Tatum 2016

Eagleborn

If I was in charge, my first call would be to Waskom's coach. I would make him tell me no. With the athletes at Tatum, his system would be scarier than at Waskom.

And just as I were to hang up from that call I'd immediately start making room in the trophy case!! As much as I'd hate to lose him or any of his staff, the Tatum gig would be a good'un.

• Like 1

And just as I were to hang up from that call I'd immediately start making room in the trophy case!! As much as I'd hate to lose him or any of his staff, the Tatum gig would be a good'un.

Wonder if he would still run that same offense in 4A with our athletes or switch it up. I gotta say, I hope we get to find out.

Wonder if he would still run that same offense in 4A with our athletes or switch it up. I gotta say, I hope we get to find out.

I think he would keep it the same until someone stopped it. The key to it I believe is him or someone on his staff coaches up the lineman. They lost a lot of starting linemen from last year and didn't miss a beat. I'm sure Tatum has some talent on the line too. So I would continue to run what he runs at Waskom and the opposition can stop it if they can. And he's proven at Waskom they can't 90% of the time.

I think he would keep it the same until someone stopped it. The key to it I believe is him or someone on his staff coaches up the lineman. They lost a lot of starting linemen from last year and didn't miss a beat. I'm sure Tatum has some talent on the line too. So I would continue to run what he runs at Waskom and the opposition can stop it if they can. And he's proven at Waskom they can't 90% of the time.

We have 300 lb linemen and some just under it. He has undersized linemen in Waskom I believe. Wonder how that would translate in his offense. Hope we give him a look. I'd love to have Keeling but if we can't get him I hope we get a coach that airs it out a ton. I love a good ole air raid.

We have 300 lb linemen and some just under it. He has undersized linemen in Waskom I believe. Wonder how that would translate in his offense. Hope we give him a look. I'd love to have Keeling but if we can't get him I hope we get a coach that airs it out a ton. I love a good ole air raid.

Scott Ford

I was thinking more along the lines of David Collins at Pine Tree. 2 years into Pine Tree and he went 4-6 this year. That is rarely done at PT if you know anything about their football program.

He pushed Gilmer & Marshall to the brink this year, but he did not have the talent to outlast either team. He's done a wonderful job at Pine Tree; and, this Tatum gig could be fruitful for him as well as Tatum ISD. I'm sure Tatum can pay him what Pine Tree is paying him.

Or you could go south a little bit a get Barry Bowman out of Center. He's a dawg at Coaching!! Turned Center around in 1 year and made it look easy.

John Frazier at West Rusk would be a good one as well.....he's got that place rocking!

Or Kurt Traylor. He's just as good of a coach as any head coach around here!

Either way, there are several great local coaches that are a good fit for Tatum. I would be surprised if Tatum looked outside of East Texas for a coach!

Kerry Strong is not in the mix for this job. He has spoken to the powers at Tatum ISD and he as respectfully declined. He kind of hinted at me that the main reason he is not interested stems from this website. He feels that there are too many people and posters "in the know" the last while at THS. This would be a painful undoing for some of the Tatum faithful because he is not an open book when it comes to the inner workings of his program. He is not one to sit around after practice or during the day and chat with the locals about every aspect of everything. He told me that if he wanted to babysit he would apply at a daycare. Also, he is not fond of men that wear their hat backwards. He feels that is how Justin Beiber wears his hat.

He wishes nothing but the best to Tatum ISD and this Mike Thomas chop that is suppost to get this job. Sounds like it is a done deal from what I read.

I was thinking more along the lines of David Collins at Pine Tree. 2 years into Pine Tree and he went 4-6 this year. That is rarely done at PT if you know anything about their football program.

He pushed Gilmer & Marshall to the brink this year, but he did not have the talent to outlast either team. He's done a wonderful job at Pine Tree; and, this Tatum gig could be fruitful for him as well as Tatum ISD. I'm sure Tatum can pay him what Pine Tree is paying him.

Or you could go south a little bit a get Barry Bowman out of Center. He's a dawg at Coaching!! Turned Center around in 1 year and made it look easy.

John Frazier at West Rusk would be a good one as well.....he's got that place rocking!

Or Kurt Traylor. He's just as good of a coach as any head coach around here!

Either way, there are several great local coaches that are a good fit for Tatum. I would be surprised if Tatum looked outside of East Texas for a coach!

Was this years record a fluke or a preview into the near future?

Who was it that left Tenaha? Coach Ward? That would be an excellent fit.

Lmao..

Nothing against THE Kerry Strong but the only reason people have ever heard of him is because some girls basketball coach blows his name up on here more than his Jenna Jameson doll.

HAHA

Kerry Strong must love where he is at if he keeps turning all these jobs down over the years.