Mineola vs. Brock - State Semifinals

chevyman

Mineola vs Brock  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Have not seen either team this year in person, but have watched some film on both. This will be a great match up of two very evenly matched teams. I think Mineola's experience from last year will help them pull this out. But, Brock is a town of winners and these kids have always won, so their expectations are to win. I don't think the moment will be too big for Brock, but the Orange YellowJackets win in a close one.

• Like 1

Lucky for them they didnt play Cameron.

The rumors are true Smoaky

this years Yoe team is better.....................but

the competition has been stiffer this year

These kids beat Malakoff, Teague, and Grandview!!!!

I know it hurts but.....................

we won our 4th against Teague

See ya guys next year........

I disagree. Malakoff gave you a better game than the other 2 and would've beaten Grandview then Teague at this point in the season. Remember, Yoe won the game on a tipped 2 pt conversion try for Malakoff to take the lead, and even then, if Malakoff would've put some air under it, they're still playing right now.

But if you were at that game, you know the Yoemen were beating themselves. Knowing how this Yoe team has played all season, and I now I haven't missed a second of play, I know they were beating themselves.

Heard some rumors about the Mineola Quarterback. Will he be playing?

But if you were at that game, you know the Yoemen were beating themselves. Knowing how this Yoe team has played all season, and I now I haven't missed a second of play, I know they were beating themselves.

Heard some rumors about the Mineola Quarterback. Will he be playing?

False rumors. Started on another site by cry baby D5 fans.

Nice write up for the game tomorrow I found: http://www.etfinalscore.com/ET-Football/228076/juggernaut-brock-presents-big-challenge-for-mineola

Also Brock vs Shallowater write up: http://lubbockonline.com/filed-online/2015-12-05/mustangs-lose-rematch-brock-state-quarterfinal?v=#.VmoeE_krKUk

Brock vs Shallowater in case one one has seen them: http://www.everythinglubbock.com/sports/klbk-sports/brock-remains-undefeated-against-shallowater-38-10

Saying I'm excited for this game would be an understatement! A little over 24 hours and this game in ON!! Watched some more footage on the Anderson twins and WOW, color me very impressed. Looks like its gonna be Brocks punisher Zane Young trying to tackle the RBs and QB, because (I'm pretty sure) Brock D line has not seen anything with their O line capabilities. That said Brock rarely misses tackles and forces a lot of takles for loss. Though the riskiness of Brocks aggressive D, they will get through holes. Though sometimes they are too aggressive and if the opposing get past their line or LBs they are gone. Happened two times against Wall, gambled and it didn't pay off and wall had a 61 yrd and 75 yrd TD run, but after that Wall could not do those again, and this is coming from one of the best rushing squads in Wall. One more thing I cant say enough is how well they tackle in open space. None of that weak arm tackling, full on 1 on 1 he will tackle you.

Gonna change my pick from 10 to 7. Brock 24 Mineola 17. Good luck, us West Texans knew it would probably Mineola challenging R1 again, much respect to your program. May the best team win and dethrone Yoe! (If they get by Mathis...but my guess is they will, fairly easily). Can't wait for tomorrow. Wish I could attend.

Mineola fans, how would you compare this team to last years? Obviously better based on that undefeated record, but how much? Impossible to tell from just highlights cause you only see the good plays.

I really believe that the Jackets are a better team than last year. They have gotten stronger and have more depth along the lines on both sides. Last year was a great ride and making it all the way to the SC game was a lot of fun,until the game started. They were just outmatched by Yoe and made too many mistakes to keep it close. This year they clearly have stated that they wanted to play great in pre-district,win district and win state. They have worked hard toward that goal and tonite will be another challenge to complete those goals. If they come out focused like last week and play hard with no turnovers they will win, no doubt in my mind at all.

• Like 1