Mineola vs. Brock - State Semifinals

chevyman

Mineola vs Brock  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Looking forward to a great game! How many opportunities have you ever had to watch #1 verses #2? In anything? This will be a blast. Two 14- 0 teams playing for a chance to go to the Championship. I bet both stands will be full of fans from near and far!

Can you imagine what it must be like to be a player in a #1 verses #2 game? How fun would that be!

Go Jackets!

Did Brock just have an off game when they beat Breckenridge 20-17? I know its hard to play your best every week. Only close call they have had

That is the only game in unsure of. I have no clue how Breck was almost able to beat them. I know if Brock plays like they did against Breck they will get beat by 20.

I see it didn't take Brock long to become a football power too.

There are more than a few communities that need to put their entire Administration Team and the School Board on a yellow dog and send them to Brock and do not let them come home until they figure out how to do it the way Brock does (if they do not get it within 48 hours they do not need to come home, it is not hard).

• Like 2

There are more than a few communities that need to put their entire Administration Team and the School Board on a yellow dog and send them to Brock and do not let them come home until they figure out how to do it the way Brock does (if they do not get it within 48 hours they do not need to come home, it is not hard).

Brock does it right from the top down. Great city with a great administration and a great overall athletic program. Very impressive on all levels.

• Like 1

Don't think anybody will be "underestimating" any team at this point in the season. But, both of these teams are for real. May be the State Champion is the winner of this game. Yoe is not the Yoe of the past three years and it may be time for the mighty to fall.

Yoe of 2015 is better than Yoe of 2014. You can take that to the bank. Not saying that is a guarantee of another state title, but this is a more complete team all around.

Wow. I hope you are wrong and the deposit bounces!

All I can say it that number 14 was unbelievable in the State Championship last year, your Senior Quarterback should be a doctor one day, as I believe that was his goal in life. He was awesome. So, to say that you are a better team is quiet a statement IMO. Overall possibly, but wow, to replace those guys would be very difficult.

Go Jackets.

Well this should be a fun game. Both teams come in undefeated and very confident. Brock is averaging 58 points a game on offense and allowing 7 on defense. Mineola is averaging 40 points on offense and allowing 13 on defense. As of right now almost 70% have picked Brock to win, even our own Dist. mates(et tu snuffy?) don't think the Jackets will win.

But here is why I think the Jackets will. They are on a mission and the Eagles are in the way this week just like Sunnyvale was last week. Like I said previous, now the games have higher stakes and Brock has never been here before. And this ain't roundball. After watching Sunny play White Oak I saw some things that I hoped the Jackets could take advantage of, and they did take full advantage of them.

So this week Brock. I would have liked to have been able to see the Eagles in person, video doesn't give a real sense of speed of a team that you can get standing by the fence. But after watching video on the Eagles thru the season and especially last week against Shallowater(after seeing them last year) here is what I see. Brock D is very aggressive to the RB. If they do that against the Jackets #8 will set a state record for yardage rushing from line of scrimmage. But then if you key on #8 there goes #9 bye bye. And if you throw in some reverses you will see a Jacket strolling to the house all alone. Mineola beat Sunnyvale last week with the most vanilla game plan that they have had all season long. Run it down their throat cause that's how they lost to EUSTACE.(MK13 where you at? :P) Ya'll think ya might loan out that cannon, it didn't get used very much last week.

Anyway, I'm sure some will say Brock wins, just look at the numbers they are putting up. It means nothing this Friday. The Jackets will bulldoze their way thru the Eagles 42-28. Book it. ;)

P.S. If Brock played Mineola's schedule they would have been 7-3. (losses to Winnsboro,Wills Point,and White Oak).

Wow. I hope you are wrong and the deposit bounces!

All I can say it that number 14 was unbelievable in the State Championship last year, your Senior Quarterback should be a doctor one day, as I believe that was his goal in life. He was awesome. So, to say that you are a better team is quiet a statement IMO. Overall possibly, but wow, to replace those guys would be very difficult.

Go Jackets.

Yes, don't get me wrong, those two and a few others were key players. Sims was an exceptional talent, and though the QB only had one year as a starter, played well throughout the entire playoffs. I just feel if you look at all the positions, you would have to point to this team being stronger overall.

• Like 1

If you are 1-dimensional at this point in the year, it'll be tough to score against the best. The comments that say "they can throw, they just haven't had to" might as well read "if we were any good at throwing, we'd have a double edged sword." Ask Teague

Waskom didn't get this memo last year!! Not as single pass thrown by the Wildcats in the SC game. Just sayin!!

Waskom didn't get this memo last year!! Not as single pass thrown by the Wildcats in the SC game. Just sayin!!

Lucky for them they didnt play Cameron.

The rumors are true Smoaky

this years Yoe team is better.....................but

the competition has been stiffer this year

These kids beat Malakoff, Teague, and Grandview!!!!

I know it hurts but.....................

we won our 4th against Teague

See ya guys next year........

I am constantly amused by the comments of folks that talk about how you need to be "multi-dimensional" or "balanced". I bet the average number of passes thrown in all playoff games from 3A down this past weekend would be ten or even less per team. So out of roughly 60 offensive snaps less than 1/6 of them are passes yet you always have people talking about how you cannot just run the ball.

A few years ago Liberty Hill completely PANTSED a good Gilmer team in the Title Game and they too never threw one pass. They called a pass but the QB ran for twenty yards instead of throwing it. LOL

The ONLY thing teams need to do to win is DO WHAT THEY DO and not turn the ball over and keep their defense off the field.

• Like 1

Stats aside, In my 50+ yrs of watching the high school pigskin I have not seen the line of scrimmage controlled like Mineola does on both sides of the ball. They are some serious Clydesdales who time after time were making takedown blocks and making tackles while being blocked . The tandem of #8 and #9 will have Brock guessing and chasing all night, even after hitting them they were tough. We did not have the strong D stats that Brock or Mineola had but our D had improved greatly and were making plays along the way, they were part of why our Raiders went 4 rounds deep. It is impossible to make tackles when you have 300+lbs pinning you to the turf,. When they got the edge with the lead blockers it was next to impossible to get off the blocks to have a chance to contain them. This will be a tough game and even though this is Brocks second season of football, they are seasoned in the round ball playoffs and will bring it to Minny.

GW63, the cannon will remain in the Vale; it got fired plenty with more booms to come. We are just getting started and will line with yall again I am sure.

Stay safe.

• Like 1

Stats aside, In my 50+ yrs of watching the high school pigskin I have not seen the line of scrimmage controlled like Mineola does on both sides of the ball. They are some serious Clydesdales who time after time were making takedown blocks and making tackles while being blocked . The tandem of #8 and #9 will have Brock guessing and chasing all night, even after hitting them they were tough. We did not have the strong D stats that Brock or Mineola had but our D had improved greatly and were making plays along the way, they were part of why our Raiders went 4 rounds deep. It is impossible to make tackles when you have 300+lbs pinning you to the turf,. When they got the edge with the lead blockers it was next to impossible to get off the blocks to have a chance to contain them. This will be a tough game and even though this is Brocks second season of football, they are seasoned in the round ball playoffs and will bring it to Minny.

GW63, the cannon will remain in the Vale; it got fired plenty with more booms to come. We are just getting started and will line with yall again I am sure.

Stay safe.

It should be a good one Friday at the Gopher Bowl. Will be fun to see how the Jackets fair against the Brock D. And vis-a-versa. ST play might be a big factor. So far looks like nice weather. Can't wait. GO JACKETS!!!

Don't think anybody will be "underestimating" any team at this point in the season. But, both of these teams are for real. May be the State Champion is the winner of this game. Yoe is not the Yoe of the past three years and it may be time for the mighty to fall.

I haven't missed a Yoemen game in 48 years. This Yoe team is better than last year's for sure. But when you are going for #4, everyone is bringing their A game and the target is huge on our backs. Don't get lazy thinking this team isn't as good.....