Tatum 2016

Eagleborn

You must be the board member or one of his buds, y'all lost on this one...I guarantee , and makes no sense they were told and still did their own thing....I dont see that, as I said earlier your supt is one of the best in ET and you don't want to follow his recommendation without him y'all would prob still have the old barn gym for your Jr. High to play in...idiocracy at its finest..

You are an Idiot. You either spend Summers at the Sups beach house on Bolivar or you rode home with Frazier tonight when he found out he didn't have the vote for the job.

You are an Idiot. You either spend Summers at the Sups beach house on Bolivar or you rode home with Frazier tonight when he found out he didn't have the vote for the job.

Wow, you calling someone an idiot!!! You have done nothing but bash Evans for I can't even count how many pages. Evans? Really??? One of the most respected and successful coaches in East Texas! I have no clue what went down at the Tatum SB meeting. I also have no clue as to what the members are looking for. I only wish them the best in their search. I understand Coach Langley's emotions and his support of Coach Frazier. Any school would be lucky to get a coach and man like John Frazier! Coach Langley has as much a right to his opinion as anyone else on this thread. That being said, Tatum has chosen to go in another direction. I'm sure Coach Frazier is disappointed and was very excited about the prospect of coaching in Tatum. Who wouldn't be with their great tradition and excellent facilities? Here's hoping the powers that be at Tatum will find the man they are looking for to continue that great tradition!

This thread has taken a nasty turn. A lot of trash talk between individuals aimed at one another personally, and lots of discussion now about Frazier, Evans, others that has a personal tone to it. Might be time to step away from the forum for a little while and calm down. No need for this to get nasty and hateful.

Best of luck to coach Frazier, Evans, and the school board in moving past this and on with their lives/jobs.

No shots or animosity, but guys and gals the sup and assistant ad knew this was going to happen. They've known since early November. Yes I said "early November". They were told not to bring this hand selected pick pre job officially opening/ pre interviews. Coach Frazier is a very good man that was put in this situation by the admin... Not the board.

No shots or animosity, but guys and gals the sup and assistant ad knew this was going to happen. They've known since early November. Yes I said "early November". They were told not to bring this hand selected pick pre job officially opening/ pre interviews. Coach Frazier is a very good man that was put in this situation by the admin... Not the board.

This is the key, if the Superintendent and the Assistant AD knew all along that Coach Farazier was not going to be approved or if it was going to be a split vote, then they are at fault. Most coaches want the FULL support of the Board and their supervisors before they start a new job. Nobody wants to go into a situation with a portion of the leadership and therefore the community against them. Ultimately, the school board is responsible for the entire school district, and this includes athletics. Yes, they hire a Superintendent to run the school, but he is a CEO and is subject to the "owners" of the business. The Board has the final say so in all hires and were ultimately elected by the community to do what they deem best for the kids of their district. Respect the process and hold those responsible accountable.

I hate this for coach Frazier. He is a good coach, well deserving of the job.

For some reason, East Texas people have no trust in East Texas people as a coach. They feel that the best coaches have to come from a big school from the metroplex or from a big name school who has several rings.

We have great coaches that are born and bred here in East Texas. (Alexander, Surratt, Bowman, and now Keeling). Several more

Tatum is a beautiful school district, blessed to have the finest facilities around but, now is the laughing stock and the butt of all jokes. Egg in the face

Shame on the whole process, people involved with the decision making and all the people sticking their noses where it doesn't belong.

Lastly, media has ruined many a good men chances for jobs because of letting people speak their minds of "being in the know" and for trying to be the "first" with the latest news before getting facts right.

Shame, shame shame

All in all this is the facts:

A great coach has been embarrassed- undeserved

A school leader (supt.) has decided on a person then shot down by a board- poor communication in the process and maybe just plain ol back woods stupid

Allot of people think they are in the know and leak out "information" before the truth is known- ignorance with a computer at home

Yes, we all have the right to our opinion and freedom of speech. But please do it with truth and class not hear say

• Like 1

I hate this for coach Frazier. He is a good coach, well deserving of the job.

For some reason, East Texas people have no trust in East Texas people as a coach. They feel that the best coaches have to come from a big school from the metroplex or from a big name school who has several rings.

We have great coaches that are born and bred here in East Texas. (Alexander, Surratt, Bowman, and now Keeling). Several more

Tatum is a beautiful school district, blessed to have the finest facilities around but, now is the laughing stock and the butt of all jokes. Egg in the face

Shame on the whole process, people involved with the decision making and all the people sticking their noses where it doesn't belong.

Lastly, media has ruined many a good men chances for jobs because of letting people speak their minds of "being in the know" and for trying to be the "first" with the latest news before getting facts right.

Shame, shame shame

All in all this is the facts:

A great coach has been embarrassed- undeserved

A school leader (supt.) has decided on a person then shot down by a board- poor communication in the process and maybe just plain ol back woods stupid

Allot of people think they are in the know and leak out "information" before the truth is known- ignorance with a computer at home

Yes, we all have the right to our opinion and freedom of speech. But please do it with truth and class not hear say

+1

I hope WR goes 10-0 next year and Tatum 0-10... again

Not sure where the blame should go, but this situation was terribly mishandled by someone, probably more than one

It sure was. Assistant AD and Sup. Guys.... This wasn't a knock on Frazier.... Don't get salty because your homeboy didn't get the job. Don't attack the board because the sup and assistant ad tried to play good ole boy and the town said no. Don't think this was a magic trick that all of the sudden happened last night. They knew in early November that the board wanted to find the BEST applicant.... Not the BEST BUDDY.

Not a soul said Frazier wasn't deserving of the job. Maybe there is another guy deserving of the job that fits the direction they want to go a little better. Most are jumping to their own conclusion and crucifying our board not truly knowing any details of the situation. What they know and discuss isn't common knowledge....to form a conviction off of hearsay and fragments of a situation is unjust.

First off let me say I am not from the area and have no knowledge of the situation other than I know Tatum has a very strong program. The sad thing in all this to me in all this is that all Coach Frazier did was apply for a job, a good one, which I am sure almost everyone on this board has done. He interviewed and was offered the job by someone. Then it turns into this mess. I applaud Coach Frazier, and no I don't know him, for the way he has handled a tough situation. I wish him the best

• Like 2

First off let me say I am not from the area and have no knowledge of the situation other than I know Tatum has a very strong program. The sad thing in all this to me in all this is that all Coach Frazier did was apply for a job, a good one, which I am sure almost everyone on this board has done. He interviewed and was offered the job by someone. Then it turns into this mess. I applaud Coach Frazier, and no I don't know him, for the way he has handled a tough situation. I wish him the best

How many other strong programs went 0-10?