Tatum 2016

Eagleborn

Okay, here's some insight on tonight's school board meeting at Tatum.

I've also tweeted this out on @DavidSmoak on Twitter.

You can take it for what it's worth.

=====

Tatum superintendent Dee Hartt had every intention of recommending West Rusk's John Frazier on Wednesday night, but once the school board meeting began, Hartt realized the lack of support for his recommendation. So, Hartt called Coach Frazier, told him the scenario, and Frazier decided it was best to withdraw his name from consideration.

I had one source tell me, "Coach Frazier is about as low as you can get," but he'll bounce back.

I've also been told Frazier may release a statement sometime later tonight. He's a good man and coach, he'll bounce back and be just fine.

Good luck to all involved.

Last post.....somebody said it earlier...I want people to know something you don't......that not the point and I turn into an old 70s Bearcat here, what you have is a DA board member who wanted to be the big dog and got a few of his red neck brethren to over rule prob one of the best superintendents in East Texas so they can prove they're the boss. Tatum lost a chance tonight to introduce their children to a great teacher and coach, a man that would have been a great asset to the district......somebody with a position that are 2 big for their britches, prob one of the guys on here that have been negative from the start, who knows. Big win for West Rusk tonight over on the east side of Rusk county.......

Full story

TATUM — Tatum’s search for a football coach and athletic director continues following Wednesday night’s special meeting of trustees.

Superintendent Dr. Dee Hartt recommended current West Rusk football coach John Frazier for the position, but during “final negotiations,” Frazier withdrew his name.

Tatum trustees met in closed session for 50 minutes before going into open session.

“After learning that I would not have full support of the school board, my family and I, through careful thought and prayer, decided it best that I withdraw my name from consideration for the position, said Frazier.

“We are very grateful to Dr. Hartt and the interviewing committee for their full support and vote of confidence that I should be considered for the job.”

Frazier has been with West Rusk since 2007, compiling an overall 59-42 record and leading teams to the postseason five times. Twice he led the Raiders to school-record 12-win seasons, including this past season with their first-ever trip to the quarterfinals. The West Rusk football program was 8-42 the five years prior to Frazier’s arrival.

It’s back to the drawing board for Tatum in its quest to replace Andy Evans, who in 12 seasons at Tatum compiled a 115-40 record with back-to-back state titles in 2005 and 2006.

Evans resigned his position in mid December and will remain as an assistant athletic director throughout the 2016-17 school year.

The focus, according to Hartt, now centers on two of the other finalists for the position -- Kaufman’s Craig Barker and Dickinson’s John Snelson.

Hart is hopeful he can bring a name before the board at its next scheduled meetingon Feb. 15.

Per LN-J

The focus, according to Hartt, now centers on two of the other finalists for the position -- Kaufmans Craig Barker and Dickinsons John Snelson.

There's your HC in DFW with some East TX ties

and

An assistant coach from the Houston Area.

Last post.....somebody said it earlier...I want people to know something you don't......that not the point and I turn into an old 70s Bearcat here, what you have is a DA board member who wanted to be the big dog and got a few of his red neck brethren to over rule prob one of the best superintendents in East Texas so they can prove they're the boss. Tatum lost a chance tonight to introduce their children to a great teacher and coach, a man that would have been a great asset to the district......somebody with a position that are 2 big for their britches, prob one of the guys on here that have been negative from the start, who knows. Big win for West Rusk tonight over on the east side of Rusk county.......

Or maybe, just maybe....they just simply wanna go in another directions. I see you are close to the subject here and understand that you may not be happy with the outcome but the board members have a tough job to do and I'm sure they're doing their job to the best of their ability. I doubt very seriously this had anything to do with "who's the boss syndrome." I support the fact that the board is taking every step needed to get who they feel is right for the position.

There's your HC in DFW with some East TX ties

and

An assistant coach from the Houston Area.

I suppose you still think that DIII coach was an assistant too, lol. I'm just pickin at ya. It was close, just no assistant coaches applied.

I suppose you still think that DIII coach was an assistant too, lol. I'm just pickin at ya. It was close, just no assistant coaches applied.

It's all good. Got the Houston area part right though...lol. Great human interest story on him.

Interesting update on LNJ story with Hartt mentioning two of the finalists back in the game? Well, I just traded a couple of text messages with Kaufman's Craig Barker and he's had no contact with Hartt tonight, at least not yet, or since his interview.

Doesn't mean that can't start back up again, but as of a few minutes ago, Barker didn't know the search was reopened.

You must be the board member or one of his buds, y'all lost on this one...I guarantee , and makes no sense they were told and still did their own thing....I dont see that, as I said earlier your supt is one of the best in ET and you don't want to follow his recommendation without him y'all would prob still have the old barn gym for your Jr. High to play in...idiocracy at its finest..

You must be the board member or one of his buds, y'all lost on this one...I guarantee , and makes no sense they were told and still did their own thing....I dont see that, as I said earlier your supt is one of the best in ET and you don't want to follow his recommendation without him y'all would prob still have the old barn gym for your Jr. High to play in...idiocracy at its finest..

Or brilliance,....we'll have to wait and see. No, I'm not a board member. Do i know all that are on it? Yes....we're a small town. Am i friends with them? Maybe, Maybe not....Doesn't matter. Do I feel that they are trying to get it right? You bet your bottom dollar. Again, best of luck to Coach Frazier as he continues what has been a fine career. Hope he gets him a title for our Rusk County buddies in West Rusk.