Tatum 2016

Eagleborn

He had four great years when he first arrived in Tatum. He showed up just before the 2004 season, Tatum went to the quarter finals with Stephen Hodge as Qb. The next three years anyone could have won with that kind of talent. You can see how good a coach is after he has been in place for 5 or 6 years. Not one two or three. What has his record been the last two. I didn't get on here to bash Mr Evans. But If he gets to replace himself, then he will have some ifluence over the way the next guy runs his team. He is gonna feel like he owes him something. And that is what Tatum need to get away from. If he has this much pull the people of Tatum need to take a look at there school board when election time comes back around.

He had four great years when he first arrived in Tatum. He showed up just before the 2004 season, Tatum went to the quarter finals with Stephen Hodge as Qb. The next three years anyone could have won with that kind of talent. You can see how good a coach is after he has been in place for 5 or 6 years. Not one two or three. What has his record been the last two. I didn't get on here to bash Mr Evans. But If he gets to replace himself, then he will have some ifluence over the way the next guy runs his team. He is gonna feel like he owes him something. And that is what Tatum need to get away from. If he has this much pull the people of Tatum need to take a look at there school board when election time comes back around.

School board is fine. There is no doubt in my mind that the school board will do what is right for this program, student athletes, and community and leave politics out of it.

Sounds to me like redeagle has his feathered ruffled. Did Coach Evans have to get rid of somebody recently? Why all the hate for a Coach who has done a tremendous job?

I don't have a problem with coach Evans. I here he is a good man. I was just responding to Not real sure. He gave coach Evans qualifications for helping choose his replacement. I just think when a program has went down hill as bad as Tatum's has over the last couple of years you would want to get as for away from the old system as possible. For a school that went 0 and 10 couldn't win a football game where did all these athletes come from on the basketball team? They seem to be winning against teams like Center, Carthage, and even Longview.

Sounds to me like redeagle has his feathered ruffled. Did Coach Evans have to get rid of somebody recently? Why all the hate for a Coach who has done a tremendous job?

I don't have a problem with coach Evans. I here he is a good man. I was just responding to Not real sure. He gave coach Evans qualifications for helping choose his replacement. I just think when a program has went down hill as bad as Tatum's has over the last couple of years you would want to get as for away from the old system as possible. For a school that went 0 and 10 couldn't win a football game where did all these athletes come from on the basketball team? They seem to be winning against teams like Center, Carthage, and even Longview.
  • Like 1

All those athletes came off IR. apparently you're not aware of all the injuries we sustained during football.

I do not have a problem with coach Evans. I hear he is a good man. I was just responding to the qualifications that Notrealsure gave for coach Evans choosing his replacement. I would think when a program like Tatum goes 0 an 10 you would want to distance yourself from that as for as possible. Why didn't some of the athletes that play basketball play on the football team. They are beating schools like Center,Carthage, Longview, Henderson.

• Like 1

I do not have a problem with coach Evans. I hear he is a good man. I was just responding to the qualifications that Notrealsure gave for coach Evans choosing his replacement. I would think when a program like Tatum goes 0 an 10 you would want to distance yourself from that as for as possible. Why didn't some of the athletes that play basketball play on the football team. They are beating schools like Center,Carthage, Longview, Henderson.

People need to get away from the concept that only "high profile" or "big names" can coach and lead a program. Find out if the kids that play for him respect him and play hard for him. If a coach has the respect of his players, they listen to him and play their tails off for him then he is a probably a good leader. Talk to coaches who work with him, do other coaches respect him, is he organized, does he have a plan for success. If he passes these test, then find out what his vision is. Is he "stuck" in a system or is he able to modify and adjust to the talent he has year to year.

• Like 1

Few things........

Yes, when Evans first came to Tatum it was a gold mine with talent.. To say anyone could could of coached that team is just flat out silly. Ever since the days of Centers and Horton Tatum has had the talent. Evans and his staff got them over the hump. Not Conway, not Crawford, not Sorenson.. Andy Evans. No disrespect to the first three..

All but three Tatum basketball players played football... Always have. Two of the three that didn't play year-round hoops.. The other has played football before but basketball his is first love.... KLTV did a great piece on him a while back.. You should check it out. Oh and could someone please tell me what Center, Carthage,Henderson and Longview has done decently in basketball? or last 10 years? or last 20 years?

You hear Evans is a good man? I KNOW he's a good man as do many, many others.

• Like 2

You got it set on "repeat"?

• Like 1

Dirty bird how many helmets have you seen thown across the sibe line.? Kids quit at half time then back on the field the next week?. And the kids cussing the coaches on the sidelines.

I know you didn't ask me, But I saw a helmet get thrown across the sideline (I think that's what you meant) in 1999...