Tatum 2016

Eagleborn

I hate this for coach Frazier. He is a good coach, well deserving of the job.

For some reason, East Texas people have no trust in East Texas people as a coach. They feel that the best coaches have to come from a big school from the metroplex or from a big name school who has several rings.

We have great coaches that are born and bred here in East Texas. (Alexander, Surratt, Bowman, and now Keeling). Several more

Tatum is a beautiful school district, blessed to have the finest facilities around but, now is the laughing stock and the butt of all jokes. Egg in the face

Shame on the whole process, people involved with the decision making and all the people sticking their noses where it doesn't belong.

Lastly, media has ruined many a good men chances for jobs because of letting people speak their minds of "being in the know" and for trying to be the "first" with the latest news before getting facts right.

Shame, shame shame

All in all this is the facts:

A great coach has been embarrassed- undeserved

A school leader (supt.) has decided on a person then shot down by a board- poor communication in the process and maybe just plain ol back woods stupid

Allot of people think they are in the know and leak out "information" before the truth is known- ignorance with a computer at home

Yes, we all have the right to our opinion and freedom of speech. But please do it with truth and class not hear say

I read your post, I will respect your opinion, but you fell into a cop out, excuse-ridden ditch, when you went with the, "blame it on the media," angle.

Why?

Because I or others were doing my/their job? I had great sources telling me John Frazier would be recommended, and he was, but it didn't work out? I doubt very seriously if you wouldn't have interest in who was the next head coach of your favorite program, at any of the levels.

I can't speak for the rest of the "media," but I can speak for my reporting and what I reported was factual and to blame this coaching search being redirected on the, "media," is lazy and uninformed.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, if you don't want publicity on a coaching search, don't win, don't be a tradition-rich program regardless of the record in 2015. And, honestly, I don't care if a program is 0-10 or 16-0, if there's an opening, we'll try and keep up with it. And, to suggest the, "media," changed the direction of this search is irresponsible.

Everyone loves to read, watch and listen to media outlets, and when something goes sideways, "let's blame it on the media," like a player who is quoted, then gets backlash and then claims, "I was misquoted."

Please, you're better than that, so stop the finger-pointing on what is our responsibility in our/my profession.

Smoaky

Tatum's Superintendent and assistant AD were fully aware that they did not have 100% of the boards support before the meeting last night. I am sure coach FRAZIER is a good man. But this goes to show that the Tatum people want a change in the athletic program. I personally don't think that coach Evans should be involved in the hiring process. It's gonna make him look very bad if the next coach has a 10 and 0 season. He is obviously going to look for someone that runs a program like he does and it obviously doesn't work.

Call them NOW and put them on the schedule the next 2 years.

Tatum Sup sure did...

Call them NOW and put them on the schedule the next 2 years.

Tatum Sup sure did...

I don't think Tatum would want any of where KarnackKing coaches, however he would be a good hire

About 12 Division 1 recruit's = 2 state championships. Tatum was good before he came to Tatum. They went 0 and 10 this past season. Watching video of the up coming game does not get you prepared it gets you hurt. You have to go outside and practice.

are you saying they only watch film and don't practice?

Great question. Speaking of, does this put Kerry Strong back in the mix? Asking for a friend.

They were pulling out all of the stops last night trying to persuade him to come but it aint going to happen. If he would have wanted it he would have gotten it last night. Some people on here may not admit it but he is who the board wanted. They need to move on past Kerry Strong...he is not coming.

Here is a legitimate question:

Are any of the Tatum faithful on here any of the board members? If so could this be a ploy to keep talking about the situation...what's another 25 pages of comments. The reason Donald Trump isnt debating tonight is that Tatum is overshadowing him in the media.

But seriously, Kerry Strong has a family. Quite pestering him.

• Like 1

Strong programs overcome adversity. Strong programs are in tough districts year in and year out.

Have no idea as to what happened in Tatum this past season. 0-10 is bad not doubt. However, if there were a lot of injuries that's very tough to overcome at the 4a level. I don't care how strong the program is.

About 12 Division 1 recruit's = 2 state championships. Tatum was good before he came to Tatum. They went 0 and 10 this past season. Watching video of the up coming game does not get you prepared it gets you hurt. You have to go outside and practice.

+1