4A Div I State Semi-Finals: Carthage (11-3) vs Waco La Vega (14-0)

Dawg7031

Carthage vs Waco La Vega  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Who will advance?

• Carthage Bulldogs
    • La Vega Pirates

A blessing in disguise was when a WR spot came open, and thus #3 is getting more looks. #1and #3 are running some great routes. Those two guys' quickness and route running will give Carthage a chance to put more yardage on LV than any team this year. And hopefully more points

A blessing in disguise was when a WR spot came open, and thus #3 is getting more looks. #1and #3 are running some great routes. Those two guys' quickness and route running will give Carthage a chance to put more yardage on LV than any team this year. And hopefully more points

Great point! #3 may not be on college recruiting radars yet, but he does run crisp routes which allows him to get space to make plays. That takes pressure off of #1 and #8. Defensive coordinators must account for all of them because we can score with all three.

I am trying to find out how have La Vega forced 6 turnovers gainst China Springs and only scored 20 points, must have been a great defensive battle. Williams(La Vega's quarterback) was 11 for 12 for 133 yards, those are similar numbers that Silsbee had in passing yardage. I do not believe that La Vega's running game only will be enough against the Carthage defense, Silsbee was tough with there running game but that was not enough to win. La Vega's defense is their strength and our offense has been able to put up enough points in the last few games, I hope we can keep scoring and put the game in the hands of the young La Vega quarterback to have to try and beat our defense. Carthage has a strong group of seniors that have experience playing in the big games, experience deep in the playoffs will make a big difference and should be an advantage for Carthage. As much as they are saying about La Vega's defense, I am not ashamed of the way our guys have managed to win battles on the defensive side of the ball. If Carthage can minimize turnovers, La Vega cannot keep us out of the end zone and I believe that will give us the edge to win by 10 to 14. I do not believe that this game will be a game that either team will score in the 40s or 50s, La Vega will try to control the clock with the running game. We must come up quick and make the big hits on their running backs, if they are able to make it past our front line. We must continue our quest to the championship game and not let them have continued success, they have not played a big game like this since 2008. I will be proud to be in the stands supporting Carthage, go Dawgs!

Waskom is not Carthage or Gilmer yet but we are already gaining haters lol.

If you win the championship game(s) and start having success, the hater line seems to get longer. Everyone wants to beat the best of the best, consider the hate to be a compliment. Lol

Vega is big,fast and young from what I've seen. The youth part could hurt them this week.

If someway, somehow the dawgs could get up by a few scores la vega youth factor could help us, considering they haven't experienced defeat this year....wishful thinking i suppose lol

Nice dodge...

Carthage don't get upset if I pick someone other than Carthage. I think La Vega would have given Navasota fits as well. Our defense lost several all- state defensive players before the playoffs and it showed. Our defensive line was undersized and had problems stopping the run game. La Vega and Argyle defensive are the best defensive teams left in the playoffs. Both will be hard to move the all on. That is an honest assessment and if that offends you.......sorry. If Carthage wins I will see you at NRG. I will let you know what I am wearing and we can meet up and hash out football.

Carthage don't get upset if I pick someone other than Carthage. I think La Vega would have given Navasota fits as well. Our defense lost several all- state defensive players before the playoffs and it showed. Our defensive line was undersized and had problems stopping the run game. La Vega and Argyle defensive are the best defensive teams left in the playoffs. Both will be hard to move the all on. That is an honest assessment and if that offends you.......sorry. If Carthage wins I will see you at NRG. I will let you know what I am wearing and we can meet up and hash out football.

Deal! I had the pleasure of meeting Kildogdad at the Silsbee game, & look forward to meeting others as the opportunities arise. Oh, and No offense taken; just being a smart A--!😜
  • Like 2

Just a heads up Dean. When you meet up with 77 don't menton anything about #$%& cuz it is off limits!