Tatum 2016

Eagleborn

I have been following this thread and it is pretty embarrassing for the Tatum community and ISD. I guess at this point there are only a couple of things that I would like to add to the conversations...

1. It is 100% NOT the role of a school board to decide who is and is not hired. It is the Superintendent's job to decide, with the recommendation of his administrators to hire and fire. When a school board does not back up the administration things have run amuck. A school district that is run by their school board is a district going down a very long and ugly road. One of 2 things needs to happen...they either need to get a new board that knows their role or they need to get a new superintendent that they trust to run the district.

2. Tatum really missed out on a great hire in John Frazier. He is a great coach and more importantly, he is a great man.

• Like 2

I have been following this thread and it is pretty embarrassing for the Tatum community and ISD. I guess at this point there are only a couple of things that I would like to add to the conversations...

1. It is 100% NOT the role of a school board to decide who is and is not hired. It is the Superintendent's job to decide, with the recommendation of his administrators to hire and fire. When a school board does not back up the administration things have run amuck. A school district that is run by their school board is a district going down a very long and ugly road. One of 2 things needs to happen...they either need to get a new board that knows their role or they need to get a new superintendent that they trust to run the district.

2. Tatum really missed out on a great hire in John Frazier. He is a great coach and more importantly, he is a great man.

2. I don't know anything about John Frazier. Your opinion definitely seems to be in the overwhelming majority.

1. You nailed it!!! Why is this such a hard concept for folks to "get"?

He's a SALTY friend that started an account to spew his SALTYNESS!!!! YOU DON'T GET IT>>>>>>> It's not FRAZIER... IT's NOT THE SCHOOL BOARD>>>>> THE ASSISTANT AD AND SUP HAD COACH #1 PICKED WITH 3 WEEKS LEFT IN THE SEASON AND LET IT GET OUT. THE PEOPLE OF TATUM HAVE 2 ADMIN THAT ARE RETIRING NEXT YEAR TRYING TO RAMROD THEIR GUY IN A POSITION THAT WILL CARRY ON. OPEN IT UP AND FIND THE BEST APPLICANT. MAYBE THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN FRAZIER..... WE'LL NEVER KNOW.

• Like 1

This issue was not an embarrassment for Tatum ISD. The Board/Superintendent relationship is good. A disagreement over one individual doesn't indicate a ship wreck. Frazier is from the area and may be a great guy; however, his record is pedestrian.

I sure most folks in Tatum are expecting a hire that will reflect a degree of success. When I looked at the list of applicants I was shocked that Frazier was recommended. Sometimes friendships get in the way of solid decisions.

The next coach recommended and hired will be a rational choice.

He's a SALTY friend that started an account to spew his SALTYNESS!!!! YOU DON'T GET IT>>>>>>> It's not FRAZIER... IT's NOT THE SCHOOL BOARD>>>>> THE ASSISTANT AD AND SUP HAD COACH #1 PICKED WITH 3 WEEKS LEFT IN THE SEASON AND LET IT GET OUT. THE PEOPLE OF TATUM HAVE 2 ADMIN THAT ARE RETIRING NEXT YEAR TRYING TO RAMROD THEIR GUY IN A POSITION THAT WILL CARRY ON. OPEN IT UP AND FIND THE BEST APPLICANT. MAYBE THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN FRAZIER..... WE'LL NEVER KNOW.

When the Superintendent hired the current head coach/assistant AD. It was a favor repayed. Supposedly his father gave our Superintendent his first coaching job down close to the coast. He was offered the job before Sorensen took it and it was offered again after Sorensen was pushed out. With the promise of a Turf field and four classes/years of talent like he had never seen. And they were setting up the next guy before they retired.

This issue was not an embarrassment for Tatum ISD. The Board/Superintendent relationship is good. A disagreement over one individual doesn't indicate a ship wreck. Frazier is from the area and may be a great guy; however, his record is pedestrian.

I sure most folks in Tatum are expecting a hire that will reflect a degree of success. When I looked at the list of applicants I was shocked that Frazier was recommended. Sometimes friendships get in the way of solid decisions.

The next coach recommended and hired will be a rational choice.

U no nuteen , not enufen post,,,...!!!!!