stop gaining strength until it gets to Houston. Dawgs by 10. God Bless players, coaches, and fans. Colmesniel for once you have made a wise choice. We Believe in the Dawgs !!!!!!

Maybe the people talking about how BIG Waco La Vega is should have been at the Carthage/Silsbee game last night. You got NO idea. Their whole line was ENORMOUS and so was their quarterback. took 4 of our guys to tackle one of theirs. I don't think they come much bigger than Silsbee unless La Vega is doing some hefty recruiting. They also had a weak strength of schedule in my opinion. Unless you think the perennial powerhouse of China Spring is tough to bring down.

Maybe the people talking about how BIG Waco La Vega is should have been at the Carthage/Silsbee game last night. You got NO idea. Their whole line was ENORMOUS and so was their quarterback. took 4 of our guys to tackle one of theirs. I don't think they come much bigger than Silsbee unless La Vega is doing some hefty recruiting. They also had a weak strength of schedule in my opinion. Unless you think the perennial powerhouse of China Spring is tough to bring down.

I'll admit I don't know anything except the highlights I saw on the Internet. But nothing on their schedule jumped out at me and made me think "wow, this is an elite team". I really don't know what to expect.
  • Like 1

Im leaning Carthage. They have really taken it to another level the last few weeks.

I just wonder if that's going to catch up with us? I don't think anybody has had a tougher road in the playoffs. This team has played out of their mind the last 4 weeks. Turnovers are the only thing that concerns me, but we keep overcoming those too. It's like nothing I've ever seen.