Tatum 2016

Eagleborn

He had four great years when he first arrived in Tatum. He showed up just before the 2004 season, Tatum went to the quarter finals with Stephen Hodge as Qb. The next three years anyone could have won with that kind of talent. You can see how good a coach is after he has been in place for 5 or 6 years. Not one two or three. What has his record been the last two. I didn't get on here to bash Mr Evans. But If he gets to replace himself, then he will have some ifluence over the way the next guy runs his team. He is gonna feel like he owes him something. And that is what Tatum need to get away from. If he has this much pull the people of Tatum need to take a look at there school board when election time comes back around.

+1 hey these stadium police are as delusional as it gets they are just mourning the fact that the cant hang around the locker rooms and feel important anymore lol

I am gonna say this since the meeting is underway, the people of Tatum should be up there applauding the pick of John Frazier as the new AD/football coach, he is a great coach and an amazing young man. I have been fortunate to have worked for 5 coaches in 25 years, Jack Murphy, David Husmann,Jeff Traylor, and Greg Owens all have tremendous records and accomplishments with numerous titles. I will assure you Frazier has as great a football mind as any of them, he understands how to mold an offensive scheme around the ability of his kids, from the wing t in his first few years to the multiple spread we ran this year. He will put the Eagles in the best situation to win, they will be in shape and prepared every week, in season and out. Even more important than football is that John will bring his ideas of discipline and character to add to already great program to produce quality young men that become leaders in the community. His relationship with non athletes is also something I have not seen, he goes out of his way to make all students at WR feel part of the family, it is truly a gift. I hope as I finish this post I find that Tatum has made a great choice to lead their program into the future, you won't find a better candidate.

• Like 1

There was so much pre-smoke to this school board meeting and a lot of you called it, and in the end, perhaps enough where John Frazier just backed away and said, not worth it.

Tatum has a great school district, tremendous facilities but there sure was a lot of negativity heading into Wednesday night's school board meeting.

And, now, it's back open...will be interesting to find out who has the hammer in the second phase of this coaching search?

Smoaky

There was so much pre-smoke to this school board meeting and a lot of you called it, and in the end, perhaps enough where John Frazier just backed away and said, not worth it.

Tatum has a great school district, tremendous facilities but there sure was a lot of negativity heading into Wednesday night's school board meeting.

And, now, it's back open...will be interesting to find out who has the hammer in the second phase of this coaching search?

Smoaky

+1

It seems to me that some people should've kept their mouths shut until everything was finalized.

Actually, I completely disagree, it's a message board, people have opinions. And, I'm sure you've gone on a message board or three to read speculation on other coaching searches or stories. And, it's Tatum, home of a great school district and school, football program and athletic department. It's a story, because Tatum matters. So, if you didn't want anyone to care about who was recommended, approved, or hired, be a fan of a team that loses year-in and year-out, and I know you don't want that in any way.

Smoaky

I wonder if all schools would get as much attention as this one and Daingerfield are getting. I know that they are winning programs but when is enough enough. Let the boards do their jobs and comment afterwards when it is all said and done.

Smoaky

Or maybe he just had A change of heart and decided he wanted to stay in West Rusk with the kids he's been around and gotten to know.

I'm not concerned about the fact that names were posted about those who interviewed. I just find that it should not of been reported that Frazier had the job until it was official. Not just on here but in news reports as well.

I never saw where it was actually reported other than on theoldcoach(and he just owned up to the uh oh).....all I saw was that he was being recommended. That has nothing to do with being hired. The only ones I saw saying he got the job were simply posters on forums.