Mineola vs. Brock - State Semifinals

chevyman

Mineola vs Brock  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

I am interested to see how this one turns out. I would say the consensus will say Brock is the favorite, but who knows. I have not seen either or these teams this year, so it is hard for me to give my opinion. I know Brock has had little to no problems all year. Mineola had their scare against Whitesboro, but seems to be playing well as of late.

Last year, I would say Mineola's toughest games to state were Pottsboro and Pilot Point, which were in region II.

Brock ended up rolling over Wall. The game was close at half and Wall was without their QB in the final two quarters. Seems like Brock overwhelmed Shallowater as well.

Anyone seen both of these teams?

I was at the Wall vs Brock game so I can give a few thoughts. Brock is no doubt the real deal. They execute just about perfectly on both sides of the ball. Other than one questionable personal foul on one of Brock's linebackers I'm not sure they had any other penalties. They only threw the ball about five times and connected on 3-4 of them, one for a touchdown. Their O-line and receivers block extremely well giving their running backs nice holes. Their running backs are also really fast. Maybe not as fast as some East Texas teams this year, but I think the fastest team to come out of the region in a while. Faster than the Wall squads from the past couple of years. Their defense may be the best part about them though, one of the best defenses I have seen personally at this level. Very aggressive and tackle well one on one in the open field.

I have only seen video of Mineola on Hudl and Maxpreps so I can't judge for certain, but the teams look pretty similar in the way they play. I think it will be a pretty close game, but if Mineola makes mistakes Brock will run away with it.

I'll take Brock by 10.

I was at the Wall vs Brock game so I can give a few thoughts. Brock is no doubt the real deal. They execute just about perfectly on both sides of the ball. Other than one questionable personal foul on one of Brock's linebackers I'm not sure they had any other penalties. They only threw the ball about five times and connected on 3-4 of them, one for a touchdown. Their O-line and receivers block extremely well giving their running backs nice holes. Their running backs are also really fast. Maybe not as fast as some East Texas teams this year, but I think the fastest team to come out of the region in a while. Faster than the Wall squads from the past couple of years. Their defense may be the best part about them though, one of the best defenses I have seen personally at this level. Very aggressive and tackle well one on one in the open field.

I have only seen video of Mineola on Hudl and Maxpreps so I can't judge for certain, but the teams look pretty similar in the way they play. I think it will be a pretty close game, but if Mineola makes mistakes Brock will run away with it.

I'll take Brock by 10.

Interesting. How much on an impact did the Wall QB going out have an impact on that game?

Unless Shallowater could throw, then I'm not sure if Brock has seen a legitimate passing game all year. After watching Mineola last year, I felt that they could be really strong with improvements in their passing game. How is the Mineola passing attack this season?

Interesting. How much on an impact did the Wall QB going out have an impact on that game?

Unless Shallowater could throw, then I'm not sure if Brock has seen a legitimate passing game all year. After watching Mineola last year, I felt that they could be really strong with improvements in their passing game. How is the Mineola passing attack this season?

It did have a slight impact. Wall had more false starts in the 2nd half, and the backup wasnt quite as big or fast. That being said I don't think Wall had a chance even with a healthy QB, and this is coming from someone who wanted Wall to win. As far as the passing game you're right. I dont think they have faced a really strong passing team. Shallowater is pretty balanced but they do run more I believe. I think Mineola QB is 70 something for 130 something and over 1000 yards so they can pass when they need to. The same with Brock. They just haven't had to yet.

It did have a slight impact. Wall had more false starts in the 2nd half, and the backup wasnt quite as big or fast. That being said I don't think Wall had a chance even with a healthy QB, and this is coming from someone who wanted Wall to win. As far as the passing game you're right. I dont think they have faced a really strong passing team. Shallowater is pretty balanced but they do run more I believe. I think Mineola QB is 70 something for 130 something and over 1000 yards so they can pass when they need to. The same with Brock. They just haven't had to yet.

Good deal. How would you compare this Wall team to the Wall team from 2013?

I do believe the Jackets have hit their peak at the right time. Against Sunnyvale they played their best game since Shallowater last year. Underestimate them at your own peril. Just keep this in mind, Brock will be playing their hardest game they have ever played. The Jackets will be ready. 530 yards on the ground.....stop it if your can. http://etsn.fm/mineolas-jeremiah-crawford-chantz-perkins-run-wild-in-regional-championship-win-against-sunnyvale/ Sunny was averaging 47 per game, held to 28....7 points in first half on 93 yards total. 28 points is a tie for season low for them.....a win against RO life and a loss to....EUSTACE 45-28. Co-inky dink! I think not. :)

I do believe the Jackets have hit their peak at the right time. Against Sunnyvale they played their best game since Shallowater last year. Underestimate them at your own peril. Just keep this in mind, Brock will be playing their hardest game they have ever played. The Jackets will be ready. 530 yards on the ground.....stop it if your can. http://etsn.fm/mineolas-jeremiah-crawford-chantz-perkins-run-wild-in-regional-championship-win-against-sunnyvale/ Sunny was averaging 47 per game, held to 28....7 points in first half on 93 yards total. 28 points is a tie for season low for them.....a win against RO life and a loss to....EUSTACE 45-28. Co-inky dink! I think not. :)

I think it will be a great game. Same can be said for shallowater, they were averaging 50 pts per game and were held to 10, 3 most of the game.