Tatum 2016

Eagleborn

We have a very simple system down here in Tatum,,, the people vote for the members of the Board who make the best decisions for all of our district.. The Board does the hiring and handles the other business,,,,and here the supt as well as all the staff,, work for the people who pays their salary,thro taxes. as governed by our elected School Board...I have the utmost respect and confidence in the members of our Elected Board,,, and I want to say Thank You for sending the statement that you have...I am sure there is a reason for the non hiring of a recommended individual..But I assure all of you Bashers,,We at TATUM will have no problem finding a coach who WANTS to be a part of our community and system, and fits the wants of our School Board!!!!

Hey that sounds just like our govt. and congress they are there to do the peoples bid...,,,!!!! lol lol lol

The more I read and hear about this situation, it appears it would be a hard gig for just about any head coach wanting to bring in his own assistants. Wouldn't surprise me too much to see Evans stay another year.

I don't think they want him either!!!!!!!!

A bunch of unqualified posters telling "unqualified" board members they did their job wrong? Hypocrites. Quit whining and crying and let them do their job.

Just so you know the qualifications of a board member.

I will also add that being a school board member is a NON-PAYING THANKLESS job.

BOARD MEMBERS BBA ELIGIBILITY/QUALIFICATIONS (LEGAL)

ELIGIBILITY

To be eligible to be a candidate for, or elected or appointed to, the office of school board member, a person must:

1. Be a United States citizen.

2. Be 18 years of age or older on the first day of the term to be filled at the election or on the date of appointment, as appli- cable.

3. Have not been determined by a final judgment of a court ex- ercising probate jurisdiction to be totally mentally incapacitat- ed or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote.

4. Have not been finally convicted of a felony from which the person has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities.

5. Be a resident of Texas and the district for the period of time described at RESIDENCY, below. Tex. Const. Art. XVI, Sec. 14

6. Be registered to vote. [see REGISTERED VOTER, below]

Election Code 1.020, 141.001(a), 601.009; Brown v. Patterson, 609 S.W.2d 287 (Tex. Civ. App.Dallas 1980, no writ)

A person may not be elected board member of the district unless the person is a qualified voter. Education Code 11.061(b)

Qualified voter means a person who:

1. Is 18 years of age or older;

2. Is a United States citizen;

3. Has not been determined by a final judgment of a court exer- cising probate jurisdiction to be totally mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote;

4. Has not been finally convicted of a felony; [see also Atty. Gen. Op. LO 96-114 (1996) (concluding that caveat at Elec- tion Code 11.002 does not mitigate blanket prohibition in Elec- tion Code 141.001, above at ELIGIBILITY)]

5. Is a resident of this state; and

6. Is a registered voter.

Election Code 1.020, 11.002

BOARD MEMBERS BBA ELIGIBILITY/QUALIFICATIONS (LEGAL)

RESIDENCY

To be eligible to be a candidate for, or elected or appointed to, the office of school board member, a person must have resided contin- uously in the state for 12 months and in the district for six months immediately preceding the following date:

1. For an independent candidate, the date of the regular filing deadline for a candidate's application for a place on the ballot.

2. For a write-in candidate, the date of the election at which the candidate's name is written in.

3. For an appointee to an office, the date the appointment is made.

Election Code 141.001(a)(5)

Residence shall mean domicile, ones home and fixed place of habitation to which one intends to return after any temporary ab- sence; one does not lose ones residence status by leaving to go to another place for temporary purposes only. A person does not ac- quire a residence in a place to which the person has come for tem- porary purposes only and without the intention of making that place the person's home. Residence shall be determined in accordance with the common-law rules, as enunciated by the courts of this state, except as otherwise provided by the Election Code. Election Code 1.015

Note: The issue of whether a candidate has satisfied residency requirements should be judicially determined. State v. Fischer, 769 S.W.2d 619 (Tex. App.Corpus Christi 1989, writ dismd w.o.j)

To be eligible to be a candidate for, or elected or appointed to, the board, a person must be registered to vote in the territory from which the office is elected on the date described below:

1. For an independent candidate, the date of the regular filing deadline for a candidate's application for a place on the ballot.

2. For a write-in candidate, the date of the election at which the candidate's name is written in.

3. For an appointee to an office, the date the appointment is made.

Election Code 141.001(a)(6)

RESIDENCE DEFINED

REGISTERED VOTER

So just so we are on the same page. The same qualifications as the know it alls that are posting they didn't do their job right? Alls I'm saying is, its unqualified people taking a shot at people that they say are unqualified. How could these regular town folk know more about the situation than the folk in the actual town? I don't have a dog in the fight. I just think the board members from Tatum have a better idea and grasp of the situation than Billy Bob does from another town that only has the details that have been made public and not the whole situation that the board has full understanding of. So just quit the lip quivering and let them handle it. This whole ordeal has been magnified 100X bigger than it even is by regular Joes pooping out of the mouth.

So just so we are on the same page. The same qualifications as the know it alls that are posting they didn't do their job right? Alls I'm saying is, its unqualified people taking a shot at people that they say are unqualified. How could these regular town folk know more about the situation than the folk in the actual town? I don't have a dog in the fight. I just think the board members from Tatum have a better idea and grasp of the situation than Billy Bob does from another town that only has the details that have been made public and not the whole situation that the board has full understanding of. So just quit the lip quivering and let them handle it. This whole ordeal has been magnified 100X bigger than it even is by regular Joes pooping out of the mouth.

Well said, regardless of the outcome., We will field a Team next year, and we will be a force as always to be respected, and above all Our board will find the best person to fill the position. with that being said, Even in all of this supposed negative B/S being said about our board and school, we happen to have both boys and girls basketball teams rated in the state ranking...We are one of the few schools who have success in ALL athletics,,,,Thank You to the Board Members who had the back bone to say NO this one is not our man!!!!

I misread your post for that I apologize and agree with you 100%!

Hi Domingo. First let me say I'm a big time fan. When I had to help with stand around one year it was your videos that got me through it.

Hi Domingo. First let me say I'm a big time fan. When I had to help with stand around one year it was your videos that got me through it.

Muchos Gracias. I love teaching people to beisbol. If you ever need to hit a homerun check out my video on youtube.....it work every time.