Tatum 2016

Eagleborn

Per his request of wanting to step down and finish up his career at Tatum, Andy Evans has accepted position of assistant athletic director at Tatum.

Evans has been a head coach for 21 years and compiled a overall record of 185-70. He went 71-28 from 1995-2003 at East Chambers and from 2004-2015 at Tatum he went 114-42, two state titles ('05,'06) and a finalist in 2007. Over the span of 21 years Evans had just two losing seasons.

One thing he had accomplished more than wins and loses is the programs he started up at Tatum - The 1N100 Uncommon Man and the Extraordinary Women.

Great man and has done an incredible job at Tatum coaching and mentoring his players. Could not ask for a better man for the last 14 years. Happy that he will remain at Tatum and continue to support the program.

Been a good run coach. You built this small taj mahal of athletic facilities and helped create a lot of great young men in the proccess. Thanks for everything Evans. Its been a pleasure watching you coach our young men of Tatum.

If I was in charge, my first call would be to Waskom's coach. I would make him tell me no. With the athletes at Tatum, his system would be scarier than at Waskom.

Agreed.

If I was in charge, my first call would be to Waskom's coach. I would make him tell me no. With the athletes at Tatum, his system would be scarier than at Waskom.

Don't want to lose Keeling or any of our coaches but he along with others has done one heck of a job at Waskom couldn't blame any of them if they wanted a step up.

• Like 1