Waskom vs Franklin (3-A Div II Championship)

1WildCat

3A Div II Crown  

101 members have voted

1. 1. What cha thunk?

im going with franklin by 2 "region 3 thing", waskom is the champs until dethroned though, goodluck to both teams and hope for a injury free game, and safe travles for both fan bases, and hope my eagles meets up with the 2015 and 2014 state champs next season.

Ok, everyone is getting on to me saying I'm exaggerating about Franklin and their size etc........ When I say that Franklin is big its probably because I'm used to our Corrigan boys who average about 190 lbs on the line, so I'm not accustomed to seeing 220+ pound linemen on a regular basis especially in 3A football. I truly believe this game is a toss up either team could win and they both deserve to be playing in this championship match. I have not seen Waskom play this year, but I will tell you that I seen Franklin and East Bernard really get after each other. When I tell you I seen bone crushing hits all night long, and a Franklin team that never gave up that is not an understatement. May the best team win !!!

With Franklin having 7 backs to carry the load, it will imperative for Waskom to convert 4th down attempts but more importantly to NOT put the ball on the ground. Franklin beat EB late and I would assume having fresh ball carriers may have played a role there.