4A Div I State Semi-Finals: Carthage (11-3) vs Waco La Vega (14-0)

Dawg7031

Carthage vs Waco La Vega  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Who will advance?

• Carthage Bulldogs
    • La Vega Pirates

Yes this is correct. I don't worry about respect, or anything like that. I just don't know when Carthage will be considered the favorite. Don't really care, cause the Dawgs have only been the favorite 1 out of 4 years. We have played the toughest competition in the playoffs, and won those games in spectacular fashion. I think people never get over seeing the losses on the record. When you see 13 or 14-0 on that record up against a 10-2 or 11-3 team, people just can't process it. Carthage is not Gilmer! Or some other team that goes 10-0 every season. We LOSE games early. Just the way it is. That will not change. But when we get rolling like we are now, it's something special to see. Prolly one of the craziest things in HS football anywhere. We are a lucky fan base to see it. The Dawgs leave a trail of debris a mile wide as they go! No different this year. Anybody that wants a state championship of Xmas better get on the bandwagon!

You forgot to add that we "don't care if we win or lose Those games because they DON'T MATTER!" :p

Don't sweat the lack of credit OR respect, CDAWG68... The Carthage Bulldogs are ALWAYS the under dog! A lot of people already Know how good the Dawgs are, & the rest just have to be reminded from time to time! That makes each victory that much sweeter, IMO! Go DAWGS!!!

I know that we have been the under dog and we have to prove ourself each game, haters are going to hate us. He gave his opinion and I simply gave mine, life goes on for sure. Go Dawgs!

Folks will say we "Kilt 'em" when it's over! :P

That's it. Regal, having just watched "that" movie, is now going to go into an extended commentary on same! As you know, Regal is a detail guy and will doubtfully leave a single scene of that show he recently saw for the first time unanalyzed here! He who laughs last laughs best 77!

Don't sweat the lack of credit OR respect, CDAWG68... The Carthage Bulldogs are ALWAYS the under dog! A lot of people already Know how good the Dawgs are, & the rest just have to be reminded from time to time! That makes each victory that much sweeter, IMO! Go DAWGS!!!

Carthage is actually a 6 point favorite in the Harris poll this week

That's it. Regal, having just watched "that" movie, is now going to go into an extended commentary on same! As you know, Regal is a detail guy and will doubtfully leave a scene of that show he recently saw for the first time unanalyzed here! He who laughs last laughs best 77!

:p

Carthage is actually a 6 point favorite in the Harris poll this week

Shocking!😱😆

In all actuality we kept Navasota in the game with mistakes. It should've been a mini blowout IMO. Carthage was the superior team without a doubt. We let them back in the game to take a 34-19 lead after a bunch of mistakes. We score a TD before half. Then on the first play of the 2nd half Sota QB throws up a prayer that goes 94 yards on 1 play to put us back down 2 scores. Then the Dawgs came around! 98% of teams would have folded up like a cheap tent. Carthage rattled off 28 straight points.

http://www.maxpreps.com/local/team/videos.aspx?gendersport=boys,football&schoolid=3e1efaed-e0b3-4b2d-bb5c-951046516135&videoid=60972d5f-d541-4164-85f7-3757d246b0ba Is this the prayer you were talking about.

Yes that last one. Tight coverage, safety help which should have been over the top (played the ball). Shoulda been picked. But in the highlights I've seen Dickson has made that same play a buncha times. That's why he is going to Baylor.

I'm your Huckleberry...

That raises an interesting and perhaps a vexing question Dawg. Should it play out that y'all are indeed a huckleberry over our persimmon, as the archaic saying went, where does a buckeye fit in to that analogy? We are likely gonna have to turn to UnclePig or mebbe jackpots for the answer to this one. But there remains unfinished business prior to that

question even coming into legitimate play!

huckleberry-picking-upper-clackamas-oreg

Persimmon-Nightingale-A--837.jpeg

buckeye.gif????

That raises an interesting and perhaps a vexing question Dawg. Should it play out that y'all are indeed a huckleberry over our persimmon, as the archaic saying went, where does a buckeye fit in to that analogy? We are likely gonna have to turn to UnclePig or mebbe jackpots for the answer to this one. But there remains unfinished business prior to that

question even coming into legitimate play!

huckleberry-picking-upper-clackamas-oreg

Persimmon-Nightingale-A--837.jpeg

buckeye.gif????

"Why, Johnny Ringo(Scottie)... You look like someone just Walked on your Grave!....."

"Why, Johnny Ringo(Scottie)... You look like someone just Walked on your Grave!....."

As you well know 77, to be the champs you gotta be able to get past the defending champs like y'all did this year, and also play a lot of the best in the process in these playoffs! It's a challenge and a privilege at the same time. That has also been the philosophy and goal of this young man and it seems that of our Coach Rodgers as well!:

https://youtu.be/s9hvCMZpk_U