4A Div I State Semi-Finals: Carthage (11-3) vs Waco La Vega (14-0)

Dawg7031

Carthage vs Waco La Vega  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Who will advance?

• Carthage Bulldogs
    • La Vega Pirates

Thanks, Scottie; We Carthaginians have a history of overcoming insurmountable odds to attain Victory. More often than not, we are The UnderDawgs!

+1000.......another great set of match-ups this week 77! Since you prevailed against the reigning Champs from Navasota in very much a championship level contest for the ages, and for other reasons, I give you the nod in this one as well against another very worthy opponent! Here is to no injuries, great conditions, and lifetimes of memories (a given at this juncture)!

Maybe it's just nerves, but after seeing how Kilgore's QB ran on us the way he did, my greatest concern is Parrish Cobb. He is the Prime Mover for LaVega & Must be contained.

I think we can contain him. Well i hope so. One of my closest friends and Cobb's mom are first cousins and I had a lil fun back and forth with the two earlier this week on facebook. He's a great athlete and I look forward to seeing him on Saturdays, but I think we own Friday night.

If the DB's for Vega play like they did on the film I saw - no technique and all ability - Little Belichek will be able to 'combo route' them and get several open looks.

I agree. They have all the athletic ability in the world, and against lesser competition they can get away with it. But I think tonight they see a better arm from QB and more crisp routes than they have seen all year. Plus Surratt and OC will confuse their coverage by changing up formations. #10 throws for 300 yards and 3TD's. Dawgs win 35-31!