Waskom vs Franklin (3-A Div II Championship)

1WildCat

3A Div II Crown  

101 members have voted

1. 1. What cha thunk?

Defending State Champions Waskom Wildcats (15-0) squares off against the Franklin Lions (15-0) next Thursday, 12/17/15 @ 8:00 pm. Waskom coming off a 28-24 victory over the previously unbeaten Idalou Wildcats, extended their own school record and East Texas best winning streak to 30 games. The Lions knocked off East Bernard 10-7, to punch their ticket to the finals. The Waskom / Franklin contest is promising to be a defensive slugfest. May the best Wildcat win!! :)

you have picked against franklin every week lol.

Wrong again, I didn't pick against them in the bi-district game against Garrison. I was surprised that game was as close as it turned out. Franklin caught a break against Newton because of several injuries to key players. Without those injuries, I believe we would be looking at a Newton vs Waskom rematch.

Amie has proven that when the lights come on, on the big stage, he goes to a completely different level. I absolutely see no reason why this game at nrg will be any different. True champions don't stop don't quit, don't slow down, and will absolutely keep coming till they have to be carried off that field, when some kids put on the helmet they go to a different place and they bring their teammates with them, and waskom feeds off amie. Obviously waskom is not a one man show but that one man shows the others the way, the way is through "fortitude".... Waskom wins their second..

• Like 3

EVERY team has had injuries to overcome this time of year. Some have done so, some have not. Newton might be able to beat even the two teams playing in the 6A State Championship games but we will never know will we. They did not make it. Give credit where credit is due. Franklin has like five losses the last five years. This is not some wannabe team.

Wrong again, I didn't pick against them in the bi-district game against Garrison. I was surprised that game was as close as it turned out. Franklin caught a break against Newton because of several injuries to key players. Without those injuries, I believe we would be looking at a Newton vs Waskom rematch.

Looks like we will just have to prove you wrong one more time kirt

Amie has proven that when the lights come on, on the big stage, he goes to a completely different level. I absolutely see no reason why this game at nrg will be any different. True champions don't stop don't quit, don't slow down, and will absolutely keep coming till they have to be carried off that field, when some kids put on the helmet they go to a different place and they bring their teammates with them, and waskom feeds off amie. Obviously waskom is not a one man show but that one man shows the others the way, the way is through "fortitude".... Waskom wins their second..

. The play Chan made on the Idalou punt is an intangible likely never coached to him. For those that did not see it... Punt rolling inside Waskom 1 yard line and the kid went to down it a foot from the goal line and Chan plastered him as he was reaching for the ball. Legal hit, ball goes on slowly into endzone for a touchback. Ball on the 20 or ball inside your own 1. One of the many key plays made last night.

Waskom has as good of a chance as any team in the state of upsetting Franklin. Those boys are proven champions. Franklin has it prove to say they are.

• Like 2

As this coming Thursday appoaches, everyone is excited yet concerned. I feel next week is going to be a battle of speed vs speed. Imo Waskom has more teams speed. I am excited and will be there early enough to watch a game or two before.

Waskom wins this one by 2 touchdowns.