Tatum 2016

Eagleborn

It sure was. Assistant AD and Sup. Guys.... This wasn't a knock on Frazier.... Don't get salty because your homeboy didn't get the job. Don't attack the board because the sup and assistant ad tried to play good ole boy and the town said no. Don't think this was a magic trick that all of the sudden happened last night. They knew in early November that the board wanted to find the BEST applicant.... Not the BEST BUDDY.

+1,000,000

You are an Idiot. You either spend Summers at the Sups beach house on Bolivar or you rode home with Frazier tonight when he found out he didn't have the vote for the job.

I wasn't gonna post anymore but since you called me an idiot I will respond, again look at my 1st post about my history in the profession......I do not know Dr Hart personally other than dealing with some basketball playoff stuff years ago and that was in passing. I spent my youth in Beckville, Harris Chapel and Tatum, I Know what Tatum has had and I know what they have since Dr Hart arrived there, if you don't realize what he has done for the town your blind. I was not in the truck with Frazier, I have had the pleasure of working for John for several years, in fact I only coach now because of John, have moved into administration and he makes it so enjoyable I keep doing it. I have been coaching for long time, (see first post) I have worked for some of the best East Texas has to offer and against many of the rest, so when I say Tatum missed a chance to get a great young Coach that would have been there for the long haul and its their loss I speak from experience. I also know now that one of the board members contacted a former employee that doesn't know come here from sick'em and used that as a reason to speak against him, very sad, esp since she was fired for stealing money from an elderly person. Call me any name you want, it's my opinion I post here under my name instead of anonymous so if I say something about someone they know who said it, again not a troll raised down that way have thrown a thousand eggs back in the day during Tatum week and wanted them and my good friend to both be successful.

• Like 1

The Superintendent is retiring and Coach Evans is not coaching, so I think the decision should be who the Board wants, the Board and the community are going to be there long after the Superintendent and Coach Evans are gone.

How much football does the board know? They pretty good with X's and O's?

What coach in their right mind would want to go to this place now that this has happened? I'll tell you what the deal is, you tatumers aren't going to like it; Evans spoiled the fans and the town. You can't win state every year.

A coach that respects that the board is doing what they think it's best for not only the football program but all the sports Tatum offers?

I'm assuming Evans was that for y'all as well? Why wouldn't they take his advice then? Did the sup not make a good hire when Evans was hired?

Evans was a great hire. Maybe the board thinks there is a better fit that checks more of the boxes. I just hope they get it right. It's not a knock on Frazier, apparently the board thinks there's a better fit.

I'm not saying anyone is wrong but what I'm hearing is different then what others are hearing. I could be like Burt and say all kinds of stuff because my feelings are involved or I could be like the guy from ore city and have my feelings hurt because someone didn't get a job but I'm not like that. Competion has only took me to Tatum a few times but every time I have been treated well. I'll also add that when I got into coaching I knew prior to signing first contract I knew the other side most normal fans don't know

I will tell you this:

1. Frazier’s name was mentioned well before the football season was over as being the next head coach at Tatum. Whether he leaked it or someone from Tatum did, that never should have happened. This probably made the school board say “Hold Up”
  2. The school board is in charge of approving all hires. If the SUPT/Asst. AD knew that they would not accept this recommendation, then why draw it out this long and wait until the night of the meeting to let Frazier know that it would be a problem? That was unprofessional on part of Tatum Admin. Now you have caused a great coach, John Frazier, to be put through this mess and have to return to the job that he was prepared to leave.
  3. I’m sure the folks at West Rusk are happy that they get to keep their coach, but let’s be honest…..John was ready for what would have been a great promotion for him in his great career that he has had thus far.
  4. I’m not sure I understand why Andy Evans is allowed to have a say so in his replacement…yes he has done a marvelous job at Tatum. He has built somewhat of an athletic dynasty. Don’t take any credit from his assistant coaches though. Doesn’t matter who the head coach is….if your assistant aren’t good, then the program won’t be good. Tatum’s assistants are top notch. Both programs (GIrls/Boys) are excellent.
  5. The only way to right this wrong is to re-open the search and let a committee decide who the next coach will be…NOT Andy Evans. Andy has had a great run in Tatum and deserves to go out in style…….but assistant AD is NOT what he should be. Put him in the admin building with Dee Hart and then they can both ride off into the sunset together in 2017! You have both done great, but Tatum is a district that was here before the both of you, and it will be here long after y’all are gone! Let the board do their job and approve the coach that they want to represent their district…..just like they have approved of a great SUPT staying around this long, I’m sure they will find a great Head Coach to do the same!
  6. School districts are an extension of the government…which means school districts are a system of check and balances as well. Just like the president/congress/supreme court……school districts have superintendents and school boards to regulate everything to make sure laws are being followed and to represent the community. These elected officials did not want John Frazier…nothing personal…just business!!
If you are having a hard time finding a coach that is qualified…let me help you out..and you won’t have to leave East Texas to go get him.
  1. Barry Bowman (Center HC)
  2. Casey Pearce (Longview DC)
  3. Shannon Wilson (Bullard HC)
  4. Dale Irwin (Arp HC)
  5. Kurt Traylor (Gilmer Assistant)
  6. David Collins (Pine Tree HC)
  7. Whitney Keeling (Waskom HC)
  8. Thomas Sitton (Chapel Hill HC)
  9. Scott Callaway (Mesquite OC)
  10. Joe Drennon (Mineola HC)
  11. Ricky Meeks (Center OC)
  12. Tim Russell (Harmony HC)
  13. Thomas Hightower (Daingerfield Asst.)
  14. Tracy Blankenship (Ore City HC)
  15. Kris Iske (White Oak HC)
One thing about these coaches is that Andy will not be able to control them as assistant athletic director. I feel that he tried to select Frazier because he felt that John fit “His Mold” for what he thinks that program needs.
Now I’m not sure any of these guys would want the job now that the powers that be have allowed a name to leak 8 weeks before the actual hire and call him the night of just to break the bad news to him that you do not have the support of the board. Good luck in the search…..
  • Like 1

One dudes salty cuz his boy didn't get the job, ones salty cuz the board don't know, ones salty cuz the board should know their place... Y'all tell everyone how they should feel, and how the school board should have made your dude tha man..... Frazier is a good dude, deserves to be treated better, and shouldn't have been led into this situation. Blame the sup and the assistant ad. They did this. Not the board/town. They told the two ole birds from the beginning what they wanted. Especially after the two ole birds made their move with two weeks left in the season. They thought they had more stroke, and led Frazier down this path.

• Like 1

I will tell you this:

• Fraziers name was mentioned well before the football season was over as being the next head coach at Tatum. Whether he leaked it or someone from Tatum did, that never should have happened. This probably made the school board say Hold Up
  • The school board is in charge of approving all hires. If the SUPT/Asst. AD knew that they would not accept this recommendation, then why draw it out this long and wait until the night of the meeting to let Frazier know that it would be a problem? That was unprofessional on part of Tatum Admin. Now you have caused a great coach, John Frazier, to be put through this mess and have to return to the job that he was prepared to leave.
  • Im sure the folks at West Rusk are happy that they get to keep their coach, but lets be honest..John was ready for what would have been a great promotion for him in his great career that he has had thus far.
  • Im not sure I understand why Andy Evans is allowed to have a say so in his replacementyes he has done a marvelous job at Tatum. He has built somewhat of an athletic dynasty. Dont take any credit from his assistant coaches though. Doesnt matter who the head coach is.if your assistant arent good, then the program wont be good. Tatums assistants are top notch. Both programs (GIrls/Boys) are excellent.
  • The only way to right this wrong is to re-open the search and let a committee decide who the next coach will beNOT Andy Evans. Andy has had a great run in Tatum and deserves to go out in style.but assistant AD is NOT what he should be. Put him in the admin building with Dee Hart and then they can both ride off into the sunset together in 2017! You have both done great, but Tatum is a district that was here before the both of you, and it will be here long after yall are gone! Let the board do their job and approve the coach that they want to represent their district..just like they have approved of a great SUPT staying around this long, Im sure they will find a great Head Coach to do the same!
  • School districts are an extension of the governmentwhich means school districts are a system of check and balances as well. Just like the president/congress/supreme courtschool districts have superintendents and school boards to regulate everything to make sure laws are being followed and to represent the community. These elected officials did not want John Fraziernothing personaljust business!!

If you are having a hard time finding a coach that is qualifiedlet me help you out..and you wont have to leave East Texas to go get him.

• Barry Bowman (Center HC)
  • Casey Pearce (Longview DC)
  • Shannon Wilson (Bullard HC)
  • Dale Irwin (Arp HC)
  • Kurt Traylor (Gilmer Assistant)
  • David Collins (Pine Tree HC)
  • Whitney Keeling (Waskom HC)
  • Thomas Sitton (Chapel Hill HC)
  • Scott Callaway (Mesquite OC)
  • Joe Drennon (Mineola HC)
  • Ricky Meeks (Center OC)
  • Tim Russell (Harmony HC)
  • Thomas Hightower (Daingerfield Asst.)
  • Tracy Blankenship (Ore City HC)
  • Kris Iske (White Oak HC)

One thing about these coaches is that Andy will not be able to control them as assistant athletic director. I feel that he tried to select Frazier because he felt that John fit His Mold for what he thinks that program needs.

Now Im not sure any of these guys would want the job now that the powers that be have allowed a name to leak 8 weeks before the actual hire and call him the night of just to break the bad news to him that you do not have the support of the board. Good luck in the search..

That's an interesting way to look at it.

I will tell you this:

1. Frazier’s name was mentioned well before the football season was over as being the next head coach at Tatum. Whether he leaked it or someone from Tatum did, that never should have happened. This probably made the school board say “Hold Up”
  2. The school board is in charge of approving all hires. If the SUPT/Asst. AD knew that they would not accept this recommendation, then why draw it out this long and wait until the night of the meeting to let Frazier know that it would be a problem? That was unprofessional on part of Tatum Admin. Now you have caused a great coach, John Frazier, to be put through this mess and have to return to the job that he was prepared to leave.
  3. I’m sure the folks at West Rusk are happy that they get to keep their coach, but let’s be honest…..John was ready for what would have been a great promotion for him in his great career that he has had thus far.
  4. I’m not sure I understand why Andy Evans is allowed to have a say so in his replacement…yes he has done a marvelous job at Tatum. He has built somewhat of an athletic dynasty. Don’t take any credit from his assistant coaches though. Doesn’t matter who the head coach is….if your assistant aren’t good, then the program won’t be good. Tatum’s assistants are top notch. Both programs (GIrls/Boys) are excellent.
  5. The only way to right this wrong is to re-open the search and let a committee decide who the next coach will be…NOT Andy Evans. Andy has had a great run in Tatum and deserves to go out in style…….but assistant AD is NOT what he should be. Put him in the admin building with Dee Hart and then they can both ride off into the sunset together in 2017! You have both done great, but Tatum is a district that was here before the both of you, and it will be here long after y’all are gone! Let the board do their job and approve the coach that they want to represent their district…..just like they have approved of a great SUPT staying around this long, I’m sure they will find a great Head Coach to do the same!
  6. School districts are an extension of the government…which means school districts are a system of check and balances as well. Just like the president/congress/supreme court……school districts have superintendents and school boards to regulate everything to make sure laws are being followed and to represent the community. These elected officials did not want John Frazier…nothing personal…just business!!
If you are having a hard time finding a coach that is qualified…let me help you out..and you won’t have to leave East Texas to go get him.
  1. Barry Bowman (Center HC)
  2. Casey Pearce (Longview DC)
  3. Shannon Wilson (Bullard HC)
  4. Dale Irwin (Arp HC)
  5. Kurt Traylor (Gilmer Assistant)
  6. David Collins (Pine Tree HC)
  7. Whitney Keeling (Waskom HC)
  8. Thomas Sitton (Chapel Hill HC)
  9. Scott Callaway (Mesquite OC)
  10. Joe Drennon (Mineola HC)
  11. Ricky Meeks (Center OC)
  12. Tim Russell (Harmony HC)
  13. Thomas Hightower (Daingerfield Asst.)
  14. Tracy Blankenship (Ore City HC)
  15. Kris Iske (White Oak HC)
One thing about these coaches is that Andy will not be able to control them as assistant athletic director. I feel that he tried to select Frazier because he felt that John fit “His Mold” for what he thinks that program needs.
Now I’m not sure any of these guys would want the job now that the powers that be have allowed a name to leak 8 weeks before the actual hire and call him the night of just to break the bad news to him that you do not have the support of the board. Good luck in the search…..

East TX. :unsure: