Brock vs Cameron

player73

Brock vs Cameron Yoe  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

I will go with Brock in this one by 7, just because I have seen them live and would like them to bring a title back to region 1. Though I would definitely say Yoe has the advantage of playing so many state games in a row seeing pretty much all the types of teams you can see. Defense will be key for them in this game just like against Mineola. They will have to contain Smith as best as they can but most likely haven't seen a RB of his caliber. Shallowaters RB was really good but smaller than Yoes. I know Brocks big 6'1 230 linebacker will be up to the task though. They will have to limit the big pass which suprised them last week I think. Both of Mineolas big passes were wide open, either completely burned the guy or blown coverage I'm not sure, but they stepped up in the second half.

The key for Yoe is to stop the 3-4 yard runs that Brock gashes you with the entire game until they break one. Keep Brocks offense of the field as long as you can because when they have the ball they can end up having it for half the quarter. Mineola did a pretty good job of containing the rbs as much as they could, forcing Brock into the occasional 2 or 3rd and long, only to have Brock pick up a first down on a long pass. Also do not turn it over because Brock almost never does.

I could see the game going lots of ways, at this point I'm just picking Brock because homerism. Brock 35-28

I figured Brock would win that game by 2-3 scores, and they did. At the end of the day, Mineola could not get their ground game going and they had a hard time slowing down the ground game of Brock.

With Brock, they have shown the ability to stop the run. All the teams that played in region I were heavy run, with average to below average passing games. Mineola was a little better through the air, but their bread and butter was the QB/RB on the ground.

Not saying that Brock cannot not stop it, but the Yoemen are going to throw it all over the field. I also believe Cameron is more well equipped to stop the run versus last year, and that is very important in this game. Just way more experience up front. Brock has been able to overwhelm or wear down most of their opponents offensively. The Eagles do not have tremendous size, but they play as a team and everyone does their job well. They do have some quick shift backs, but we have seen a lot of speed like that before (Tatum 2010, Newton 2012, Teague 2015), and have done a decent job in each of those games. We will need to force Brock into more predictable passing situations.

Prediction: Yoemen by 14.

I expect Brock to be a scary opponent. So much of the unknown with them being do new. But I have to say, the Yoe defense had been a little flat the last few weeks. But wow! Friday against Mathis they were awesome. Hope they bring that passion one more time thus season. Hope it doesn't come down to field goals because that's our weakness. But we can make the 2 point conversion when ever we need to. Hope it doesn't come down to that. Can't wait to see Yoe Nation roll into Houston. We should gave our usual huge crowd and then we'll be adding a bunch of alums living in the Houston area. No homerism- I say Yoe all the way!

i saw the game Friday night and Brock is the real deal they are really well coached and block better than any team I have seen all year. the quarterback would pitch to a back and go block someone. I know the yeomen are always good and it will be a real good game but I believe Brock will break the championship streak. By how much I do not know but believe it will be close game.

I figured Brock would win that game by 2-3 scores, and they did. At the end of the day, Mineola could not get their ground game going and they had a hard time slowing down the ground game of Brock.

With Brock, they have shown the ability to stop the run. All the teams that played in region I were heavy run, with average to below average passing games. Mineola was a little better through the air, but their bread and butter was the QB/RB on the ground.

Not saying that Brock cannot not stop it, but the Yoemen are going to throw it all over the field. I also believe Cameron is more well equipped to stop the run versus last year, and that is very important in this game. Just way more experience up front. Brock has been able to overwhelm or wear down most of their opponents offensively. The Eagles do not have tremendous size, but they play as a team and everyone does their job well. They do have some quick shift backs, but we have seen a lot of speed like that before (Tatum 2010, Newton 2012, Teague 2015), and have done a decent job in each of those games. We will need to force Brock into more predictable passing situations.

I can see that happening, if Cameron can throw the ball on them all night they will win. Because I truly believe T. Smith may have his least yards of the year. No disrespect to him, incredible RB, easily in the top 5 RBs in the division. Just Brocks run D is honestly that good. Can't wait until Thursday!

I expect Brock to be a scary opponent. So much of the unknown with them being do new. But I have to say, the Yoe defense had been a little flat the last few weeks. But wow! Friday against Mathis they were awesome. Hope they bring that passion one more time thus season. Hope it doesn't come down to field goals because that's our weakness. But we can make the 2 point conversion when ever we need to. Hope it doesn't come down to that. Can't wait to see Yoe Nation roll into Houston. We should gave our usual huge crowd and then we'll be adding a bunch of alums living in the Houston area. No homerism- I say Yoe all the way!

I have seen two Yoe games online, vs Grandview and Mathis. If the defense that showed up against Grandview comes to Houston Brock will have 400 yards rushing. GV rb isn't as good as either of Brocks rbs and he was able to run against you farely well.

If the Mathis defense shows up which more likely be the case then I expect more 2-3rd and longs which puts Brock off their groove. Don't get comfortable though because Brock can definitely pass, they have one very good WR with good size and speed. One more thing don't make it come down to field goals because Brocks fg kicker is very good.

That said should be a great game,(well I thought last years would be too so...) but I guarantee you Brock isn't Mathis so Yoe better be ready!

Grandview did have a kid named Zach Smith. 4-star recruit - ranked as a top 5 quarterback in all of the state - going to Baylor.

Brock may have a good passing game, but if they beat us, I would prefer it to be with them having to make a lot of plays through the air.

Yeah there is not a QB in 3 a with his talent, throws an amazing ball. Brock probably won't pass to much but when they do they connect for 80% of them. So I'm saying Cameron better not get too used to the rush, or they will bomb a 60 yards TD pass out of nowhere. I expect Yoe to be ready though.

I have seen two Yoe games online, vs Grandview and Mathis. If the defense that showed up against Grandview comes to Houston Brock will have 400 yards rushing. GV rb isn't as good as either of Brocks rbs and he was able to run against you farely well.

If the Mathis defense shows up which more likely be the case then I expect more 2-3rd and longs which puts Brock off their groove. Don't get comfortable though because Brock can definitely pass, they have one very good WR with good size and speed. One more thing don't make it come down to field goals because Brocks fg kicker is very good.

That said should be a great game,(well I thought last years would be too so...) but I guarantee you Brock isn't Mathis so Yoe better be ready!

I actually wish we hadn't played Mathis last week. That was really a bi district type game. But that being said, it was good for our team to get back on track. Our defense was where they needed to be in that game, unlike Gandview and Malakiff games. But Traion being top 5 in the division? He just became the all time rusher ( in all divisions) and we hope you throw the ball. Our secondary is fast and they will pick off atleast one if he passes. But I know our line will be ready to stop the run. We need to watch penalties. We have one player who gets a little too excited from time to time. Should be a good game.

But just know, if Brock has the lead, don't get comfortable. I promise there is no better 4th quarter team than the Yoemen and they have proved it over and over, year after year. Drives me crazy

Traion Smith has rushed for 7,490 yards and has scored 115 touchdowns. Not too bad. But I think the biggest factor is how he gets out of the grasp of the tacklers and keeps going. He never stops moving his feet. So if he looks like he's stopped, better look again because he will probably get loose for some more yardage. He's a great kid with some amazing talent

I'd like to hear some about what happened in the Mineola game. Was Brock just the better team or did a Mineola miss an opportunity? I heard from someone that watched it online say Mineola just didn't seem fired up to olay

Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.

Brock wins.

I'll take that spread for $100

Traion Smith has rushed for 7,490 yards and has scored 115 touchdowns. Not too bad. But I think the biggest factor is how he gets out of the grasp of the tacklers and keeps going. He never stops moving his feet. So if he looks like he's stopped, better look again because he will probably get loose for some more yardage. He's a great kid with some amazing talent

Yeah I noticed in the grandview game he would rarely get tackled by just a single guy, his yards after contact must be ridiculous! Brock has the best open field tacklers I have seen in a long time though, I'm excited to see if they can stop him.

Lol

Its sad when even the East Texas guys get tired of going against us. Lol

Not as much fun as it was back when every single person on here from D'field, Newton, Tatum......all thought the ayor,en were scrubs who couldn't keep up. Good times! Lol! But I know I appreciate hearing the support